Any Body Here Still Use Their Blackberry?

As an "all around" device iOS and Android phones are hard to beat-the hardware, apps, browsers are way better than BlackBerry.
For communication purposes the BlackBerry can't be beat. Push email, BBM, physical keyboard, ease of use, excellent phone reception...this is why BlackBerry is still the leader in enterprise market share.

IMO, the BlackBerry OS and form factor of the devices isn't really the problem- it's the lack of power compared to the iPhone and Android phones. If RIM could find a way to shove a 1Ghz processor, higher res screens and cameras in and not sacrifice battery life, while at the same time tweaking the OS to allow it to run apps comparable to iOS and Android, it would keep BB's competitive in the consumer market. Not everyone wants a touchscreen phone.

BBM

And yes I've had the iPhone & messed with the girl's Droid. Cannot find a good excuse to get rid of my Torch for daily use and 9700 for work. Eh

BBM

And yes I've had the iPhone & messed with the girl's Droid. Cannot find a good excuse to get rid of my Torch for daily use and 9700 for work. Eh

Originally Posted by ToLiveandDieinNJ

I have an OG Storm, just waiting on the word tomorrow, to make my next move, either IPhone or HTC Thunderbolt.

where I am. got the storm hate it.

Originally Posted by ToLiveandDieinNJ

I have an OG Storm, just waiting on the word tomorrow, to make my next move, either IPhone or HTC Thunderbolt.

where I am. got the storm hate it.

Originally Posted by Dame Theory

Question for iphone users that have used the BlackBerry for an extended time....What about it do you like so much more than the Blackberry?
Ios is IMO the smoothest operating system, and the interface of the Iphone cannot be matched in regards to simplicity. Not to mention several useful apps (not games) that can be loaded onto the iphone, as well as the 32GB storage space, which is a big plus. I am not a texter so a phsical keyboard isn't a biggie for me, I can check my email when I get home, not to mention the fact that I have a mac, so the syncing is so much smoother for me. 

Originally Posted by Dame Theory

Question for iphone users that have used the BlackBerry for an extended time....What about it do you like so much more than the Blackberry?
Ios is IMO the smoothest operating system, and the interface of the Iphone cannot be matched in regards to simplicity. Not to mention several useful apps (not games) that can be loaded onto the iphone, as well as the 32GB storage space, which is a big plus. I am not a texter so a phsical keyboard isn't a biggie for me, I can check my email when I get home, not to mention the fact that I have a mac, so the syncing is so much smoother for me. 

I`m surprised they didnot release a new BB Storm, that is 4in screen front and rear cam, full touch running OS 6. smh it would only make sense. Oh and Blackberry if you're reading this I have this patented lol

I`m surprised they didnot release a new BB Storm, that is 4in screen front and rear cam, full touch running OS 6. smh it would only make sense. Oh and Blackberry if you're reading this I have this patented lol

I see alot of people like/dislike the torch 9800.......................does anybody have a 9780? How does that compare to the torch?

I see alot of people like/dislike the torch 9800.......................does anybody have a 9780? How does that compare to the torch?

I got the 9780 the day it came out--was desperate for a replacement for my 8900 because it began to malfunction. I am thoroughly satisfied by it. It looks cool, has all the functionality I can ask for. The camera is good, the flash is good--iPhone 4's flash has a tendency to make people look really orange. The OS6 runs smoothly and makes things simple. Not to mention the new browser makes things a lot better compared to my previous BB.

A LOT of my friends have switched to iPhones, but I'm still preferring BB. I can type perfect text messages/emails without looking down at my BB with ease. My friends with iPhones--that I know of--cannot say the same.

Until they were to make an upgrade from the 9780 with a front-facing camera for FaceTime (or something comparable), I have no reason to switch phones.

I got the 9780 the day it came out--was desperate for a replacement for my 8900 because it began to malfunction. I am thoroughly satisfied by it. It looks cool, has all the functionality I can ask for. The camera is good, the flash is good--iPhone 4's flash has a tendency to make people look really orange. The OS6 runs smoothly and makes things simple. Not to mention the new browser makes things a lot better compared to my previous BB.

A LOT of my friends have switched to iPhones, but I'm still preferring BB. I can type perfect text messages/emails without looking down at my BB with ease. My friends with iPhones--that I know of--cannot say the same.

Until they were to make an upgrade from the 9780 with a front-facing camera for FaceTime (or something comparable), I have no reason to switch phones.

I played with the Torch and thought it was trash and this is when I still had my Tilt, which was pretty functional but I guess you can contribute a lot of that to XDA. OS 6 really seemed to be surface deep, BB was really trying to target the younger market but when they start using the OS that's used in the PlayBook for their phones, things will look better for them. As for email, BB has always had a good reputation but Gmail on Android is great, I would like to hear someone who had a BB and now has Android compare the two.
But BB needs to get it together, having put out a new Storm would have showed that they are still relevant, the Torch didn't exactly make that statement. And that flip phone, YIKES!
laugh.gif
I remember in a interview of the summer with one of the CEO's, dude was talking out of his +$$ and really seemed uncertain about the future of BB...I'll look for the link later.....but I guess at the end of the day it really comes down to what you need a phone for.

I played with the Torch and thought it was trash and this is when I still had my Tilt, which was pretty functional but I guess you can contribute a lot of that to XDA. OS 6 really seemed to be surface deep, BB was really trying to target the younger market but when they start using the OS that's used in the PlayBook for their phones, things will look better for them. As for email, BB has always had a good reputation but Gmail on Android is great, I would like to hear someone who had a BB and now has Android compare the two.
But BB needs to get it together, having put out a new Storm would have showed that they are still relevant, the Torch didn't exactly make that statement. And that flip phone, YIKES!
laugh.gif
I remember in a interview of the summer with one of the CEO's, dude was talking out of his +$$ and really seemed uncertain about the future of BB...I'll look for the link later.....but I guess at the end of the day it really comes down to what you need a phone for.

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

I looked up a few videos of the 9780 and I'm impressed.....was thinking of picking one up.

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

I looked up a few videos of the 9780 and I'm impressed.....was thinking of picking one up.

If RIM would try to keep up I wouldn't have left. That hourglass when trying to do anything from making a call (on my ancient 8830) to playing a video on my newer ones (Tour and Bold). I don't need BBM that bad. iPhone 4 for now.

If RIM would try to keep up I wouldn't have left. That hourglass when trying to do anything from making a call (on my ancient 8830) to playing a video on my newer ones (Tour and Bold). I don't need BBM that bad. iPhone 4 for now.

Is BBM free with the BB? Do you have to have a data plan for it or is it like texting?

Is BBM free with the BB? Do you have to have a data plan for it or is it like texting?

Back
Top Bottom