Another look at how good sea glow works on XI bottoms

seaglow also can make the AJXI sole fall off
smh.gif

sick.gif

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

smh.gif

sick.gif

If the carbon fiber plate sits in the sun too long, the plate heats up and melts the glue. That's why it "falls off". Try putting a wet paper towel and sitting it over the carbon fiber to prevent it from heating up so much.If it does separate, take it out the sun and use something to clamp it down to let the glue re-dry and you'll be good. Rubber bands seem to do good enough.

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

smh.gif

sick.gif

If the carbon fiber plate sits in the sun too long, the plate heats up and melts the glue. That's why it "falls off". Try putting a wet paper towel and sitting it over the carbon fiber to prevent it from heating up so much.If it does separate, take it out the sun and use something to clamp it down to let the glue re-dry and you'll be good. Rubber bands seem to do good enough.

Originally Posted by Daver

Originally Posted by Bruggs58

So silken seal is for vinyl and the XI soles are not vinyl, and I have tried soap and water repeatedly. So we can pretty much say there is no cure for the greasy sticky feeling after seaglow?

Are you neutralizing it with water after? Then completely drying it off?
Yeah I wash with Dawn and water and then dry the whole thing.  They are sticky as hell

Originally Posted by Daver

Originally Posted by Bruggs58

So silken seal is for vinyl and the XI soles are not vinyl, and I have tried soap and water repeatedly. So we can pretty much say there is no cure for the greasy sticky feeling after seaglow?

Are you neutralizing it with water after? Then completely drying it off?
Yeah I wash with Dawn and water and then dry the whole thing.  They are sticky as hell

That's weird. Try using water only then dry it off. I only heard of that soap and water method, never tried it. I use water only to neutralize the seaglow and see if that helps. Stickiness don't bother me, but the squeaking when walking on certain floors do. Lol.

That's weird. Try using water only then dry it off. I only heard of that soap and water method, never tried it. I use water only to neutralize the seaglow and see if that helps. Stickiness don't bother me, but the squeaking when walking on certain floors do. Lol.

it is all very time consuming
and it doesn't make em look brand new,
i think sea glow leaves what i would call
a greasy look to the surface

would only use on the amber discoloring
not on the lemonade

it is all very time consuming
and it doesn't make em look brand new,
i think sea glow leaves what i would call
a greasy look to the surface

would only use on the amber discoloring
not on the lemonade

This post really did send me back in time.. Its been a while since ive posted but SeaGlow actually ruined my Columbia XI's... Im out in AZ and I applied it during the summer and didnt think anything of it.. So just be careful..

This post really did send me back in time.. Its been a while since ive posted but SeaGlow actually ruined my Columbia XI's... Im out in AZ and I applied it during the summer and didnt think anything of it.. So just be careful..

here are some before and afters this stuff reall works great.
pimp.gif

looks alot better in person, that was after 3 coats.
eek.gif

here are some before and afters this stuff reall works great.
pimp.gif

looks alot better in person, that was after 3 coats.
eek.gif

I know that people have been doing for about 4-5 years now, but I'm amazed at how this stuff works, considering doing it myself if I get off my lazy tip. *Side-note* How does this stuff fare on DS soles? If the results are good, why hasn't Brand Jordan got the hint and added this within the production process since they inflated the price of most retros?

I know that people have been doing for about 4-5 years now, but I'm amazed at how this stuff works, considering doing it myself if I get off my lazy tip. *Side-note* How does this stuff fare on DS soles? If the results are good, why hasn't Brand Jordan got the hint and added this within the production process since they inflated the price of most retros?

Back
Top Bottom