2021 NFL Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
and they're still watching. Never seen a more hypocritical bunch of ppl when it comes to "cancel culture"
its down though. We think there's something to it, to be honest. I work for Fox. So we're happy to get anything live these days, but for sure concerned with the year to year decrease. We're close to chalking it up to "those people" really are holding out.

But places like Minnesota and Milwaukee, football is still on fire. Its amazing what the local games ratings are. The cities just shut down! Philly too. I'm in awe.

Tampa too. Tom Brady should be getting a cut of our ad sales. We're all rooting hard for the Bucs because the better they do, the better we do! Its hard to root for buc em buc em teams man.

its down though. We think there's something to it, to be honest. I work for Fox. So we're happy to get anything live these days, but for sure concerned with the year to year decrease. We're close to chalking it up to "those people" really are holding out.

But places like Minnesota and Milwaukee, football is still on fire. Its amazing what the local games ratings are. The cities just shut down! Philly too. I'm in awe.

Tampa too. Tom Brady should be getting a cut of our ad sales. We're all rooting hard for the Bucs because the better they do, the better we do! Its hard to root for buc em buc em teams man.
Gotcha on the yearly decrease. You guys don't feel there's a bit of an exception with the impacts of the pandemic play with this year?

and they're still watching. Never seen a more hypocritical bunch of ppl when it comes to "cancel culture"

I feel that those who say that, weren't really fans in the first place and just say it to feel like they actually make a difference or something.

And everything I read was that the cable broadcasts or whatever are down slightly, but the ratings from the streaming services are up substantially., creating an overall increase in viewership.

technically, ratings are down. The National Games are not doing too well but the local televised games are doing ok.

now compare those numbers any other televised event or show

people are simply adapting with technology

live sports is coming close to the last must watch tv we got in that it’s improbable as hell to avoid results

nbc with the Phelps Beijing games was the last of that stupidity when they tried tape delay because of time deference

Gotcha on the yearly decrease. You guys don't feel there's a bit of an exception with the impacts of the pandemic play with this year?
yes and no. We kind of expected some help with the pandemic, unfortunately. Figured more people would be watching with vacations on hold.

If this were a "regular year." we'd be stressed out and probably looking at layoffs. But to go where we were at from April to July, we're pleased. We were airing old Yankees World Series games in NY because baseball wasn't going on! That was rough. So anything live is appreciated right now.

I feel that those who say that, weren't really fans in the first place and just say it to feel like they actually make a difference or something.

And everything I read was that the cable broadcasts or whatever are down slightly, but the ratings from the streaming services are up substantially., creating an overall increase in viewership.
streaming service advertisement dollars are no good though. Sure, viewership is up, but ad dollars are important, especially when you have a new NFL deal coming up. But we'll get through this and be even better.

now compare those numbers any other televised event or show

people are simply adapting with technology

live sports is coming close to the last must watch tv we got in that it’s improbable as hell to avoid results

nbc with the Phelps Beijing games was the last of that stupidity when they tried tape delay because of time deference
technology is for sure changing it big time. its probably why I'll be in another field in the next 3-4 years. I'm glad I don't work for a cable network. Those guys are getting hammered with the cord cutting. Local broadcast is still doing ok because you can cut the cord but still watch your local stations.

Everyone is adapting but at the end of the day, we need people to watch on an old fashion TV. Those digital dollars are not easy to get. We gotta work 3 times as hard to get it. F all that. I hate chasing digital money. A lot of advertisers are still too old school.

streaming service advertisement dollars are no good though. Sure, viewership is up, but ad dollars are important, especially when you have a new NFL deal coming up. But we'll get through this and be even better.

nfl money isn’t going anywhere

that just means less money for law and order and whatever cbs and abc is pushing

shows and viewership will be more specialized.. which means less room for certain programs to legit grow/ develop or hell even good programs just getting cut

be happy if a program you enjoy gets 3-4 years to complet, because that’s where we’re going.. but least you should get better actors because of short commitments

NBC is forced to show soccer games early as hell just to be live

rugby and soccer world cups have to be shown live.. ditto olympics

live sports rights and terms thereof is why aikman and all these dudes are getting paid.. while journalists and commentators are being cut all over the place

nfl money isn’t going anywhere

that just means less money for law and order and whatever cbs and abc is pushing

shows and viewership will be more specialized.. which means less room for certain programs to legit grow/ develop or hell even good programs just getting cut

be happy if a program you enjoy gets 3-4 years to complet, because that’s where we’re going.. but least you should get better actors because of short commitments
NFL money will absolutely go nowhere. People are going to overpay to get it. This next NFL TV rights deal is gonna be interesting. I think EVERYONE is gonna have a piece (Apple, Amazon, for example). Directv is gonna be screwed, but F them crooks.

NFL money will absolutely go nowhere. People are going to overpay to get it. This next NFL TV rights deal is gonna be interesting. I think EVERYONE is gonna have a piece (Apple, Amazon, for example). Directv is gonna be screwed, but F them crooks.

nfl going have nbc, cbs and disney all throwing huge money.. then amazon, apple, Disney and whoever else too

going be tv rights and streaming rights, money all over the place

nfl going have nbc, cbs and disney all throwing huge money.. then amazon, apple, Disney and whoever else too

going be tv rights and streaming rights, money all over the place
right now is a great time to be a stud high school junior/senior and college freshmen because these young dudes are gonna benefit big time. They'll laugh at Aaron Donalds contract in 7-8 years.

I predict Sunday Ticket will be widely available in the next contract.

I think it gets cut down even further, if nfl is smart

break it down by either teams or divisions.. Lower prices but higher volume on the whole

right now I have the option for $200 for everyone/everything.. but I would even think twice about paying $50 for just the eagles 16, which obviously is a hell of a lot less than every single game

I think it gets cut down even further, if nfl is smart

break it down by either teams or divisions.. Lower prices but higher volume on the whole

right now I have the option for $200 for everyone/everything.. but I would even think twice about paying $50 for just the eagles 16, which obviously is a hell of a lot less than every single game
this would favor the consumer too much, and we know the NFL isn't about that. They can't make it "a la carte." Need to force people to buy it all in order to maximize. You want the Eagles? Ok, but you gotta take the Panthers and Tennessee as well.

this would favor the consumer too much, and we know the NFL isn't about that. They can't make it "a la carte." Need to force people to buy it all in order to maximize. You want the Eagles? Ok, but you gotta take the Panthers and Tennessee as well.

just do the math.. I’m paying $50 for 16, hypothetically (and really it’s less since some of these games will fall into nationally televised games)

vs the standard price now for 512

and really it’s not 16, because you still have the national games.. that just gives you more national games to sell, while also having this special menu available

so you offer redzone for $50.. offer your team for $50-100.. offer everything for X.. and then you sell broadcasting rights to certain games to each cable network.. and streaming rights to a couple others

just do the math.. I’m paying $50 for 16, hypothetically

vs the standard price now for 512

and really it’s not 16, because you still have the national games.. that just gives you more national games to sell, while also having this special menu available

so you offer redzone for $50.. offer your team for $50-100.. offer everything for X.. and then you sell broadcasting rights to certain games to each cable network.. and streaming rights to a couple others
this works for teams like the Eagles, Giants, Cowboys, Raiders, Bears, to name a few. But there's not enough Titans, Cardinals, Texans, etc fans out of state to be able to make good money a la carte. Charge $300+ in one shot, knowing full well most subscribers won't maximize the NFL package (i.e. watching 4-6 games at once).

I would like to know what % of subscribers of Sunday Ticket who actually order it because they live in another state/city and can't get their teams games. Come to think of it, if i look at my top 10 friends, half of them actually order it because their teams are out of state. But that's because they are BA frontrunners when they became fans of their teams.

casper90403 casper90403 how are ratings down when reports are saying they're up for some games and weeks? Like last night's ratings are up. Obviously you're in that field so can explain some.

I feel like ratings are low because of streaming and cable cutting, not cause of MAGAs. So many of my boys ask me for streams all the time. I only have YouTubeTV because of my wife. If I was single, I wouldn't have ****. Prices going up year by year, **** that and **** them.

They've been saying for a few years the NFL ticket will be available every year after this deal is up.

this works for teams like the Eagles, Giants, Cowboys, Raiders, Bears, to name a few. But there's not enough Titans, Cardinals, Texans, etc fans out of state to be able to make good money a la carte. Charge $300+ in one shot, knowing full well most subscribers won't maximize the NFL package (i.e. watching 4-6 games at once).

I would like to know what % of subscribers of Sunday Ticket who actually order it because they live in another state/city and can't get their teams games. Come to think of it, if i look at my top 10 friends, half of them actually order it because their teams are out of state. But that's because they are BA frontrunners when they became fans of their teams.

you’re still getting that option.. and people will still pay

but really it’s giving you less while you pay more, theoretically

I pay my X for my teams 10 or wharever games, just to makes sure I can get all of those

but I’m paying for my cable providing to get access to whoever has the games out of cbs, abc, nbc, Fox, espn or whenever.. While paying for the streaming services which also give me access to couple other games

like while I was cutting my cable services and upgrading my internet from the same provider.. They gave me the nfl package which I was prepared to pay for just to make sure I could watch all eagles games

but I get games with basic cable and on amazon plus on couple extra channels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom