BREAKING NEWS: Michael Vick is officially a free man

When you guys can bring up a legit incident of an athlete fighting and killing dogs to compare to Vick's incident, go ahead and use it in your argument.

Other than that, these "if _____ did it, it wouldn't be that big of a deal" statements mean nothing.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by 75 Partly Cloudy

Nobody (aka most Americans) wants to see a young black guy come out of prison right into their living rooms making $4million dollars.

smh.gif
There is NO NEED to play the race card here. Black, mulatto, red clay like Gumbys horse, it's a terrible act the Dbag committed.

Don't stoop so low and play that card. You're better than that IMHO

Some things are just true. It might hurt but its true. I don't even know what a "race card" is nor have I ever used one.

Its the world we live in. Sorry.

What he did was wrong, dumb etc but not letting him continue to play football for the little window of time in life he can be at his physical best is crazy.

Football has no rule saying if you gamble and kill dogs you can no longer be apart of the sport.

Same reason why people still cheer for baseball players that take steroids that werent even banned till recently. You know that since your a Manny/Dodger fan.

We are all apart of the same hypocrisy.

When you guys can bring up a legit incident of an athlete fighting and killing dogs to compare to Vick's incident, go ahead and use it in your argument.

Other than that, these "if _____ did it, it wouldn't be that big of a deal" statements mean nothing.

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

Originally Posted by LifeLessons

Nobody (aka most Americans) wants to see a young black guy come out of prison right into their living rooms making $4million dollars.

smh.gif
There is NO NEED to play the race card here. Black, mulatto, red clay like Gumbys horse, it's a terrible act the Dbag committed.

you crazy if this was brett farve (the good ol boy) or Tom Brady....I bet Goodell wouldn't act this way
Man, Brett wouldn't have done any jail time either
laugh.gif
probably have Goodell and John Madden come by the house for a few matches.
well brett and tom aren't dumb enough to do that, so we'll never know for sure....

Originally Posted by Emmanuel Goldstein

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

What is your opinion of Troy Aikman as a QB? His passing numbers aren't much better than Vick's, aside from total yds (never threw for more than 3300, often in the 2000's) and completion percentage. Plus he was playing on a stacked team. Look at who Vick had to throw to, Crumpler and a bunch of bums that couldn't catch a cold. Not to mention when Mora came and installed the WCO it was the worst possible fit for Vick (cannon arm, lacks touch on short throws). I'm not gonna say Vick was a great passer because he definitely wasn't, but given the surrounding talent and the ill-fitting system, he did pretty well.

eek.gif
roll.gif
this dude just tried to compare vick and aikman ... ive seen it all ... do you understand that the most important stat for a qb is completion % followed by td to int ratio? get the hell outta here with that rahtarded bs ... aikman has 3 super bowls and was the most accurate passer of all time, dude moved the chains ... i will never take anything you say about football seriously again ...

edit... and i knew jetpac was a homer, but i didnt know he was an idiot too ... dudes in here puttin vick up there with aikman ... lmao ... ... ...

seriously
indifferent.gif
I'm not saying Vick is as good as Aikman is (though I will always go out of my way to point out that he was overrated). Yes, he had a highcompletion percentage, but that all important TD:INT ratio you bring up was not Aikman's strong suit. For his career he threw 165 TD's to 141interceptions. So yea...go look up Aikman's passing numbers and get back to me
indifferent.gif
yourself.

Not to mention Aikman played with Michael Irvin, Emmitt Smith, and a bunch of HOF'ers on the offensive line. Of course he's a proven winner. If Vickhad a HOF offensive line and receivers in Atlanta he'd be a proven winner too.

The two years he started at VT he only lost two games. In 1999 as a Redshirt Freshman he took VT to the national title game while being in charge of the #1scoring offense in the country.

His first year as a full time starter he takes the Falcons to the playoffs and wins at Lambeau when nobody has won there in a bajillion years. He also took theFalcons to the NFC Championship game. Things went downhill after the WCO came to Atlanta, but while Vick's attitude was partly to blame for that, it'snot like he was the reason they became a losing team.

Mike Vick should say he will donate his salary to a animal rescue organization and if anything only keep around $44,000 a year for 2 seasons.

Bet they let him play.

He needs to take the pressure and villain label off himself.

smh.gif
Stick to rapping.

People make mistakes, he paid for it. Let's see how he handles himself if he gets the privilege to play again.

No reason to hate this dude, he's still paying for his mistakes, literally.

Don't compare this to a regular job, because it isn't.

What is to be gained by keeping this guy out longer? Why are we still punishing him? For the time he served for all that he has lost what does Godell hope toprove?

Originally Posted by Tony Starks

People are still saying things like, "They were just dogs"?
laugh.gif

What part of it being illegal don't you understand? And
laugh.gif
@ the scenarios in here. "If, if, if."
haha, I dont care about dogs one way or the other or if someone is breaking the law. I went to college, most of the members on teh board did, andmost of the pro sports players (especiallythe NFL) went to school for 3 years. If you drink any alcohol before you were 21, which I know damn well most prosports players did, then everything they were doing is just as "illegal". Its really a matter of how well the public treats an animal. We are thetop of the food chain, not dogs. I am not condoning his lying and running of the gambling ring, as that was just in itsself stupid and he should have been aMAN and fessed up, but the outcry about killing animals being illegal is ridiclious, like I said when comparing it to drinking being illegal.

Originally Posted by LifeLessons

smh.gif

you crazy if this was brett farve (the good ol boy) or Tom Brady....I bet Goodell wouldn't act this way

I don't think he is trying to play it off like that, but so many black players have gotten in trouble...

And all of it provides Goodell an easy way to just punish Vick. He'll keep the iron fist going

Vick deserved the time for what he did...but I still feel the media backlash over the whole thing made him out to be like this evil mass murderer of humans,because of how so many Americans love their dogs too much. I guess what I'm saying is, he definitely did NOT deserve all of the negativity he received.Some of it yes, but a lot of it was overboard.

I'm definitely hoping he gets a second chance and also hoping he doesn't ++## it up. Hopefully he learned his lesson and has motivation to revive hislife through football.

What is your opinion of Troy Aikman as a QB? His passing numbers aren't much better than Vick's, aside from total yds (never threw for more than 3300, often in the 2000's) and completion percentage. Plus he was playing on a stacked team. Look at who Vick had to throw to, Crumpler and a bunch of bums that couldn't catch a cold. Not to mention when Mora came and installed the WCO it was the worst possible fit for Vick (cannon arm, lacks touch on short throws). I'm not gonna say Vick was a great passer because he definitely wasn't, but given the surrounding talent and the ill-fitting system, he did pretty well.

eek.gif
roll.gif
this dude just tried to compare vick and aikman ... ive seen it all ... do you understand that the most important stat for a qb is completion % followed by td to int ratio? get the hell outta here with that rahtarded bs ... aikman has 3 super bowls and was the most accurate passer of all time, dude moved the chains ... i will never take anything you say about football seriously again ...

edit... and i knew jetpac was a homer, but i didnt know he was an idiot too ... dudes in here puttin vick up there with aikman ... lmao ... ... ...

seriously
indifferent.gif
I'm not saying Vick is as good as Aikman is (though I will always go out of my way to point out that he was overrated). Yes, he had a high completion percentage, but that all important TD:INT ratio you bring up was not Aikman's strong suit. For his career he threw 165 TD's to 141 interceptions. So yea...go look up Aikman's passing numbers and get back to me
indifferent.gif
yourself.

Not to mention Aikman played with Michael Irvin, Emmitt Smith, and a bunch of HOF'ers on the offensive line. Of course he's a proven winner. If Vick had a HOF offensive line and receivers in Atlanta he'd be a proven winner too.

The two years he started at VT he only lost two games. In 1999 as a Redshirt Freshman he took VT to the national title game while being in charge of the #1 scoring offense in the country.

His first year as a full time starter he takes the Falcons to the playoffs and wins at Lambeau when nobody has won there in a bajillion years. He also took the Falcons to the NFC Championship game. Things went downhill after the WCO came to Atlanta, but while Vick's attitude was partly to blame for that, it's not like he was the reason they became a losing team.

You have hot to be kidding me right? Comparing Vick with Aikman? Seriously? Any credibility you had just went out the window.

Originally Posted by acidicality

Vick deserved the time for what he did...but I still feel the media backlash over the whole thing made him out to be like this evil mass murderer of humans, because of how so many Americans love their dogs too much. I guess what I'm saying is, he definitely did NOT deserve all of the negativity he received. Some of it yes, but a lot of it was overboard.
studies show that torturing animals is one of the first signs of a sociopath. If you can electrocute, strangle, and mutilate a dog, the ability tokill a human is not far behind.
These guys weren't even putting a bullet in the animals head and putting it out of their misery, they were doing some horrible things.

does he deserve a second chance? absolutley
But I will never understand the amount of love he gets on NT. Don't get mad that people think he's a piece of crap. Oh IF brady did this, IF farve didthis. Point blank they weren;t sumb enough to do it. The guy who was dumb enough to do it was black. The media didn't make that fact up. Goodell didn'tmake it up either. The NFL is gonna receive a ton of **** for letting him back in. Advertisers will be pressured to stop supporting the nfl. So yeah hedeserves to be back in the nfl but don't act like it's his right.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

eek.gif
roll.gif

seriously
indifferent.gif
I'm not saying Vick is as good as Aikman is (though I will always go out of my way to point out that he was overrated). Yes, he had a high completion percentage, but that all important TD:INT ratio you bring up was not Aikman's strong suit. For his career he threw 165 TD's to 141 interceptions. So yea...go look up Aikman's passing numbers and get back to me
indifferent.gif
yourself.

Not to mention Aikman played with Michael Irvin, Emmitt Smith, and a bunch of HOF'ers on the offensive line. Of course he's a proven winner. If Vick had a HOF offensive line and receivers in Atlanta he'd be a proven winner too.

The two years he started at VT he only lost two games. In 1999 as a Redshirt Freshman he took VT to the national title game while being in charge of the #1 scoring offense in the country.

His first year as a full time starter he takes the Falcons to the playoffs and wins at Lambeau when nobody has won there in a bajillion years. He also took the Falcons to the NFC Championship game. Things went downhill after the WCO came to Atlanta, but while Vick's attitude was partly to blame for that, it's not like he was the reason they became a losing team.

You have hot to be kidding me right? Comparing Vick with Aikman? Seriously? Any credibility you had just went out the window.
I'm not saying Vick is as good as Aikman is

Mez brought up how bad Vick's passing numbers were and I brought up Aikman because he is a good QB whose passing numbers aren't as good as peopleremembered. People either didn't watch enough games or weren't paying attention because everybody in here is acting like Vick can't pass to savehis life. He had no touch on short passes, OK we get that. I never said he was a great passer; I'm just trying to point out that his stats aren'talways indicative of him as a passer, because he didn't have much to work with; that's why I brought up Aikman and his stats. (BUT IN NO WAY AM ITRYING TO SAY THAT VICK WAS ON AIKMAN'S LEVEL AS A PASSER, I AM TRYING TO SAY THAT FAIRLY GOOD PASSERS (VICK) OR EVEN GREAT PASSERS (AIKMAN) DON'TALWAYS HAVE ALL OF THE STATS TO BACK IT UP.

The rest of that post was a response to people acting like Vick was not a winner.

I don't understand why if you mention two people in the same sentence or post, people automatically assume, "OMGZ LULZ @ the idiot saying Michael Vickis as good as Troy Aikman." In my very first post I pointed out Aikman's edge in passing yardage and completion percentage, the hell do you want fromme?

I wanna see Vick play but I don't think he'll be a starting QB(wildcat makes sense) but people saying Vick
was the first running QB to do what he did need to GOOGLE Randall Cunningham...

Anyone else think Vicks been studying the playbook for the past 23 months? He has the athleticism to play QB, but never was known to be an"intelligent" QB. Maybe he's been working on that part of his game since he's been out.

Cunnigham's 1990 stats
passing
cmp/att pct yds td int
271/465 58.3% 3466 30 13
rushing
att yds avg td
118 942 8.0 5

Originally Posted by TravisJMU

Originally Posted by Tony Starks

People are still saying things like, "They were just dogs"?
laugh.gif

What part of it being illegal don't you understand? And
laugh.gif
@ the scenarios in here. "If, if, if."
haha, I dont care about dogs one way or the other or if someone is breaking the law. I went to college, most of the members on teh board did, and most of the pro sports players (especiallythe NFL) went to school for 3 years. If you drink any alcohol before you were 21, which I know damn well most pro sports players did, then everything they were doing is just as "illegal". Its really a matter of how well the public treats an animal. We are the top of the food chain, not dogs. I am not condoning his lying and running of the gambling ring, as that was just in itsself stupid and he should have been a MAN and fessed up, but the outcry about killing animals being illegal is ridiclious, like I said when comparing it to drinking being illegal.
Are you really comparing underage drinking to dogs getting abused and electrocuted to death?

Yes, both are illegal but one comes with a bigger consequence.

Originally Posted by theword

Anyone else think Vicks been studying the playbook for the past 23 months? He has the athleticism to play QB, but never was known to be an "intelligent" QB. Maybe he's been working on that part of his game since he's been out.
What playbook? He's not a part of any team.

I mean you figure he can get mail in prison right? Maybe a prospective NFL team or offensive coordinator sent him some stuff while he was doing time.

studies show that torturing animals is one of the first signs of a sociopath. If you can electrocute, strangle, and mutilate a dog, the ability to kill a human is not far behind.
LOL. You dudes kill me....

Originally Posted by theword

Anyone else think Vicks been studying the playbook for the past 23 months? He has the athleticism to play QB, but never was known to be an "intelligent" QB. Maybe he's been working on that part of his game since he's been out.
dfayqb.jpg

Back
Top Bottom