2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
almost winning and winning.

like I said

on the margins, coaching matters.

I don't think so. Even in those moments in the finals, like I said who's the best player on most of those winners? He's almost always a top 5 player. Coaches really only go as far as their roster and when a coach has the blessing of coaching a top 5 / top 10 player, in most cases he'll be coaching a title contender.

people always point at that one time. that one time the suns almost made the finals, that one time the pacers almost beat the heat, that one time the pacers almost beat the bulls

its not luck, theres a reason the team with the best player always comes up on top in these close calls. people just like to think these lesser teams have a chance to keep things interesting 

A team with Bron will be the favorites to win until like 2020.

OKC, SAS, MIA

no other team has a chance. At all.

And as anticlimatic as this is, this is the fate of the NBA. I still love it, but if you have Bron, KD, Tim Duncan, Blake Griffin now, and a few others, you're either seriously going to challenge for a title or win it all.

And IMO, that has very little to do with who's coaching them flat out.

91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

All had top five elite level talents on their team. By best player in the league I don't literally mean "the best," but top 5 talent is what you need in most cases to be successful in the NBA. What "coach" in the league is looked at as a great coach without elite level talent?

Ahh, I see your problem. Too many dynasties in basketball.

What happened in '03? Why were the 3x champ Lakers suddenly not good enough? Or '04.
Why didn't the Heat win in '05? They had Shaq and Wade. What's the problem?
Why didn't the SSOL Suns win? Is this why Amare got suspended? :nerd:
Does that explain D-Whistle?
Was LeBron not THE best player? What happened from '07-'11?
How come Kobe couldn't get back to the Finals until Pau got there? Does that make Pau the best player?
If KG was that good this whole time, why couldn't he get to the Finals until Boston? Why'd they win immediately?
Does late '00s Dwight count for anything?
If Dirk was this good this whole time, how come he didn't win before?

I see what you're saying. You've gotta have someone playing absolutely great to win. A healthy enough squad. Role players playing great. And a coach who won't **** it up.

That's crazy.

Last edited:
these teams playing for a short vacation in miami where they have to lose a game every other night

they're better off just losing and getting an early summer

A team with Bron will be the favorites to win until like 2020.

OKC, SAS, MIA

no other team has a chance. At all.
And as anticlimatic as this is, this is the fate of the NBA. I still love it, but if you have Bron, KD, Tim Duncan, Blake Griffin now, and a few others, you're either seriously going to challenge for a title or win it all.

Threw Blake Griffin in with those guys? 
roll.gif

Even in the finals, out of the two teams playing in most cases the team with the best player is going to pull it out and 9/10 that player is probably top 5 in the league. Also, The lead up all the way to the finals. The chance to actually win a ring by playing in the finals. The best of the best players will almost always have you contending and either being at the finals or damn close.

except for all the times when they didn't, Lebron lost to dwight howard, lost to dirk, to older duncan, old celtics, he was the best player all those times.

not that simple.

Its funny folks talking the best player always wins championships when the best player in the NBA didn't win **** unitl he played with other all NBA players.

Kobe never did **** without another all NBA player and neither did Lebron.

Why is that a bad foul? People do that to lebron every game and everybody says its smart wrap him up soon he can't get the shot off. Why give JJ a free basket

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom