Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I plan on buying only 4 pairs of shoes or so in '13...and this is one of them...the sleekness is just speechless:

These are gorgeous. Do they come in brown by any chance?

We can. The folks are still debating on the make up, Prices expected to be around $700 to a little under a grand, depending on the leather used. Shell will be the most.

This is what is offered for the first round:

1. Black Calf with Black Dainite Sole
2. Burnished Tan with a medium brown leather sole
3. Burgundy Shell Cordovan with Leather sole (but maybe a lighter edge than the pictured boot?)
4. Navy Shell Cordovan with a medium brown leather sole
5. Snuff Suede with a medium brown leather sole

If you want more info on them or any other Carminas we want to custom order, you can check out this thread:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/277505/epaulet-x-carmina-mto/2115#post_6042723

Last edited:
We can. The folks are still debating on the make up, Prices expected to be around $700 to a little under a grand, depending on the leather used. Shell will be the most.

This is what is offered for the first round:

1. Black Calf with Black Dainite Sole
2. Burnished Tan with a medium brown leather sole
3. Burgundy Shell Cordovan with Leather sole (but maybe a lighter edge than the pictured boot?)
4. Navy Shell Cordovan with a medium brown leather sole

5. Snuff Suede with a medium brown leather sole

If you want more info on them or any other Carminas we want to custom order, you can check out this thread:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/277505/epaulet-x-carmina-mto/2115#post_6042723

I'm really looking forward to those three :tongue:

always always always tailored

QFT
any suit off the rack should be tailored, unless you simply don't care enough or the fit is just spot on which is pretty rare

This. Always take your suits to the tailor. When you're new to the suit game you might think I looks good but after you first tailoring experience you'll notice the difference.

Getting my Suit Supply suit from the tailor today :smokin 8)

Pretty sure I'll be getting a suit from them sometime in the future. Which one did you go with?

I have over a dozen suiting pieces from Suit Supplu so I can vouch for them. The quality is good and at my current statin life, the price point is perfect for a suits or blazers that I can wear when I go out on weekends without being upset if it gets spilled on or something. The fit is top notch and their various styles tend to fit everyone's taste.

Did you order online or go to the store? I've always gone to the one in NYC and since their GQ spread the in-store experience has changed. As the manager put it "It brought in a lot of riff raff" but I'm sure the outcome is more income for them so they can't be too mad. I can also say they're in-store tailoring prices are reasonable and the work is pretty good.

sorry man, i just can't get down with that fit.
if you wanted to do the vest/jacket underneath, i'd say either size up the blazer or unbutton next time. also the sleeves on the jacket are a tad too long. bring em back to the wrist bone.
thanks for the contribution though!

I still think wearing a bulky vest or jacket under a blazer looks weird and I wouldn't buy an oversized blazer just for that look. I recently bought a puffer vest and I'll wear it over other jackets, but not under.

Haha much love fam.

What I feel both of you are saying is that the trend of the puffer jacket is a tad off in terms of taste? Or is it just my fitting? (I'm wearing a full sweater underneath).

Fair point on the sleeves. That's 101. I don't use this jacket for any meetings but rather when I travel to the office or out and about. I take it off.

That being said, do you guys make the effort to tailor other jackets in addition to your suit jackets? And if anything does it tend to be more expensive depending on construction? And what do you do for length?

I wore a pea coat, sleeves were longer than wrist, should the sleeve of the pea coat be a tad longer than the cuff of your suit jacket underneath?

Last edited:
always always always tailored

QFT
any suit off the rack should be tailored, unless you simply don't care enough or the fit is just spot on which is pretty rare

This. Always take your suits to the tailor. When you're new to the suit game you might think I looks good but after you first tailoring experience you'll notice the difference.

Getting my Suit Supply suit from the tailor today :smokin 8)

Pretty sure I'll be getting a suit from them sometime in the future. Which one did you go with?

I have over a dozen suiting pieces from Suit Supplu so I can vouch for them. The quality is good and at my current statin life, the price point is perfect for a suits or blazers that I can wear when I go out on weekends without being upset if it gets spilled on or something. The fit is top notch and their various styles tend to fit everyone's taste.

Did you order online or go to the store? I've always gone to the one in NYC and since their GQ spread the in-store experience has changed. As the manager put it "It brought in a lot of riff raff" but I'm sure the outcome is more income for them so they can't be too mad. I can also say they're in-store tailoring prices are reasonable and the work is pretty good.

I got the Napoli fit in navy blue...my dad actually surprised me and said he'd get a suit for me as an early graduation gift so i was like :wow: :lol: But I have a scholarship event later on today and I'm gonna wear it so I'll post pics, I was actually surprised how well the fit was...I ordered it from the NYC store and had it shipped since they had 1 left in my size at the store but none online, it seems like awesome quality for the price though

Pissed as hell at J.Crew.

The posted the cashmere scarfs on sale the other day. Went to visit a location today hoping the markdowns were better in-store, only to find out they took them off clearance...>:

Pissed as hell at J.Crew.

The posted the cashmere scarfs on sale the other day. Went to visit a location today hoping the markdowns were better in-store, only to find out they took them off clearance...>:

So you're mad at a store because you were late on a sale? Get used to it :lol:

Hey DB guys....can anyone help me out with a stylish sherpa lined boot? :nerd: i'm going to DC next weekend and it's going to be freezing!!

Hey DB guys....can anyone help me out with a stylish sherpa lined boot? :nerd: i'm going to DC next weekend and it's going to be freezing!!

Let's see... DESERT boot. Many other stylish choices that are better suited for winter.

Or, just buy regular DB's and rock wool camp socks.

I got the Napoli fit in navy blue...my dad actually surprised me and said he'd get a suit for me as an early graduation gift so i was like :wow: :lol: But I have a scholarship event later on today and I'm gonna wear it so I'll post pics, I was actually surprised how well the fit was...I ordered it from the NYC store and had it shipped since they had 1 left in my size at the store but none online, it seems like awesome quality for the price though

Can the both of you post pics of yourselves in the suits from suit supply? i have been debating whether to go to them or just pick up a ludlow from j.crew.

DC really isn't that cold man, I'd just get a regular pair of Clarks and wear heavy socks, that way you can wear them when the weather gets alittle warmer as well.

A few ideas I thought of in regards to upcoming challenges:

Nightlife/Evening Attire: what people wear when the go out clubbing, to a lounge, bar, dinner, Vegas, date night etc... Im very interested to see how people dress when they go out

Winter Pallete: Incorporating Dark colors..Black, Navy Blue, Burgondy, Charcol, Dark Gray, Dark Green, other muted colors

Loafer Challenge: Monk straps, penny loafers, drivers, Tassel, etc

Spring/Summer footwear: White classic sneakers, loafers, boat shoes, suede bucks, drivers, and sandals

Spring/Summer casual wear: tailored shorts, linen, chambray, polos, chinos, etc

Chino Challenge: Rocking Chinos in many different ways..Casual, Dressy, Formal, Biz Casual

Last edited:
DC really isn't that cold man, I'd just get a regular pair of Clarks and wear heavy socks, that way you can wear them when the weather gets alittle warmer as well.

thanks for the replies ALL....and i'm from So Cal...it's been freezing here so if it's the same temperature in DC then i'll be OK, but i'm hearing it's supposed to snow. either way, i want to be prepared!

Back
Top Bottom