$56 for 2 movie tickets, is AMC out of their damn mind!?!?!?

Originally Posted by I FR3SH I

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo
Didnt pay attention? Did u read the post? I said I went their based off the restaurant I went to not being too far from there and the showtimes on Fanango and no where on the site did it indicate that. I found that AMC link after I got home last night which is the only place it listed that food & fork crap.
How is that AMC's fault though?  You didn't know it was a "Fork & Screen" theater, that's fine, it happens.  You bought the tickets, price came out to $56 "Oh %@%$!"  At that point (Note: this is what I would've done personally.), you either take the L and enjoy the movie, or go to guest relations and say: "You know, I'm sorry I didn't know this was a theatre that charged a service fee for concierge type service, can I get a refund?" and bounce.

I certainly wouldn't have complained, and got the fee waived and started a thread on NT complaining about it.

BTW- Get off Fandango and get on MovieTickets.com.  You would've avoided the situation entirely since MT.com tells you it's a "Fork & Screen" theater with extra charges for every movie listing, Fandango let you go out and look like a fool by just giving you the showtimes.

Originally Posted by I FR3SH I

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo
Didnt pay attention? Did u read the post? I said I went their based off the restaurant I went to not being too far from there and the showtimes on Fanango and no where on the site did it indicate that. I found that AMC link after I got home last night which is the only place it listed that food & fork crap.
How is that AMC's fault though?  You didn't know it was a "Fork & Screen" theater, that's fine, it happens.  You bought the tickets, price came out to $56 "Oh %@%$!"  At that point (Note: this is what I would've done personally.), you either take the L and enjoy the movie, or go to guest relations and say: "You know, I'm sorry I didn't know this was a theatre that charged a service fee for concierge type service, can I get a refund?" and bounce.

I certainly wouldn't have complained, and got the fee waived and started a thread on NT complaining about it.

BTW- Get off Fandango and get on MovieTickets.com.  You would've avoided the situation entirely since MT.com tells you it's a "Fork & Screen" theater with extra charges for every movie listing, Fandango let you go out and look like a fool by just giving you the showtimes.

Never heard of a movie theater that has waiters come in and assigned sitting thats crazy lol

I would have just went to a regular movie theater once i saw all that

BTW was Tron 3D even any good ??

Never heard of a movie theater that has waiters come in and assigned sitting thats crazy lol

I would have just went to a regular movie theater once i saw all that

BTW was Tron 3D even any good ??

Originally Posted by wanksta23

drive in movie theaters
pimp.gif

how is this?

does the going alone thing still work?
laugh.gif

That's insane

I've spent more than that at a movie before...they at least serve you meals and drinks though

That's insane

I've spent more than that at a movie before...they at least serve you meals and drinks though

It's called basic economics.

Bad economy = less people going to the theater aka lower demand
lower demand = lower revenue for theater
lower revenue for theater = theater doing whatever it has to in order to maintain profitability of their business

It's called basic economics.

Bad economy = less people going to the theater aka lower demand
lower demand = lower revenue for theater
lower revenue for theater = theater doing whatever it has to in order to maintain profitability of their business

Question about 3D movies. I still have my 3D Glasses from Bloody Valentine. When I buy tickets to a new 3D movie, do I HAVE to buy new glasses too?

Question about 3D movies. I still have my 3D Glasses from Bloody Valentine. When I buy tickets to a new 3D movie, do I HAVE to buy new glasses too?

you buy 3D glasses? here they give them to you. and then take them back because i take it they reuse them.

also, i get the 2 for 14.99 deal that costco has for AMC.

they have a deal for Edwards theaters too, but theater i go to is usually always AMC.

i also got hit with a 10 dollar charge at the bridge once. had that alcohol + ordering food thing. had leather seats too.

would have been fine if it wasnt 12-1am and their food and alcohol stand was closed
indifferent.gif
couldn't order anything yet they wanted me to pay.

The reason you are paying that much is for the service, you should've saw something was off when there was assigned seating as opposed to first come first served.

AMC i go to does assigned seating regardless of the movie. more theaters need to do this. %#%@ that first come first serve *+$$. hate having to be there an hour early because a movie is popular. complete waste of time.

you buy 3D glasses? here they give them to you. and then take them back because i take it they reuse them.

also, i get the 2 for 14.99 deal that costco has for AMC.

they have a deal for Edwards theaters too, but theater i go to is usually always AMC.

i also got hit with a 10 dollar charge at the bridge once. had that alcohol + ordering food thing. had leather seats too.

would have been fine if it wasnt 12-1am and their food and alcohol stand was closed
indifferent.gif
couldn't order anything yet they wanted me to pay.

The reason you are paying that much is for the service, you should've saw something was off when there was assigned seating as opposed to first come first served.

AMC i go to does assigned seating regardless of the movie. more theaters need to do this. %#%@ that first come first serve *+$$. hate having to be there an hour early because a movie is popular. complete waste of time.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

No the 3D glasses are free they give it to you when you buy the ticket you can keep them or put them in the recycle bin when you leave the movie so they can reuse it
At least thats how it is here in NYC

No the 3D glasses are free they give it to you when you buy the ticket you can keep them or put them in the recycle bin when you leave the movie so they can reuse it
At least thats how it is here in NYC

the glasses are "factored" in the cost of your ticket.
next time you go to a 3D movie, your ticket won't be discounted b/c you already have glasses from a previous movie

the glasses are "factored" in the cost of your ticket.
next time you go to a 3D movie, your ticket won't be discounted b/c you already have glasses from a previous movie

Invest in a badass HomeTheater system[media room]....never go to the movies again.

Back
Top Bottom