Did you see G.I JOE ?

pimp.gif
Movie

Better than transformers IMO

It was pretty good. You guys need to accept these things for what they are...cheesy over the top action movies. No duh.

But moving on...

I didnt expect him to be Cobra Commander, Thought it was Dr. Mindbender the whole time. LOL...Damn monocle. I hated the Cobra Comander mask...like a gay glassmask Darth Vader or something. The cloth mask woulda been better...but they didnt wanna cause too close to the KKK masks. But its not like Cobra Commanderwears all white and spews racist stuff....stupid hollywood scaredy cats.

Me and my boy geeked out when they had the underwater crazy shooting scene. Reminded me of the 80'scartoon movie when they were out in space with all the lasers and stuff all over the place. That was dope.

They way Destro was turned into the metal head was
indifferent.gif
...No.Literally. Thats what he looked like, like this --- >
indifferent.gif
. Thatwas unncessary for this movie. It coulda waited and done way better than that.

Baroness...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
Her glasses were ill as hell. I read they're actually working on something like that for NASA. Glass for the helmets that you can switch from darkto clear at push of button.

Duke was boring as hell....He never even yelled out "Yo Joe!" like he was supposed to...Heavy Duty did...
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Marlon had his funny lines "Oww...Kung fu grip!?"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
And best of all didnt OD on his usual goofyness. So props to him.

Snake Eyes...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Wish more Snake Eyes was put into the story. But where the *$&$ was TIMBER? I really wanted to see him !!!
406492621_e585508c9e.jpg

Good movie. I just think, like the first X-Men, they dropped the ball on not introducing the slew of guys we grew up on. (Beach-head, Sgt, Slaughter,Dreadknocks bikers, Tomax, Xamot,etc...) It's friggin GI Joe...its not like they woulda ran out of character for the movie. Theres literally hundreds andhundreds of characters. Thats what made GI Joe so fun fromt the get-go. Stupid Hollywood alwaysscrews something up.
http://i.ebayimg.com/10/%21B%28ydk%28%21%21Wk%7E%24%28KGrH****jwEjlLmVD,kBKeHFot58g%7E%7E_12.JPG

That said...

80's GI Joe cartoon movie > Rise Of Cobra

The cartoon movie was pure sillyness and fun. I could text 20 people to come over and watch it and a good 15+ people would show up. With this...no realexcitement behind it. Just the typical 'We got the CGI technology to make it live-action so lets do it' Hollywood Blockbuster cash cow.

But this...This was something special...
G%20I%20JOE%20-%203D%20Packshot.jpg

frown.gif
DAMN YOU HOLLYWOOD

Wasted my money, but little bro had a great time...

One question, why did the whole movie look like the video game AREA 51. CGI was terrible!!!

I just got back from the theater. I thought this movie was going to bring back some memories of the 2nd greatest cartoon show ever (next to Transformers),instead I walked out with a nightmare. Paramount just used GI Joe names and threw in a boring plot and surround it with so much crappy CGI. This movie was toodamn futuristic, I hated all the battle scenes except for Snakeye's parts. And they sure did bastardize Cobra Commander, hell, they bastardize everyonefrom the 80s show except for Snake Eyes and Baroness, she looked hot. One dude was so pissed he dumped his entire Super large bucket of popcorn in the urinalin the restroom. Damn Hollywood. I'll just wait for GI Joe season 1 on November on a DVD package.

posted this pic on the other thread 2 days ago, but I'm very disappointed Paramount made a fool of the baddest evil character in cartoons history.

2qc1bx1.png

Originally Posted by MightyMYT

I just got back from the theater. I thought this movie was going to bring back some memories of the 2nd greatest cartoon show ever (next to Transformers), instead I walked out with a nightmare. Paramount just used GI Joe names and threw in a boring plot and surround it with so much crappy CGI. This movie was too damn futuristic, I hated all the battle scenes except for Snakeye's parts. And they sure did bastardize Cobra Commander, hell, they bastardize everyone from the 80s show except for Snake Eyes and Baroness, she looked hot. One dude was so pissed he dumped his entire Super large bucket of popcorn in the urinal in the restroom. Damn Hollywood. I'll just wait for GI Joe season 1 on November on a DVD package.

posted this pic on the other thread 2 days ago, but I'm very disappointed Paramount made a fool of the baddest evil character in cartoons history.

2qc1bx1.png
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Now how hard was it for them to just leave the mask like that? Or the damn hood mask at least..

Instead we got some Indiana Jones kingdom of the cystal skull X paintball hybrid mask.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Cobra%20Commander.jpg
fronton.jpg

Now that I think about it...all the Joe's looked like Pro Paintballers.
roll.gif

scenario-paintball-gear.jpg
GIJoeDukeRR01.jpg
01.jpg

^^^^ wow just off that one picture i'll never see this movie in life.... on a side note does anyone remember the gi joe cartoons movies? especially the onethat introduced quick kick? That one was
pimp.gif

Definitely made for another generation of fans...I'm sure we all were looking for that nostalgic feeling but this was geared to tell the story a new way asthey all are. It is what it is though

My post from the other joe thread.
john23friend85 wrote:

Nothing feels better than having my childhood raped for two hours.

You know i thought maybe, just maybe, i would be wrong about this movie like i was with the first Transformers, but i wasn't and now i regret ever god-awful second of it. There is nothing, i repeat, NOTHING good about this movie, at all. Not even seeing Snake Eyes brought to life justifies spending money on this piece of @*@@. Snake Eyes and Emo Storm Shadow are reduced to lackeys, they face off twice neither of which are very long and their "epic" final battle is completely disgusting drivel. They changed every character so much they shouldn't be allowed to call this piece of ^$@* anything even remotely G.I. Joe related. The 37% it's at on RT is far too high for this movie. Miller IS NOT The Baroness, Tatum IS NOT Duke, the only actors that did a decent job were Quaid and Ray Park, and thank god Hama got the !@#$ idiot who wanted SE to have a line to drop it, it's !@#$ bad enough that they kept the mouth, and believe me you'll notice it every time you see him and you won't get used to it. "Cobra Commander" is a !@#$ joke, just like the whole !@#$ movie. I had to go home and watch the animated movie and resolute to get the unholy taste out of my mouth. There's a reason why companies don't let critics screen their movies and this is the #1 example. Please, PLEASE save your money.

If you call yourself a Joe fan, of any incarnation, and you enjoy this movie you should be ashamed.

Horrible, !@#$ horrible.
Save your money and watch the animated movie or Resolute.

so it wasnt good? anyone think its worth $10?? i was going to see it tmo...but hell mixed reviews bout, i wanna know straight up if its worth it or not...imight just have to see it for myself.

I say this with no hesitation, it was funny for all the wrong reasons, It was honestly the worst film in the past 10 years.

I didn't follow the G.I. Joe series and what not so I don't know much about how it relates to it, but as a movie fan, it was entertaining but not agood movie, imo.

I agree with CIDMAN911 100%

but the 1 thing that really bugged me, besides "Dukes" acting was the mouth on Snakeyes mask. That was SO disturbing.

Ah man, it sucks to hear all of this.

I remember seeing the preview during the Super Bowl and thinking to myself, "This one's gotta be good."

Personally, I thought they brought together an interesting cast and whatnot.. but from what y'all are saying, they failed?

This is really disappointing.
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom