Any Body Here Still Use Their Blackberry?

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Im sorr, 60FPS? (Posting from bb torch btw)
60 frames per second sir.

and da difference btw BBM & something as powerful as processing 3D polygons @ 60 frames per second is like comparing Fred Flintstone's whip to Batman's whip.

especially when one is dependent on users utilizing its services VS natural technological evolution.....its really only a matter of time before da card get folded for da

folks at RIM....

their BEST bet is stop being stubborn, abandon their weak software division, and adopt android as their main OS and concentration on beefing up their hardware.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

and da difference btw BBM & something as powerful as processing 3D polygons @ 60 frames per second is like comparing Fred Flintstone's whip to Batman's whip.

especially when one is dependent on users utilizing its services VS natural technological evolution.....its really only a matter of time before da card get folded for da

folks at RIM....

their BEST bet is stop being stubborn, abandon their weak software division, and adopt android as their main OS and concentration on beefing up their hardware.

adopting android is the absolute DUMBEST move RIM can do. in the long run, phone manufacturers are going to hate the fact that they share the same OS as their competitors. nowadays, you can't even tell the difference between all of the android phones. droid 2, droid x, droid incredible, samsung galaxy, what's the difference between all these? they all offer the same thing so there's no good reason to pick one over the other.

if you have your own hardware and your own OS, it gives people a reason to try something different. otherwise it doesn't matter if you get a motorola phone or a samsung phone, you're essentially getting the same thing. RIM knows what they're doing, and no one but google wins when android gains popularity.

folks at RIM....

adopting android is the absolute DUMBEST move RIM can do. in the long run, phone manufacturers are going to hate the fact that they share the same OS as their competitors. nowadays, you can't even tell the difference between all of the android phones. droid 2, droid x, droid incredible, samsung galaxy, what's the difference between all these? they all offer the same thing so there's no good reason to pick one over the other.

if you have your own hardware and your own OS, it gives people a reason to try something different. otherwise it doesn't matter if you get a motorola phone or a samsung phone, you're essentially getting the same thing. RIM knows what they're doing, and no one but google wins when android gains popularity.

BlackBerry is for all intents and purposes the LAST of phones with GREAT keyboards and an EXCELLENT model

People hate on it, and I've been tempted by the iphone, but making the transition is SUPER tough because at the end of the day, its a reliable phone that I really don't have problems with. It does everything I want, but I see others doing some other things and it makes you wonder if you can join the party. I've got a 9650 Bold on VZW and I love it. Its always working. I have no REASON to leave except that I just want to see a different experience.

BlackBerry is for all intents and purposes the LAST of phones with GREAT keyboards and an EXCELLENT model

People hate on it, and I've been tempted by the iphone, but making the transition is SUPER tough because at the end of the day, its a reliable phone that I really don't have problems with. It does everything I want, but I see others doing some other things and it makes you wonder if you can join the party. I've got a 9650 Bold on VZW and I love it. Its always working. I have no REASON to leave except that I just want to see a different experience.

All those apps and fancy stuff on your phone gets old after like a month to me. I mean, to know I can watch a movie on my phone is cool...but I never will.

I just need email, text (or BBM), something to type into (Word, Memo, Notes etc.) and clear calls. There's really nothing else I do on my phone.

I've had all those "cool" phones. Just got a BB and I like it way more.

All those apps and fancy stuff on your phone gets old after like a month to me. I mean, to know I can watch a movie on my phone is cool...but I never will.

I just need email, text (or BBM), something to type into (Word, Memo, Notes etc.) and clear calls. There's really nothing else I do on my phone.

Originally Posted by JR Paperstacks

This..........

Originally Posted by JR Paperstacks

This..........

Originally Posted by recycledpaper

folks at RIM....

car companies share platforms ALL da time so that they can concentrate on what makes them a asset and beef up their specialized attributes...

we ALL know da blackberry OS is PAINFULLY out of date, its literally a living fossil in da tech world...there's no way at this point they're gonna make something as intuitive as

da android's fluid rapidly updating OS....da trump card they do have is having da best keyboards (since sidekicks no longer count..they had da crown) and BBM..so at this

point are you going to have to take a step back to take 2 steps forward..they NEED to beef up their hardware in da worse way.

Originally Posted by recycledpaper

folks at RIM....

car companies share platforms ALL da time so that they can concentrate on what makes them a asset and beef up their specialized attributes...

we ALL know da blackberry OS is PAINFULLY out of date, its literally a living fossil in da tech world...there's no way at this point they're gonna make something as intuitive as

da android's fluid rapidly updating OS....da trump card they do have is having da best keyboards (since sidekicks no longer count..they had da crown) and BBM..so at this

point are you going to have to take a step back to take 2 steps forward..they NEED to beef up their hardware in da worse way.

^
OS terribly outdated? Coming from a guy who praised SK's? 
laugh.gif

The Bberry OS does what it needs to do and does it the best. You really cant have a better phone for texting, talking, emails and its reliable. The basics. Not to mention these things are made like tanks.

Blackberry + iTouch combo. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

^
laugh.gif

The Bberry OS does what it needs to do and does it the best. You really cant have a better phone for texting, talking, emails and its reliable. The basics. Not to mention these things are made like tanks.

Blackberry + iPad combo. 
pimp.gif
Fixed
pimp.gif

^
laugh.gif

Blackberry + iPad combo. 
pimp.gif
Fixed
pimp.gif

I have often gone on the record to bash RIM, but I just don't see the argument anymore on how this company with its current approach will survive. Since I work in IT and currently have to adjust to the corporate shift to mobile computing, I see the usage of  RIM product fading and fading fast. Do people not realize that smartphones are not limited anymore, these things are the computers of the future. I have sat through lectures and classes on how the enterprising aspect of Android and iOS are creating a whole new world to access the largest WAN in the world. While I understand people will love RIM for ushering in the age of the smartphones if they stay on this path, they will be doomed. Sorry for the rambling.

Here are a few articles that are worth the read from Newsweek...

Android Invasion

[h1]Blackberry Inventor Sees More Growth Opportunity[/h1]

I have often gone on the record to bash RIM, but I just don't see the argument anymore on how this company with its current approach will survive. Since I work in IT and currently have to adjust to the corporate shift to mobile computing, I see the usage of  RIM product fading and fading fast. Do people not realize that smartphones are not limited anymore, these things are the computers of the future. I have sat through lectures and classes on how the enterprising aspect of Android and iOS are creating a whole new world to access the largest WAN in the world. While I understand people will love RIM for ushering in the age of the smartphones if they stay on this path, they will be doomed. Sorry for the rambling.

Here are a few articles that are worth the read from Newsweek...

Android Invasion

[h1]Blackberry Inventor Sees More Growth Opportunity[/h1]

^
laugh.gif
sidekicks died because they stopped evolving....yet you think RIM is gonna survive by acting da same?
laugh.gif
ok....

^
laugh.gif
sidekicks died because they stopped evolving....yet you think RIM is gonna survive by acting da same?
laugh.gif
ok....

^
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
ok....
RIM has the business world all over their phones.
The SK had teenie boppers as its only supporters.

I dont think RIM is going anywhere anytime soon. 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom