Air Jordan XXXVI (36) first info…

I was with you until you said glorified Hyperdunks. :rolleyes
Okay maybe that was a bit harsh. Hyperdunks aren't bad though, Nike/JB choose non-signature athletes to be the face of Hyperdunks/Jordans as a way to assess their star power before giving them signature models. PG and Kyrie were the face of the Hyperdunk 2015 and HyperRev before they got their sigs, Russ and Dwade were the face of multiple Jordan flagships. A failed example would be Blake Griffin who was the face of the HD 2011 and multiple JB SuperFlys, but never caught fire and got a sig line.

Okay maybe that was a bit harsh. Hyperdunks aren't bad though, Nike/JB choose non-signature athletes to be the face of Hyperdunks/Jordans as a way to assess their star power before giving them signature models. PG and Kyrie were the face of the Hyperdunk 2015 and HyperRev before they got their sigs, Russ and Dwade were the face of multiple Jordan flagships. A failed example would be Blake Griffin who was the face of the HD 2011 and multiple JB SuperFlys, but never caught fire and got a sig line.

I’m specifically talking about the technology in the shoes. The Jordan signature she is levels better than a Hyperdunks shoe.

Regarding the athletes wearing them, you’re probably right.

No they won't. Two, three years from now it'll be like they never existed. Just like all the recent Air Jordans LOL

You’re kinda right, but that’s the fate of most shoes nowadays. It’s hot for a minute, a month or a year.

Then it’s on to the next.

The people who liked them will still like them, but it won’t be highly coveted or expensive anymore.

I’m specifically talking about the technology in the shoes. The Jordan signature she is levels better than a Hyperdunks shoe.

Regarding the athletes wearing them, you’re probably right.
Oh for sure, no denying that. JB was using unlocked zoom when Nike couldn't even give us full length Lunar in the HD 2012 to 2014, and that's not even mentioning Performance Woven vs. the mesh/fuse. Regardless of who's wearing them and who has a sig or not, this is MJ's shoe legacy, so JB has to pull all the stops in the tech department whereas Nike has/had multiple guys like LeBron/Kobe/KD to give the better tech.

^along that line of thought, lately the tables flipped. The annual game shoe is not getting the best out there…exhibit 1: Zoom GTs…insane amount of tech pumped into a non-sig shoe that’ll be completely forgotten next season. All because the Nike Basketball lab…can? I don’t understand it. These could have been used as the 37s, scary similar symmetry, height, midsole points, and the tech specs are insane, imagine the themes on this silhouette… WHAT. A. WASTE.
A26D650C-D3EA-4CAA-AFB2-4653130A4DEE.jpeg
D174439F-D24C-47CB-9061-0F467A98C237.jpeg
F0A78F8A-BBAD-4F66-BC78-ABE09E4AFA8C.png
23A3EA41-0221-4737-8001-02E365A6F916.png

Last edited:
^along that line of thought, lately the tables flipped. The annual game shoe is not getting the best out there…exhibit 1: Zoom GTs…insane amount of tech pumped into a non-sig shoe that’ll be completely forgotten next season. All because the Nike Basketball lab…can? I don’t understand it. These could have been used as the 37s, scary similar symmetry and the tech specs are insane. WHAT. A. WASTE.
I will slightly disagree that the best tech out there isn’t always the best for everyone. The AJ year model is aimed for all positions (hence my Hyperdunk reference), while the GT line is three shoes for three different play styles. However, if we’re talking about the Jumps outperforming LeBrons (made for a big) or the Cuts outperforming Kyries/PGs (guard shoes) then I’m 100% with you that they dropped the ball on sigs.

^along that line of thought, lately the tables flipped. The annual game shoe is not getting the best out there…exhibit 1: Zoom GTs…insane amount of tech pumped into a non-sig shoe that’ll be completely forgotten next season. All because the Nike Basketball lab…can? I don’t understand it. These could have been used as the 37s, scary similar symmetry and the tech specs are insane. WHAT. A. WASTE.

That Zoom

1639855179728.gif

The color might be too much but is it really “Ugly” though?

1639856482716.jpeg

1639856500541.jpeg

1639856527317.jpeg
it is not ugly. it is FUGLY !!!
the Jumps tech made it a favorite of mine of the 3 GTs when the teaser silhouette was shown. I was completely disappointed when the final product came out. just look at those dirty fuse reinforcements and stitching on the lace support structure. also the middle cut stitching from the toebox to the tongue made it look like an unfinished product. tech specs look superb, but the aesthetics is just despicable that even budget shoes looks better than it. I'd rather have another pair of 36.

Know of been Waiting on the black and red 36 does anyone have a confirmed release date he stayed yet or did I miss him completely?
Nope. Nobody knows anything because of the shipping/container issues. We got official pics so thats good, but they dropped off (2) release calendars weeks or months ago. They were on dtlr for a while and fnl release calendars for a few days. Nothing now. Only adult size release on any release site at all, retailer or sneakerhead, is the bayou boys on J23. As far as I’ve seen. Its looking like a check back mid January situation.

it is not ugly. it is FUGLY !!!
the Jumps tech made it a favorite of mine of the 3 GTs when the teaser silhouette was shown. I was completely disappointed when the final product came out. just look at those dirty fuse reinforcements and stitching on the lace support structure. also the middle cut stitching from the toebox to the tongue made it look like an unfinished product. tech specs look superb, but the aesthetics is just despicable that even budget shoes looks better than it. I'd rather have another pair of 36.

They look like older Hyperdunks with an updated midsole, far from “Fugly”. But you’re entitled to your opinion.

They look like older Hyperdunks with an updated midsole, far from “Fugly”. But you’re entitled to your opinion.
speaking of hyperdunks, I never liked them. also, which hyperdunks specifically were you referrin? as far as I can remember, the hyperdunks looks clean compared than the Jumps aesthetics.

I might have agreed if the colorway was like this.... but the actual product is worse than the teaser.

Attachments

• nike-basketball-greater-than-GT-Jump-Tech-Sheets_native_1600.jpg
    nike-basketball-greater-than-GT-Jump-Tech-Sheets_native_1600.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 67
speaking of hyperdunks, I never liked them. also, which hyperdunks specifically were you referrin? as far as I can remember, the hyperdunks looks clean compared than the Jumps aesthetics.

I might have agreed if the colorway was like this.... but the actual product is worse than the teaser.

Just the silhouette.

1639938996548.png

1639939047192.jpeg

With the release of nike's spring retro jordan lineup as well as release of corporate earnings, I hope this signals the return of press releases for upcoming products and getting back to normal. In the unofficial transcript of the earnings call there's this:

"Serena joined us on campus a few months back to help open the Serena Williams Building at our World Headquarters. Along with our LeBron James Innovation Center, these two buildings represent the most remarkable investment in sport innovation in the world. We were also thrilled to see the Jordan Brand launch the AJ36. The AJ36 is NIKE Inc.’s first shoe using leno-weave, a process that creates material that is uniquely strong, lightweight and adaptable to all foot shapes ... making the AJ36 one of the lightest Air Jordans ever. Consumers can expect to see us iterate on this innovation in future seasons."​

So it looks like the 37 will have some form of leno-weave as well. Not looking forward to that as I do enjoy light shoes but I'm over the whole Waffle One, John ElliottxLebron see through thing.

Back
Top Bottom