Do You Like the Materials Used?

I have been a HUGE Jordan fan for many years, and a fan of his shoes for as long as I can remember.  It pains me to see the new retros with this terrible, cheap material.  I understand that they may be trying to preserve the value of the originals by changing the shoes up a little, but this is just getting out of hand.  Most of the grade school sizes have better materials than the mens sizes.  The "Varsity Red" VI's are a perfect example, the kids had nubuck, and the mens were made with that super soft suede.  I don't mind the color change in the reds to keep the originals different, but why do they keep giving the big sizes the short end of the stick?  I want to know what you guys think about this as well

I have been a HUGE Jordan fan for many years, and a fan of his shoes for as long as I can remember.  It pains me to see the new retros with this terrible, cheap material.  I understand that they may be trying to preserve the value of the originals by changing the shoes up a little, but this is just getting out of hand.  Most of the grade school sizes have better materials than the mens sizes.  The "Varsity Red" VI's are a perfect example, the kids had nubuck, and the mens were made with that super soft suede.  I don't mind the color change in the reds to keep the originals different, but why do they keep giving the big sizes the short end of the stick?  I want to know what you guys think about this as well

LOL im sure u get ur answer to this question from any thread u go in with all of NT complainin

its bad @ times but sumtyms its not worth complainin about cuz the chnge is so minor u kno? sum minor chnges are extreme in sum cases but i thnk sumtyms ppl complain just to complain u kno??

LOL im sure u get ur answer to this question from any thread u go in with all of NT complainin

its bad @ times but sumtyms its not worth complainin about cuz the chnge is so minor u kno? sum minor chnges are extreme in sum cases but i thnk sumtyms ppl complain just to complain u kno??

yeah, it just kills me to see the right materials used, just on the wrong sized shoes.... feel me?

yeah, it just kills me to see the right materials used, just on the wrong sized shoes.... feel me?

Originally Posted by Flight527

o yeah man no doubt. i thnk it looked worse on the charcoal 9's then on the 6's honestly. i saw the 6's n was like i can live wit it. still a hot shoe but that material on the charcoal's looked bad to me. i chnged my mind bout coppin. mayb they will grow on me. but dnt get me wrong i woulda MUCH rather seen the durabuck used on the 6's but it was sumthng i cld live wit u kno. the worse example of diffeent materials ws the 12's. i really wanted the blck n red 12's til they put nubuck on em n dat stupid symbol 

Originally Posted by Flight527

o yeah man no doubt. i thnk it looked worse on the charcoal 9's then on the 6's honestly. i saw the 6's n was like i can live wit it. still a hot shoe but that material on the charcoal's looked bad to me. i chnged my mind bout coppin. mayb they will grow on me. but dnt get me wrong i woulda MUCH rather seen the durabuck used on the 6's but it was sumthng i cld live wit u kno. the worse example of diffeent materials ws the 12's. i really wanted the blck n red 12's til they put nubuck on em n dat stupid symbol 

Flight527 wrote:
I understand that they may be trying to preserve the value of the originals by changing the shoes up a little,

Don't believe that. Ever. That's just an excuse to use cheap materials. No matter what kind of materials the predecessor may unveil, the values of the same previous shoe will always drop in value.

Example: 2009 True Blue 3 & 2001 True Blue 3.

Well known members and people who work close with the brand will tell you, the only way to see materials improve is stop buying what's being put out. That or if every member who frequents this forum would contact Nike and make a point or 'complain' about the materials not being up to par with the expectations at the specific retail price. Nike will take note, believe me. But it will take a lot of us to do that in order to see a change. Because trust me, if 2,000 people suddenly contacted Nike's quality team and complained about the materials JB is using, something would inevitably have to change..

Flight527 wrote:
I understand that they may be trying to preserve the value of the originals by changing the shoes up a little,

Don't believe that. Ever. That's just an excuse to use cheap materials. No matter what kind of materials the predecessor may unveil, the values of the same previous shoe will always drop in value.

Example: 2009 True Blue 3 & 2001 True Blue 3.

Well known members and people who work close with the brand will tell you, the only way to see materials improve is stop buying what's being put out. That or if every member who frequents this forum would contact Nike and make a point or 'complain' about the materials not being up to par with the expectations at the specific retail price. Nike will take note, believe me. But it will take a lot of us to do that in order to see a change. Because trust me, if 2,000 people suddenly contacted Nike's quality team and complained about the materials JB is using, something would inevitably have to change..

i agree with this dude, something needs to happen and soon. if we get a thread up and all call within a few mapped out days this could work

i agree with this dude, something needs to happen and soon. if we get a thread up and all call within a few mapped out days this could work

Not most of it... I first started coppin JB products because it was nice lookin to me...but then I really saw the quality and how they were so durable...but seeing this decline is really disappointing me... after concords rerelease im done with JB...

Not most of it... I first started coppin JB products because it was nice lookin to me...but then I really saw the quality and how they were so durable...but seeing this decline is really disappointing me... after concords rerelease im done with JB...

They wont do anything about it,the main people buying jordans are kids,high schoolers,they dont complain,they just walk around like they got a stick up their butt so their shoes wont crease,they adapt and buy more so they're pairs stay fresh,its a win win situation.

They wont do anything about it,the main people buying jordans are kids,high schoolers,they dont complain,they just walk around like they got a stick up their butt so their shoes wont crease,they adapt and buy more so they're pairs stay fresh,its a win win situation.

vipersupra wrote:
Let's do it! Make a thread nd send it to nike. well c if it will work..

Well making a thread would be a great idea for those who just aren't content with JB's quality. But unfortunately we can't just send the thread to JB, we would have to each contact Nike and speak to their Quality Team. But if we started a thread, got everyone to agree to contact them - that would a huge start. Large numbers of any kind will attract a company's attention.

It's not difficult. Got to nikestore.com, click contact us and reach out to them via online chat, email or phone call. Tell them you're not happy with the quality on your shoes for whatever reason yours may be.

29y2fr7.png

^There's your options. I't not that hard. I'm just tired of people complaining to the wrong people. Complaining on NT won't further your justice...complaining to Nike Inc. just might.

vipersupra wrote:
Let's do it! Make a thread nd send it to nike. well c if it will work..

Well making a thread would be a great idea for those who just aren't content with JB's quality. But unfortunately we can't just send the thread to JB, we would have to each contact Nike and speak to their Quality Team. But if we started a thread, got everyone to agree to contact them - that would a huge start. Large numbers of any kind will attract a company's attention.

It's not difficult. Got to nikestore.com, click contact us and reach out to them via online chat, email or phone call. Tell them you're not happy with the quality on your shoes for whatever reason yours may be.

29y2fr7.png

^There's your options. I't not that hard. I'm just tired of people complaining to the wrong people. Complaining on NT won't further your justice...complaining to Nike Inc. just might.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

29y2fr7.png

This, and I'm tired of people making new threads about release date information.   
Just do a live chat with a Nike rep.  They even email you a survey asking about the products, that's were you should let out your frustration. 
I just live chatted with a rep about 2 hours ago.  
laugh.gif

They are there for any questions or comments you may have. 

29y2fr7.png

This, and I'm tired of people making new threads about release date information.   
Just do a live chat with a Nike rep.  They even email you a survey asking about the products, that's were you should let out your frustration. 
I just live chatted with a rep about 2 hours ago.  
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

29y2fr7.png

I just live chatted with a rep about 2 hours ago 
laugh.gif

it was longer then 2 hours homie lol the chat ends at 4pm n u posted around 8:43
jus felt like throwin dat in there lol 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom