Asics Love?!? Where is it?

What all is necessary to validate student discount?  I have a .edu address but do they expect more than that?
nothing.. Just asked if I could use my student discount and he honored it.. But make sure to check your order confirmation. They didn't apply it to my order but they fixed it without giving me a hard time. 

I find those numbers hard to believe. But that's ridiculous if that's true. A big company like J. Crew shouldn't have to do such small runs of shoes.

A lot of collaborations run smaller production numbers even for big stores like J.Crew.

Just be thankful they are cranking out more pairs compared to a few years ago when asics collaborations were made at much lower quantities per size.

I am not saying these production numbers are correct but if they were I would not be incredibly surprised.

You can add 9 pairs of size 13 with no problem. These shoes are in every pic on their site. They're not making 20 pairs of a size run. 

Last edited:

You can add 9 pairs of size 13 with no problem. These shoes are in every pic on their site. They're not making 20 pairs of a size run. 
Jcrew website is not known for their inventory matching what they actually have to ship out to customers.  I have had order rejections due to product stock after placing an order and getting email confirmation.

Last edited:
Picked up the blues earlier today via phone order.. then I came across the post recommending the student discount. Called back and got it honored.. BIG THANKS!! Saved $30!

I find those numbers hard to believe. But that's ridiculous if that's true. A big company like J. Crew shouldn't have to do such small runs of shoes.
It's their first asics collab probably just testing the water. Also don't listen to a j crew rep most of them have no idea what they're talking about.

Last edited:

i hope the j crew's have collab materials.  idk if they will at that price point.  we shall see..
J Crew uses the best quality on all of their shoes....trust me these dudes don't know what they are talking about, I guarantee the suede is buttery as ever. I have some of their NB collabs and material is the best i've seen

Picked up the blues earlier today via phone order.. then I came across the post recommending the student discount. Called back and got it honored.. BIG THANKS!! Saved $30!
Glad yall are using the discount! 
Anyway to order online and get student discount?
dont think there is but you could try ordering it and call them about the student discount afterward. They might honor the discount for you.

Glad yall are using the discount! 

dont think there is but you could try ordering it and call them about the student discount afterward. They might honor the discount for you.

I was told if you buy online and take to a j crew store they may honor it. It's all up to the manager/stylists discretion

Last edited:
Huge fan of the Bait/Nippon collab but the Misfits were trash.  Huge Giants fan too, that may have turned me off of them forever.

I find the 20 or 70 per size extremely hard to believe. I mean, why would they accept pre orders on a pair that is so limited? 70 per size is around 1000 total. Thats half of what the 25th anny collabs have been pumping out. Seems doubtful. I may regret passing for now but o well. 

J Crew uses the best quality on all of their shoes....trust me these dudes don't know what they are talking about, I guarantee the suede is buttery as ever. I have some of their NB collabs and material is the best i've seen
that's true because NB collab materials are the same quality as their GRs.. pig skin suede, whatnot.  talking about the US made stuff.  but asics GRs are all synthetic, so i'm not putting my hopes too high on the materials. 

At JCrew now the quality on the Asics are pretty good/great especially the lining and for the price glad u preordered I was I little skeptical

Ha sold out of size 11. Hoping for a restock. Should have pre ordered to guarantee my pair. Whatever been that kind of week and it's only Tuesday.

Back
Top Bottom