$56 for 2 movie tickets, is AMC out of their damn mind!?!?!?

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I always buy student tickets, but some places don't offer it at night.

The AMC around me is 4.75 all day Monday-Thursday. Can't be that at all, I just wait until the weekend is over to catch a new release.

Exactly. I went to the movies the other day where it's $10.50 for a ticket and thought it'd be around $7-$8 with a Student ID since it was the afternoon. Saw a sign that said Student Pricing was $8.50 and only on Wednesdays from 12-6.
tired.gif

$15 food cost? whats that cover a popcorn and small drink? movies got them rip off prices
30t6p3b.gif

$15 food cost? whats that cover a popcorn and small drink? movies got them rip off prices
30t6p3b.gif

movie prices making NJ look bad 
30t6p3b.gif
they still got that movie theater in bridgewater mall 
laugh.gif
?

movie prices making NJ look bad 
30t6p3b.gif
they still got that movie theater in bridgewater mall 
laugh.gif
?

I spent 100 at this theater here in Chicago its called icon and had a great time

Will I go again? yep will I go for every movie I want to see? $%*! no

I spent 100 at this theater here in Chicago its called icon and had a great time

Will I go again? yep will I go for every movie I want to see? $%*! no

Anyone seen this scam AMC is trying to pull by forcing you to buy food? I went to go see Tron last night night and looked online to see what times it was playing. As yall can clearly see on that link it says the tickets are $10 each (obviously 3d is extra). So we get there and the line is moving mad slow so we go to those self screens and try to buy the tickets there and I assume there was an error because for 2 tix it came up to $56. So we get back in line and they lady at the counter is like its the correct price, theres a $3 for 3d and $15 fee for food. So after about 5 mins she gets her manager and he waives the food cost. Its crap like this that makes u just wanna stay home and download it
30t6p3b.gif

C'mon son, I think it's worse when uninformed consumers 'cause up a $*@$@ storm just because they didn't know
30t6p3b.gif

Trying to get some sympathy and trying to make it sound as if you were walking into any ol' AMC.

I love going to the movies, and these new type of movie theatres are popping up including big name theaters like AMC and Regal.  The concept is cool and all, but it is expensive.

I just purchase my tickets at Costco or the Student Union for $8 (unrestricted
smokin.gif
).  Take my own candy, and maybe buy a Soda once in awhile.

The reason you are paying that much is for the service, you should've saw something was off when there was assigned seating as opposed to first come first served.

If I was in your shoes, I would've just taken the L for not knowing what I was doing as opposed to 'causing a fit w/ management that probably waived the food cost with a
eyes.gif

That waiter service sounds annoying too. Almost as bad as people at sporting events ordering stuff - something wrong with the concession stands?
You ever been to a sporting event?

You like waiting in concession stands as opposed to in your seat watching the game?  I don't know how it is where you live, but standing in a concession line is not fun and it is not quick either.

The only time I've experienced this service is at Laker/Kings/Clipper games and not having to leave your seat unless you have to relieve yourself is
smokin.gif

Either you didn't pay attention or they really tried to pull some #*##. Report them to bbb or call whatever investigative news team is.

He didn't pay attention.

It's clearly listed on their website, and possibly at the self checkout stand:

Fork & Screen[emoji]8482[/emoji] Experience Charge - $15 for shows starting at 4pm or later on Friday-Sunday or holiday periods. $10 for shows starting before 4pm Friday-Sunday, holiday periods and Monday – Thursday
Sometimes people don't take the L with grace though.

Anyone seen this scam AMC is trying to pull by forcing you to buy food? I went to go see Tron last night night and looked online to see what times it was playing. As yall can clearly see on that link it says the tickets are $10 each (obviously 3d is extra). So we get there and the line is moving mad slow so we go to those self screens and try to buy the tickets there and I assume there was an error because for 2 tix it came up to $56. So we get back in line and they lady at the counter is like its the correct price, theres a $3 for 3d and $15 fee for food. So after about 5 mins she gets her manager and he waives the food cost. Its crap like this that makes u just wanna stay home and download it
30t6p3b.gif

C'mon son, I think it's worse when uninformed consumers 'cause up a $*@$@ storm just because they didn't know
30t6p3b.gif

Trying to get some sympathy and trying to make it sound as if you were walking into any ol' AMC.

I love going to the movies, and these new type of movie theatres are popping up including big name theaters like AMC and Regal.  The concept is cool and all, but it is expensive.

I just purchase my tickets at Costco or the Student Union for $8 (unrestricted
smokin.gif
).  Take my own candy, and maybe buy a Soda once in awhile.

The reason you are paying that much is for the service, you should've saw something was off when there was assigned seating as opposed to first come first served.

If I was in your shoes, I would've just taken the L for not knowing what I was doing as opposed to 'causing a fit w/ management that probably waived the food cost with a
eyes.gif

That waiter service sounds annoying too. Almost as bad as people at sporting events ordering stuff - something wrong with the concession stands?

You like waiting in concession stands as opposed to in your seat watching the game?  I don't know how it is where you live, but standing in a concession line is not fun and it is not quick either.

The only time I've experienced this service is at Laker/Kings/Clipper games and not having to leave your seat unless you have to relieve yourself is
smokin.gif

Either you didn't pay attention or they really tried to pull some #*##. Report them to bbb or call whatever investigative news team is.

He didn't pay attention.

Fork & Screen[emoji]8482[/emoji] Experience Charge - $15 for shows starting at 4pm or later on Friday-Sunday or holiday periods. $10 for shows starting before 4pm Friday-Sunday, holiday periods and Monday – Thursday

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

30t6p3b.gif

smokin.gif

He didn't pay attention.

Didnt pay attention? Did u read the post? I said I went their based off the restaurant I went to not being too far from there and the showtimes on Fanango and no where on the site did it indicate that. I found that AMC link after I got home last night which is the only place it listed that food & fork crap.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

30t6p3b.gif

smokin.gif

He didn't pay attention.

Didnt pay attention? Did u read the post? I said I went their based off the restaurant I went to not being too far from there and the showtimes on Fanango and no where on the site did it indicate that. I found that AMC link after I got home last night which is the only place it listed that food & fork crap.

There's a place here in Vegas that after about a month a movie has been out, they show the movie and only charge $1 for the ticket.

There's a place here in Vegas that after about a month a movie has been out, they show the movie and only charge $1 for the ticket.

Originally Posted by thacapt

we got a similar place here. Tickets are $2 but on Tuesdays $1. except the movie theater is pretty low quality compared to others.

netflix ftw. don't remember the last time i went to the movies.

Originally Posted by thacapt

we got a similar place here. Tickets are $2 but on Tuesdays $1. except the movie theater is pretty low quality compared to others.

netflix ftw. don't remember the last time i went to the movies.

Back
Top Bottom