Air Jordan XXXVI (36) first info…

Rui Hachimura today. First I thought it was one of the 35s, because of the colorblocking. Still could be but I couldn't find a direct matchup and he has only been wearing the 36s since he started practicing and playing again.

rui36s.JPG
rui35s.JPG

The bottom of the sole is colored, maybe a dark lavender or that colored pattern sole they sometimes use. I think it's the 36s because you can kind of see that sheath thing.

You can also get hints of a blueish purple on the toe, which feels like the 35 color blocking.

rui36s2.JPG

My bad for the Zapruder shots.

They closely resemble these, which Jason Tatum wore first on December 1st and in a few other games since, but I don't think it's that exact pair because of what looks like blue on the toe (and I don't think it's reflections from the court). Also there just seems to be a lot more coral and color on the collar of Ruis shoes.

tatum.png

So what are they. 35s? 36s? Something else? My fault if it's obvious, I missed a few weeks of looking.
Depends on what pic you look at...hard to say for sure but my guess would be the 36. If I go with the first one I'm under the impression we can see a dark colored patch at the heel right above the midsole that is reminiscent of the back of the Psychic Energy color blocking.

They look like they got a pull tab too at the rear and while the pic could be misleading, it looks to me as if the ankle collar has the shape of the 36: slanting towards the rear.

Last edited:
:lol:

Glad I could bring the nostalgia back.

They're definitely 36s. They're new.

1642634943237.png

Look like highs, and looks like he's wearing em tonight. They're ugly as sin though, so that's the beginning and end of the inquiry. Only thing left is when the ugly things show up on the news sites or the JB PE Watch tweet. I assume there's a chance some meaning or storytelling is in them. But unless there's some hidden details that don't come off unless you can see them in hq, they look pretty shabby.

You guys are killing me keep talking about the lows.

The lows are probably an inch lower than the highs!

1642727972857.jpeg

1642727992673.jpeg

1642728049301.gif
No doubt the height isn’t going to much of a difference. Other parts of the shoes are slightly different - not just ankle collar height. I like the looks better of the lows and like the colorways we’ve seen this far. I’m excited to get a pair in hand. I’m also excited to get infrared mids. Just bring on dope pairs of the 36…

No doubt the height isn’t going to much of a difference. Other parts of the shoes are slightly different - not just ankle collar height. I like the looks better of the lows and like the colorways we’ve seen this far. I’m excited to get a pair in hand. I’m also excited to get infrared mids. Just bring on dope pairs of the 36…

I hear ya, some people just like lows more and they sometimes make you feel faster on the court. It’s might be mental but it’s there.

Oh and how could I forget, most like lows more for casual wear!

I hear ya, some people just like lows more and they sometimes make you feel faster on the court. It’s might be mental but it’s there.

Oh and how could I forget, most like lows more for casual wear!
there is a partial truth to that. the feeling of being faster could be true in a sense that there is a lot more freedom of movement and less constriction to your ankles that enables a person to move without hindrance. however, with regards to something like the 36 mids and lows, I believe the difference is slightly subtle due to the 36's material construct and height difference. thirdly, personal preference makes them more comfortable for the player that's wearing them. now if the comparison is between something like a real high top and low top, I would believe the difference between speed, agility, etc... would be noticeable.

Back
Top Bottom