2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just dont want the Heat to have a cake walk into the Finals man cmon THE EAST better than that is it really that bad that no one really wants the chip man like tf?!?! Damn i miss the 90s when there was so many great players to challenge one another
Sadly I'm not even sure there's a team in the West that's clearly going to be as good as Miami, especially after all that rest.

The constant in San Antonio has been Popovich. As great as Tim Duncan is, the system he surrounded them in, the choices he's made in close games, the role players he's built up. Okay. Sure.

Coaching can't make the players make their shots. And sometimes players are just gonna be great, and nothing anyone says or does is gonna chance the outcome. But contenders tend to be so close in talent, that at the end of the day weak coaching and bad decisions under pressure cost championships. Duncan woulda been KG before Boston without Pop.

The whole idea that the greatest players are gonna win, go home, is ridiculous when you consider all the times that didn't happen in the last decade.

It's easy to rewrite history with 20/20 vision and say, well duh. Well duh, Dirk is gonna go unconscious in the playoffs.

1) The constant in San Antonio has been duncan. As "Good" as pop has been, he's been able to be good because everything revolves around arguably a top 10 player of all time. Then add TP and Manu? Come on.

2) 04 pistons are an outlier. What team this decade won without a top 5, top 10 elite talent?

the reason the west first round is so great this year is because there are no all time greats playing in the west

put prime duncan/kobe/lebron led team in any west series this year and its over in 5

1. History is irrelevant, Shaq wasn't the best player at that point.

2. Falling apart choking? or better coaching better teammates? If you can't see the difference between eric spolestras coaching now and in the first final, well I don't know what to say. really who ever wins the championship that year just gets retroactivley assigned best player. becasue Hakeem wasn';t considered the best player on the first chip, same for shaq, same for kobe.

3. 1 team wins the championship every year about 4 or 5 teams have a legitimate shot of winning it some stronger than others ites not as simple as best player means you win, you have to have good team and coaches.

Last edited:
No way Nets are only scoring 35 in the second half. The refs are rolling out the red carpet for the Nets right now.

Kinda my point. I just dont think it will happen either, but thats the only way they win this one. Because we all know that offense aint scoring 60 in the second half, especially considering our third quarter woes.

I just dont want the Heat to have a cake walk into the Finals man cmon THE EAST better than that is it really that bad that no one really wants the chip man like tf?!?! Damn i miss the 90s when there was so many great players to challenge one another

Funny part is people saying it isn't the heats fault they face bad competition.... Ummmm yeah it kimda is. Y'all joined up and stacked the deck :lol:

Last edited:
Kinda my point. I just dont think it will happen either, but thats the only way they win this one. Because we all know that offense aint scoring 60 in the second half, especially considering our third quarter woes.

Lets just hope our offense steps up this second half. I still think we got this.

91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

All had top five elite level talents on their team. By best player in the league I don't literally mean "the best," but top 5 talent is what you need in most cases to be successful in the NBA. What "coach" in the league is looked at as a great coach without elite level talent?

so your telling me to a win a chip you have to have great players?

really?

obviously, but when you get to the finals the other teamw ill have a top 5 player, and when the competition is that close, coaching matters.

2. Falling apart choking? or better coaching better teammates? If you can't see the difference between eric spolestras coaching now and in the first final, well I don't know what to say. really who ever wins the championship that year just gets retroactivley assigned best player. becasue Hakeem wasn';t considered the best player on the first chip,

3. 1 team wins the championship every year about 4 or 5 teams have a legitimate shot of winning it some stronger than others ites not as simple as best player means you win, you have to have good team and coaches.

1. Shaq was still 20 & 10 when he first hit Miami and D Wade was a top five player

2. That's my point. Even with Spoelstra not being an elite coach when bron went to miami, they still got all the way to the finals and almost won. There's something to be said about that. And while Hakeem wasn't considered the best player, he was for sure considered a top 5/top 10 player.

3. I disagree. It really is that simple. Look at who's contending year in and year out. They almost always have a bonafide top 5 / top 10 player

1. Shaq was still 20 & 10 when he first hit Miami and D Wade was a top five player

2. That's my point. Even with Spoelstra not being an elite coach when bron went to miami, they still got all the way to the finals and almost won. There's something to be said about that. And while Hakeem wasn't considered the best player, he was for sure considered a top 5/top 10 player.

3. I disagree. It really is that simple. Look at who's contending year in and year out. They almost always have a bonafide top 5 / top 10 player

almost winning and winning.

like I said

on the margins, coaching matters.

Again, how did the Bulls have a top 5 offense 2 years ago when Rose missed 40% of the season? Was it some kind of accident? If you want to say he plays certain guys (Deng, Butler) way too many minutes that's fine but I'm not buying this idea that he's a bumbling idiot offensively. As much as some of you guys like to slander Nate Robinson he could at least create his own shot, the current Bulls have no one on the roster who can do that.

Lol at Scott Brooks being better than Thibs in any way, shape, or form.

Last edited:

2. Falling apart choking? or better coaching better teammates? If you can't see the difference between eric spolestras coaching now and in the first final, well I don't know what to say. really who ever wins the championship that year just gets retroactivley assigned best player. becasue Hakeem wasn';t considered the best player on the first chip, same for shaq, same for kobe.

history is everything, just because it doesnt support your point doesnt mean you can ignore 30 years of basketball

if lebron didnt let jason terry outplay him miami would have won

there are all time greats that win a majority of the championships and there are lesser stars that people like you love to hype up when everyone knows they are not going to do anything come playoff time

its just the way it is and the way it always has been

who was the best player in the league in shaqs first year? kobe in 09? those guys were clearly the best player in the league, or at least top 2

people like to think that 4-5 teams can win every year, at the end of the day it will almost always be the team with the best player. talking about teams like the clippers and pacers is a waste of time

so your telling me to a win a chip you have to have great players?

really?

obviously, but when you get to the finals the other teamw ill have a top 5 player, and when the competition is that close, coaching matters.

Even in the finals, out of the two teams playing in most cases the team with the best player is going to pull it out and 9/10 that player is probably top 5 in the league. Also, The lead up all the way to the finals. The chance to actually win a ring by playing in the finals. The best of the best players will almost always have you contending and either being at the finals or damn close.

It's funny how nobody even pays attention to these ****** eastern conference games. The thread is always so off topic during them 
laugh.gif

This game is done.

Raps come out so flat at the start of the quarter. That and foul could is 3-0 already 3 minutes in, Amir with 2 of them.

Im disgusted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom