BREAKING NEWS: Michael Vick is officially a free man

Originally Posted by COOLnificent

Jetpacunlimited wrote:

LifeLessons wrote:

wow so Goodell said "I dont believe everybody deserves a second chance" A BIG SMH

I really hate this man and I don't know him at all....reminds me of one of these southern bible hugging conservatives
Where did he say this?
nerd.gif

nerd.gif

i think it was OTL on Espn.....they had that quote from Goodell

do you guys think it would be in the NFL/goodell's best interests to let vick back in? PETA will be at every single game Vick is at. they will most likelybe huge in numbers since they are organized pretty well. The real problem would be that they could petition the advertisers that have a relationship with thenfl.

On the other hamd, Vick is one of the most exciting players in the game. We all know America loves a redemption story. His Jersey will sell well. I think thecons may outweigh the pros. If PETA starts really disrupting things and goes after the advertisers, the nfl will have a big problem.

People love to talk stats but never wanna discuss the whole issue

2001: 1-1 (before he started full time)
2002: 8-6-1 (at age 22, first year starting full time, beat Green Bay IN LAMBEAU back when Brett was still good
laugh.gif
)
2003: 3-1 (injured)
2004: 11-4 (went to the NFC championships, lost to the Eagles)
2005: 8-7
2006: 7-9

Thrown TDs also doesn't take into account the many running TDs he made

Stats can't talk about how teams gameplanned entirely around Michael Vick and his ability to extend the play and make defenders miss.
Stats can't talk about how many of those incompletions would be sacks behind the Falcons poor line if not for Vick's athletic ability.
Stats can't talk about how many of those incompletions are due to bum #*% receivers like Roddy White dropping passes that hit them in the hands.
Stats can't talk about how he played in a West Coast offense that definitely did not utilize his strengths.
Stats can't talk about Mora and Knapp's horrible play calling and inability to adapt to defensive changes by some of the best defensive teams in theleague in their division (Tampa, Carolina).
Stats can't talk about how under Mora, he COULDN'T EVEN CALL AUDIBLES! NONE! AT ALL!

If you haven't watched the games please spare me...

Aikman comparison isn't valid because he played with other offensive weapons and had a decent coach for most of his career.

Romo?
laugh.gif
I'll take one that has won the playoffs and isn't known for choking.

Brady? He's def a top 3 QB in the League right now. But he also plays in a good system with good players and a good coach. And we see how Cassel did lastyear. We'll see what Cassel does with the Chiefs.

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

People love to talk stats but never wanna discuss the whole issue

2001: 1-1 (before he started full time)
2002: 8-6-1 (at age 22, first year starting full time, beat Green Bay IN LAMBEAU back when Brett was still good
laugh.gif
)
2003: 3-1 (injured)
2004: 11-4 (went to the NFC championships, lost to the Eagles)
2005: 8-7
2006: 7-9

Thrown TDs also doesn't take into account the many running TDs he made

Stats can't talk about how teams gameplanned entirely around Michael Vick and his ability to extend the play and make defenders miss.
Stats can't talk about how many of those incompletions would be sacks behind the Falcons poor line if not for Vick's athletic ability.
Stats can't talk about how many of those incompletions are due to bum #*% receivers like Roddy White dropping passes that hit them in the hands.
Stats can't talk about how he played in a West Coast offense that definitely did not utilize his strengths.
Stats can't talk about Mora and Knapp's horrible play calling and inability to adapt to defensive changes by some of the best defensive teams in the league in their division (Tampa, Carolina).
Stats can't talk about how under Mora, he COULDN'T EVEN CALL AUDIBLES! NONE! AT ALL!

If you haven't watched the games please spare me...

Aikman comparison isn't valid because he played with other offensive weapons and had a decent coach for most of his career.

Romo?
laugh.gif
I'll take one that has won the playoffs and isn't known for choking.

Brady? He's def a top 3 QB in the League right now. But he also plays in a good system with good players and a good coach. And we see how Cassel did last year. We'll see what Cassel does with the Chiefs.

THANK YOU!!!

Originally Posted by LifeLessons

wow so Goodell said "I dont believe everybody deserves a second chance" A BIG SMH

I really hate this man and I don't know him at all....reminds me of one of these southern bible hugging conservatives
But why are you guys making it seem like Goodell OWES it to Vick to re-instate him in the first place? Some of yall are making it seem likeit's Vick's right to play in the NFL. You should go ahead and serve a 2 year bid and see if you job will welcome you back with open arms. Dude isprolly just happy to be out of jail in the first place. If...and I mean IF he has the opportunity to play in the NFL again, that would be a bonus.

Originally Posted by Q46totheE

But why are you guys making it seem like Goodell OWES it to Vick to re-instate him in the first place? Some of yall are making it seem like it's Vick's right to play in the NFL. You should go ahead and serve a 2 year bid and see if you job will welcome you back with open arms. Dude is prolly just happy to be out of jail in the first place. If...and I mean IF he has the opportunity to play in the NFL again, that would be a bonus.
thank you

You should go ahead and serve a 2 year bid and see if you job will welcome you back with open arms
the same could be said for Chris Anderson and he is playing in the NBA now

we treate sports players different then the avg person(right or wrong is a different story) vick did his time anything more is goodell trying to show peoplewho is boss

I think the main difference between Birdman and Vick is that Bird was out of the league because of a suspension and not in jail

Vick was out of the League because of Jail...and it yet to serve his league suspension

I hope they let him back in
frown.gif

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

You should go ahead and serve a 2 year bid and see if you job will welcome you back with open arms

we treate sports players different then the avg person(right or wrong is a different story) vick did his time anything more is goodell trying to show people who is boss

Anderson and Vick are completely different situations though. The 2 year suspension was handed out by the NBA. So Anderson's job did punishhim.

I would understand a small suspension, but anything more would be stupid. If he's out for the whole season that would be stupid.

all this for some dogs. 2 years later and its still ridiculous
laugh.gif

Oye vay, it wasn't just dogs... He lied to a grand jury and ran an illegal gambling ring. Pretty sure those played a role in it...

we treate sports players different then the avg person(right or wrong is a different story) vick did his time anything more is goodell trying to show people who is boss

players keep effing up, and if they keep getting a pass, no one is gonna learn. i realize he did jail time already, but still. if you do somethingserious enough to get put in jail for that long, you're not going to just be welcomed back like nothing happened. and even if it happens, as is the casewith anderson like you said, it doesn't make it the right thing to do.

if goodell is trying to run a no nonsense league, that's fine.

*waits for someone to bring up matt jones*

EDIT: all of that said, i do want vick back in the nfl. i like him as a player. do i think he paid for what he did, i guess so.

EDIT 2: ok so if anderson was suspended by his employer, it's really a bogus comparison.

Is Andersen a convicted felon who served 2 years in jail? I must have missed that.

Vick paid his debt to society...you get no argument from me. But it's a damn joke that some of you really think the NFL owes it to Mike Vick to let himplay again. If what Goodell eventually rules with Vick or has done in the past with giving Vick an indefinite suspension is deemed "unfair," youbest believe the Players Association would be all over his *#+. Players may speak in support of Vick and hope that he gets another chance, but I am not seeingthe PA really backing Vick on his behalf in this whole ordeal....so is Goodell REALLY the one to blame...especially if he has the support of the players?

*Vick didn't go to jail for JUST the damn dogs...when will you all get it through your thick $*$ skulls...
smh.gif

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

laugh.gif
He lied to feds and ran an illegal gambling ring.

He got off light.

Ha I still can't comprehend how people are in here talking Vick up, clearly the same people that get their football fix off of Madden and Sportscenter.

yall some heartless bastards
laugh.gif

I hope yall never ever in life do anything bad.

Ha I still can't comprehend how people are in here talking Vick up, clearly the same people that get their football fix off of Madden and Sportscenter.

explain how he is a bad quarterback.

then inform me how many "garbage" quarterbacks have led their team to conference championships.

maybe you're the one getting your fix from Sportscenter hmmm
wink.gif

But why are you guys making it seem like Goodell OWES it to Vick to re-instate him in the first place? Some of yall are making it seem like it's Vick's right to play in the NFL. You should go ahead and serve a 2 year bid and see if you job will welcome you back with open arms. Dude is prolly just happy to be out of jail in the first place. If...and I mean IF he has the opportunity to play in the NFL again, that would be a bonus.

True it's not the right or exclusive priviledge for Vick or anyone else for that matter to play in the NFL but at the same time how much more does Vick hasto suffer for his crime?? In all aspects when dealing with punishment, most rationale people look at the severity of the incident/crime in question. Withregards to Vick and the majority here in S &T, most people will tell you that Vick has suffered enough already, it's time to move on from the mistakesof the past and give the man a 2nd chance. What's done is done. It's time for people to stop playing judge, juror and executioner.

cause this !##@ is over some god damn dogs....if its that serious then start picking up all these stray animals all over cities....its stupid tome...personally I wouldnt fight dogs cause i dont see what you can get out of it but its not something to keep someone out the league for

cause this !##@ is over some god damn dogs....if its that serious then start picking up all these stray animals all over cities....its stupid to me...personally I wouldnt fight dogs cause i dont see what you can get out of it but its not something to keep someone out the league for
IT'S OVER MORE THAN JUST DOGS!!!!

i hope goodell bans him for 5 years ... just crush his dreams ... just because i wanna see yall heartbroken lol ... you got people in here speaking vicks namein the same breath as aikman and brady ... **$ are yall on?

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

laugh.gif

He got off light.

call it whatever you want. he got punished for fighting dogs.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

laugh.gif

He got off light.

call it whatever you want. he got punished for fighting dogs.
Stubborn and lame. Like there's some kind of crazy conspiracy thought up by all the dog lovers out there
laugh.gif
. Womp, womp.

you got people in here speaking vicks name in the same breath as aikman and brady ... **$ are yall on?
I sayin' though
laugh.gif
. I love watching Vick play but whatis the point of bringing up Aikman and Brady
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom