2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im waiting on the day someone puts KG in check
He puts himself in check every time he tries to do something on the basketball court now

[sub]He's actually having a good game today though[/sub]

Last edited:

people like to think that there is competition in the nba when there really isnt

the team with bird and magic win all the championships

the team with mj wins all the championships

the team with kobe and duncan win all the championships

the team with lebron wins all the championships

and the same coaches win all the championships, phil, pat and pop

fans and media love to build subpar guys like cp3, james harden and coaches like thibs, dantoni (5 years ago) up, bringing up regular season stats and saying oh this might be their year.

its the same thing 80% of the time, the team with the best player wins the championship. when i say chris paul, harden or thibs are not good enough to win a championship its not hate its just the way it is and the way it has always been.

a team with lebron or kd (if he grows a pair) will win all the championships for the next 5-7 years

people like to think that there is competition in the nba when there really isnt

You're right. It was all a part of the masterplan.

The basketball gods and the angel of Stern just wanted the Spurs to win those 5 straight when the Lakers weren't.

fans and media love to build subpar guys like cp3, james harden and coaches like thibs, dantoni (5 years ago) up, bringing up regular season stats and saying oh this might be their year.

its the same thing 80% of the time, the team with the best player wins the championship. when i say chris paul, harden or thibs are not good enough to win a championship its not hate its just the way it is and the way it has always been.

a team with lebron or kd (if he grows a pair) will win all the championships for the next 5-7 years
You can't mention KD with zero rings. You can't say that a team with him will win anything yet and he's only been to the Finals once and got bounced fast

Last edited:
its the same thing 80% of the time, the team with the best player wins the championship.

And this is why I say coaching is overrated in the NBA. It's really as simple as this. Make or miss league, and the teams with the best players will always be in a prime position to win it all. The best players win. Has very little to do with coaching IMO one of the few coaches who actually coaches to me is Phil Jackson. But aside from him and a few others, coaches are only as good as their best players and they'll only go as far as their best players take them.

The team with the best player has won 6 outta the last 10.

If the Heat don't win it all this year we talking about 50/50.

So yeah I don't know if this is valid.

In order for the Raps to have a chance, they have to hold the Nets to 35 points in the second half. No way were going to get to 100 with that offense.

You can't mention KD with zero rings. You can't say that a team with him will win anything yet and he's only been to the Finals once and got bounced fast
thats why i said if he grows a pair

and gets out of that small market village of okc

In order for the Raps to have a chance, they have to hold the Nets to 35 points in the second half. No way were going to get to 100 with that offense.

No way Nets are only scoring 35 in the second half. The refs are rolling out the red carpet for the Nets right now.

No way Nets are only scoring 35 in the second half. The refs are rolling out the red carpet for the Nets right now.
Dee-lusional.

laugh.gif
  Beadle getting at the Raptors.

Last edited:
The team with the best player has won 6 outta the last 10.

If the Heat don't win it all this year we talking about 50/50.

So yeah I don't know if this is valid.
going backwards

lebron

lebron

dirk

kobe

kobe

celtics

duncan

wade

duncan

detroit

shaq

shaq

shaq

duncan

since jordan retired 11/14 of the championship teams have had kobe/shaq/lebron/duncan

And this is why I say coaching is overrated in the NBA. It's really as simple as this. Make or miss league, and the teams with the best players will always be in a prime position to win it all. The best players win. Has very little to do with coaching IMO one of the few coaches who actually coaches to me is Phil Jackson. But aside from him and a few others, coaches are only as good as their best players and they'll only go as far as their best players take them.

this is idiotic, reductive thinking,

1. there are enough outliers teams a year that make this not even true.

and the 06, Heat, the 04 Pitstons, the Bad Boy Pistons, the 10 Mavs, rockets back to back, 86 sixers.

2. The amount of "best players in the league" who didn't win anything until they got the requisite teamamtes/coaches.

Lebron, Wilt, Kobe, Jordan, shaq

Teams win championship, and coaches matter on the margins.

don't oversimplify.

Last edited:

and the 06, Heat, the 04 Pitstons, the Bad Boy Pistons, the 10 Mavs, rockets back to back, 86 sixers.

heat had the most dominant center in nba history, robed by steve nash of the mvp that year

04 and 10 mavs were great teams that took advantage of all time great teams choking and falling apart

hakeem was the best player in the league, jordan retired

people love to talk about the bulls or pacers or clippers or rockets all year, those teams dont matter. the team with the best player is going to win the title this year, just like last year and the year before that.

there are only 2-3 teams in the league ever year that are worth talking about, everything else is a waste of time and energy

But, the Spurs.

They've only played with a HoF anchor on both ends for 18 years as well as two other HoF players for their position for over a decade.

The constant in San Antonio has been Popovich. As great as Tim Duncan is, the system he surrounded them in, the choices he's made in close games, the role players he's built up. Okay. Sure.

Coaching can't make the players make their shots. And sometimes players are just gonna be great, and nothing anyone says or does is gonna chance the outcome. But contenders tend to be so close in talent, that at the end of the day weak coaching and bad decisions under pressure cost championships. Duncan woulda been KG before Boston without Pop.

The whole idea that the greatest players are gonna win, go home, is ridiculous when you consider all the times that didn't happen in the last decade.

It's easy to rewrite history with 20/20 vision and say, well duh. Well duh, Dirk is gonna go unconscious in the playoffs.

Last edited:
I just dont want the Heat to have a cake walk into the Finals man cmon THE EAST better than that is it really that bad that no one really wants the chip man like tf?!?! Damn i miss the 90s when there was so many great players to challenge one another

this is idiotic, reductive thinking,

2. The amount of "best players in the league" who didn't win anything until they got the requisite teamamtes/coaches.

Lebron, Wilt, Kobe, Jordan, shaq

Teams win championship, and coaches matter on the margins.

don't oversimplify.

91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

All had top five elite level talents on their team. By best player in the league I don't literally mean "the best," but top 5 talent is what you need in most cases to be successful in the NBA. What "coach" in the league is looked at as a great coach without elite level talent?

a majority of top players get a great team put around them at one point in their career. generational players like lebron, kobe, duncan actually do something with those great teams and win championships. while lesser players like karl malone, steve nash, jason kidd, cp3, dwight howard, pat ewing come up short year after year and if they are REALLY lucky they will get a single championship (wade, dirk)

if your trying to win multiple championships without the best player in the league you might as well give up now because its not going to happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom