Air Jordan XXXVI (36) first info…

Rui Hachimura. ....nah. They are stickin dude with the worst colorways of the bunch.

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/the-sneakers-worn-by-rui-hachimura-of-the-washington-wizards-before-picture-id1237888864?s=2048x2048

So this may or may not be a popular opinion, but as an owner of the Luka 36 PE (see avi), and owner of both the Luka 35 PE and the white/black/red 35 mid, I feel like I have some perspective.

I think the 36s are a bit of a downgrade compared to its predecessor. I haven't balled in my 36s, but I have worn them extensively and can confidently say they do not feel or fit as good as the 35s (both low+mid). They feel a bit narrow in the forefoot. They don't feel as secure/locked down either. This is still a pretty good shoe overall, but comparing to the 35 it falls short.

Lastly, as a Mavs/Luka fan, while I'm disappointed he has yet to wear these in-game (he did wear them on Media Day), I somewhat understand. The 35s feel like a superior shoe. The 35 lows are great and I can see why it's been Luka's most consistent pair.

So this may or may not be a popular opinion, but as an owner of the Luka 36 PE (see avi), and owner of both the Luka 35 PE and the white/black/red 35 mid, I feel like I have some perspective.

I think the 36s are a bit of a downgrade compared to its predecessor. I haven't balled in my 36s, but I have worn them extensively and can confidently say they do not feel or fit as good as the 35s (both low+mid). They feel a bit narrow in the forefoot. They don't feel as secure/locked down either. This is still a pretty good shoe overall, but comparing to the 35 it falls short.

Lastly, as a Mavs/Luka fan, while I'm disappointed he has yet to wear these in-game (he did wear them on Media Day), I somewhat understand. The 35s feel like a superior shoe. The 35 lows are great and I can see why it's been Luka's most consistent pair.

Thanks for the info.

Fellow Mavs fan here, we winning a round this year?

I agree 100%. At first I loved the 36s, but the minimalist upper was a shame for how incredible the cushioning setup is. And the protruding zoom unit in the forefoot gets more noticeable when you wear them over time, and once the outsole breaks in. I’ve been hooping in my 35s more than the 36s lately because it just feels more secure and stable (to me)

I have the 34SE and 36. had the 35 for a brief moment before returning them. I'm sure the 35 are a great shoe aesthetically and have a great cushion. if not for the defect on the 35 that messed up my foot, it might have been a fantastic shoe. the 35 felt snugged and secured indeed compared to the 36 although the 36 fit is fine to me as well. I believe it has to do more of a preference than either 3 shoes better than the other. for me, I'm liking the 36 best due to it's ride. very comfortable and felt like walking on cloud while being low to the ground. felt really light and the transition is really nice. if I would rank the 3 shoes in terms of preference, I would rank them 36, 35 then the 34. eventhough the ears on the 35 are a bad design, I would still rank it higher due to the cushion performance compared to the 34SE. the 34SE though is beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom