christian people with tattoos and other body enhancements are hypocrites...

thats why if i ever get tatted it won't be anything religious. always thought getting religious tatts were very hypocritical, but hey what person is not hypocritical? it's just the way we are so i ain't judging.

Man if y'all think about it most of our practices been around longer than the bible if not the bible bit from some other religions .Its gotten to the point I stop paying attention to it because Jesus hangs with criminals ,prostitutes leapers and everything in between yet we go to hell for some tats.I wonder when did they add that into the bible sometimes because well it's just silly at this point most stuff in it can be traced back to an older religion.

So any religious people with tats wanna chime in?....

I dont have one yet, buy I plan on getting a few when I have enough money to go to the best.
Something small and cute

Its been said in this thread and thoroughly explained , it is not a sin.

Actually, this thread and the Bible both explain that it is clearly a sin, according to biblical definitions:

"Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD."
Leviticus 19:28

This is why I hate organized religion and believe that the majority of people who claim to be "Christian" these days are detestable hypocrites. I have never known one person who claimed Christianity to ever follow even 90% of what is written in the bible. Most of you haven't even read the book period. It is always a game of pick and choose. They follow the parts that are suitable to them, and don't follow the parts that aren't. Let me put it this way, if the Bible is the word of God and you agree that it is to be taken literally and that it must be followed to achieve a position in Heaven, then people with tattoos are going to share the same afterlife as homosexuals. :nerd:

I have read the bible thoroughly, it isn't a sin.
Im am not getting it for a pagan god, Im getting it for me.

Agree to disagree

Good day

Last edited:
Actually, this thread and the Bible both explain that it is clearly a sin, according to biblical definitions:

"Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD."

This is why I hate organized religion and believe that the majority of people who claim to be "Christian" these days are detestable hypocrites. I have never known one person who claimed Christianity to ever follow even 90% of what is written in the bible. Most of you haven't even read the book period. It is always a game of pick and choose. They follow the parts that are suitable to them, and don't follow the parts that aren't. Let me put it this way, if the Bible is the word of God and you agree that it is to be taken literally and that it must be followed to achieve a position in Heaven, then people with tattoos are going to share the same afterlife as homosexuals.
nerd.gif
at the risk of sounding ironic: PREACH!

this thread wasn't even inspired by anything in the bible.. even though it can be argued that it's in there

the point i was trying to get across was that if you really follow god so blindly, if he's really your shepherd

than you would be happy with your body the way it is.. you wouldn't need tattoos or any other enhancements.

This is why I hate organized religion and believe that the majority of people who claim to be "Christian" these days are detestable hypocrites. I have never known one person who claimed Christianity to ever follow even 90% of what is written in the bible. Most of you haven't even read the book period. It is always a game of pick and choose. They follow the parts that are suitable to them, and don't follow the parts that aren't. Let me put it this way, if the Bible is the word of God and you agree that it is to be taken literally and that it must be followed to achieve a position in Heaven, then people with tattoos are going to share the same afterlife as homosexuals.
nerd.gif
what did the bible say about homosexuals?

I dont have one yet, buy I plan on getting a few when I have enough money to go to the best.
Something small and cute

nerd.gif
Haven't several people in this thread explained that this verse, in context, is not saying that having a tattoo is a sin?

This is why I hate organized religion and believe that the majority of people who claim to be "Christian" these days are detestable hypocrites. I have never known one person who claimed Christianity to ever follow even 90% of what is written in the bible. Most of you haven't even read the book period. It is always a game of pick and choose. They follow the parts that are suitable to them, and don't follow the parts that aren't. Let me put it this way, if the Bible is the word of God and you agree that it is to be taken literally and that it must be followed to achieve a position in Heaven, then people with tattoos are going to share the same afterlife as homosexuals. :nerd:

Homosexuality is condemned in the Bible, as are tattoos. Anyone in here defending tattoos,who claims to be a follower of the teachings in the Bible, is a hypocrite. Niketalk gonna' have me over here dustin' off the Bible. :smh:

Something small and cute

Haven't several people in this thread explained that this verse, in context, is not saying that having a tattoo is a sin?

No, they have not.

Last edited:

Something small and cute

nerd.gif

No, they have not.
You sure?

Pagans got tattoos and piercings (cutting the skin) to worship ancient spirits and ancestors. God didn't want his people doing that.

As long as your tattoos aren't about that you're good. Unless its like "Rip Tony" or something -- you might be screwed in that case

But its in The Bible that you're not supposed to get tattotos

Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.
Are you going to completely ignore this part? Do you know what that means? No, no, lets just ignore it so its convenient for your point to be made.

Well that verse is saying you aren't to cut yourself, or brand your self in a sacrificial way. Back in those days it would be considered "branding" yourself showing that you follow a cult who partakes in rituals.

Whether these posts are correct or not isn't really the point. The point is that it is necessary to understand the context in which something is said. Just as it annoys the hell out of me to see a young earth creationist quote mine Darwin to prove their point, I'm sure it's similarly annoying for Bible believers to see people ignore the context of Scripture just to prove their opinion about the Bible. 

Last edited:

"Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable."Leviticus 18:22

“‘If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."Leviticus 20:13

Also, I don't wanna' hear about any of you so called Christians rockin' mixtures of wool and linen, or you are gonna' be down there with the homosexuals also. :D

"'Keep my decrees. "'Do not mate different kinds of animals. "'Do not plant your field with two kinds of seed. "'Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material." Leviticus 19:19

Also, don't be picking up sticks on the Sabbath:

"While the people of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man gathering sticks on the Sabbath day. 33 And those who found him gathering sticks brought him to Moses and Aaron and to all the congregation. 34 They put him in custody, because it had not been made clear what should be done to him. 35 And the LORD said to Moses, “The man shall be put to death; all the congregation shall stone him with stones outside the camp.” 36 And all the congregation brought him outside the camp and stoned him to death with stones, as the LORD commanded Moses. "

Numbers 15:32-36

Nobody these days follows the Bible. It trips me out how people can claim to be Christians and judge and condemn so many other people, while committing just as many sins themselves.

Something small and cute

No, they have not.

You sure?

Pagans got tattoos and piercings (cutting the skin) to worship ancient spirits and ancestors. God didn't want his people doing that.

As long as your tattoos aren't about that you're good. Unless its like "Rip Tony" or something -- you might be screwed in that case

But its in The Bible that you're not supposed to get tattotos

Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.
Are you going to completely ignore this part? Do you know what that means? No, no, lets just ignore it so its convenient for your point to be made.

Well that verse is saying you aren't to cut yourself, or brand your self in a sacrificial way. Back in those days it would be considered "branding" yourself showing that you follow a cult who partakes in rituals.

Whether these posts are correct or not isn't really the point. The point is that it is necessary to understand the context in which something is said. Just as it annoys the hell out of me to see a young earth creationist quote mine Darwin to prove their point, I'm sure it's similarly annoying for Bible believers to see people ignore the context of Scripture just to prove their opinion about the Bible. 

In the context, tattoos are still condemned. Tattoos were a Pagan tradition in those days. The Lord strictly forbade his followers from following any Pagan traditions. So in your mind, the verse makes it OK to have tattoos, as long as they aren't of dead people? So that means that tattoos are OK as long as they don't represent Jesus or the Cross, or other dead people? :rolleyes The problem is that most Bible believers haven't actually read the Bible or just skip over parts that they are too lazy to follow, but make time for the parts that make them feel better about themselves, like judging and condemning homosexuals.

Do not cut your self for the dead.

Who is dead?

Pagan gods

Don't cut your self for pagan gods

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom