Chad Ford: Bucks Jefferson to Spurs 4 Bowen, Oberto, & Thomas ; becomes official later today

Originally Posted by jtc85

Originally Posted by Burns1923

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

^players want to win. why not play for one of the best franchises of this past decade?

Because most players aren't ring chasers. They want to accomplish it by really contributing, not having 3 players carry the load and get them a ring.

And let's not forget that Popovich is a douche with a capital D-O-U-C-H-E.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I think this team plays cheap and whines constantly. If that's how people want their team to win, they are entitled to it.

indifferent.gif
does anyone agree with this guy?

Save it, pal. Go instigate somewhere else.

I like the addition of an athletic wing guy who can finish off the break...however Kurt and Bruce (although aged) bring an unparalleled toughness to that team,which is a very important intangible not to mention one of the main points of their identity. That being said I have hopes that they will get waived and resignafter the 30 days are up.

^players want to win. why not play for one of the best franchises of this past decade?

Because most players aren't ring chasers. They want to accomplish it by really contributing, not having 3 players carry the load and get them a ring.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I think this team plays cheap and whines constantly. If that's how people want their team to win, they are entitled to it.

What makes Pop a douche, because he actually coaches his players? Along with Phil Jackson he's one of the best coaches out there right now.

UNRESTRICTED
Michael Finley (P)
DREW GOODEN
Ime Udoka
Jacque Vaughn

He is a free agent this summer.

The Spurs will probably not re-sign him once they get back Oberto or/and Bowen.

i think this is a good trade for the spurs...they have a 4 headed monster in offense now...parker..manu...jefferson and duncan

Man big's are a rarity now, that's def what SA needs after this trade happens officially.

Originally Posted by Fundamental21Ticket

What makes Pop a douche, because he actually coaches his players? Along with Phil Jackson he's one of the best coaches out there right now.

If you've watched him on the sidelines of any game, which I'm sure you have, there's your answer.

And this loophole where the Spurs can "trade" players but they go right back after a waiting period is ridiculous.

At least prevent players from resigning with the team that traded them until mid-season or something.
laugh.gif

Although it will never be proven publicly, this stuff is prearranged and it's unethical.

First, Brent Barry and now Bowen, Oberto and/or Thomas.

And yet Popovich had the nerve to protest the Gasol trade?

Douchebaggery (adj./v.) 1. Of or pertaining to a *+!+%+!*@. 2. A person or group who makes decisions from the perspective of a *+!+%+!*@. 3. The San AntonioSpurs.

laugh.gif

we get it, you don't like the spurs. don't start talking out of your +!%.

Nope, I made valid points as a fan, you have no problem overlooking unethical conduct and therefore childishly attempt to pass off your opinion as somethingpeople should care about.

Oh word, Gooden is a FA?

They definitely need to shore up that frontline then. Maybe Thomas gets bought out and returns.

..Or they feel they can unload Manu now

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by Long Beach Vincey

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Bowen and Oberto have non fully guaranteed contracts...they will be back in San Antonio in a few weeks.
Yep It's almost too predictable
I hate when teams do this..

You can have all three of them back if you want. We don't need them. They are all useless in a rebuilding process. But I'll agree the rules thatallow a player to return to the team that traded them after a waiting period is ******ed.

Originally Posted by mjd77

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by Long Beach Vincey

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Bowen and Oberto have non fully guaranteed contracts...they will be back in San Antonio in a few weeks.
Yep It's almost too predictable
I hate when teams do this..
You can have all three of them back if you want. We don't need them. They are all useless in a rebuilding process. But I'll agree the rules that allow a player to return to the team that traded them after a waiting period is ******ed.
I don't ever remember Kareem being traded to a team then brought back to the team.
grin.gif

Not that Bowen or any of those dudes are anywhere NEAR Kareem, but still, you're getting a free really good player basically if Bowen/Thomas come back.

Celtics and Hawks were the ones to start it. (Payton for Walker, Payton came right back to Boston)

They found the flaw in the system.

Which prompted the league to make the joke of a 30 day period before returning to your original team.

And yes before I was some what wrong about the spurs franchise doing trades like this, Brent Barry was mentioned before with the same type of trade situationbut still, this a very big step for the Spurs to make a trade like this.

I think at least of the players the Spurs are getting rid of is coming back. Call it unethical, but you have to do whatever wins you games.

Why do teams constantly trade away borderline all-star players for capspace and not get bashed by media about it? This is like the 4th or 5th deal that haswent down since the Gasol trade.
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom