Dressing Better Vol 2.0

For those you in humid temperatures and are tired of sweating out your good stuff. Try Uniqlo's dry polos. I have handled many other brands from high to low end and Uniqlo is by far the best I polo's I have ever handled. The black is really deep, rich and non-ashy.

Dang at the Adrian gif. 2 shadez!

Looks like Epaulet will start carrying Vass shoes soon. Will start saving up pennies now :lol: Vass shoes are entirely handmade, and lots of folks never got around to buying a pair because it's a hassle. I don't think there are any stockists in the U.S. and they are not that cheap. I think they're all at least 700 Euros.

That's great news. Vass Shoes are amazing, a great product. I did not know that they were expanding at this rate, good marketing I suppose. They've recently redesigned their boutique here in Budapest and I must say it's impressive.
The shoes themselves range from 500 to 600$. That is if you don't want custom measuring, in that case it'll rise to about 750-800$.

That's great news. Vass Shoes are amazing, a great product. I did not know that they were expanding at this rate, good marketing I suppose. They've recently redesigned their boutique here in Budapest and I must say it's impressive.
The shoes themselves range from 500 to 600$. That is if you don't want custom measuring, in that case it'll rise to about 750-800$.
Mike is over in Austria among other places right now to work with local artisans and Vass. They travel a lot to work with smaller companies like them. If it wasn't for Epaulet, I probably wouldn't have Carminas still. Vass is a beloved brand on SF for sure, but the hassle is too great especially since I don't know their sizing and returning will probably be costly and problematic.

I'm surprised Adrian hasn't requested for the DBNT team to upload a vid on IG yet since he's curious to know how we all sound. He called me last week and I thought about putting on a Scottish accent to throw him off.

WOW, is this László Vass from Budapest? I did not know he was still around. I remember wearing these as a young lad. I had a black pair and a brown pair. I remember going to there shop with my mom. That brought back many tragic memories.

i've been keeping an eye on that. havent gotten a pair yet tho. i have way too many pairs of unworn raw denim just sitting in the closet
:lol: Wear one at a time until you blow out the crotch or get a rip elsewhere, man!

gonna cop some denim desert boots i saw since i missed out on the lebrons :lol:

also finally went to AE to see my size.. gotta save for a few wingtips.. or hopefully they do a sale like the one they had a month or 2 ago down the road

Was graduation for my senior class today, first kids I ever taught as 9th graders, caught a flight to Orlando right after so I'll post pics later tonight.

Also gotta thank the Thrift God Adrian for the Church tassel loafers he found for me at a GREAT price!

Im sure everyone is familiar with the Ronnie Fieg Mercer pants...I was wondering if there were any other brands that make similar pants or ar these the only type of their kind? If there are others can I get some brands/sites? (my bad if already discussed)

Sorry for the long read:

So today isn't about what I wore, how well things fit or didn't fit, it is about them, my students and celebrating not only their accomplishments this year but their accomplishments all 4 years and that many more they will achieve in 4 years from now. Their journey isn't over, it has just begun.

Today, was an exceptionally amazing day for me. 4 years ago I began my teaching career, straight out of grad school, my first class was to be the future Class of 2013. I was their Computer Applications teacher, they were fresh-faced freshmen and I was a fresh out of grad school teacher, my only teaching experience being a summer internship for 3 summers and student-teaching so granted I wasn't inexperienced but still my first full class, ever. They were scared and nervous, I was scared and nervous. I remember that year like it was yesterday, today I saw my children, now young adults, go.

As cliche as it may sound or may be as unbelievable and I really do mean that in a way that people don't believe it when it is said, I do consider these kids my children. I never thought that I would get attached to a group of teenage students, that it would always be all business, they come in, I teach them to the best of my abilities, they go home. But that's the thing about teaching, that's the thing about a good/great teacher, a teacher who cares, it doesn't end when you go home. I can't tell you how many of these students I've personally advised, dried tears, help mend broken hearts and broken homes or simply hugged because they needed that shoulder to lean on. They too were my solace, when I missed home; they took my mind of it, when my grandmother passed away, their was no other place I wanted to be at than with them...my happy place.

I am going to miss this particular group of students more than anything in the world, more than I ever thought I could or would. I was lucky enough to teach them one more time, this year as Seniors. Their last day in my class was by far the hardest day I've ever had a teacher. I told them a few simple things, that I was extremely proud of them, that they will always have a special place in my heart, my life and my career and that most important I love and will miss every single one of them, while choking back tears...I did this 3 times this day, 3 different periods. I'm proud to say that 100% of our students graduated high school, and that 100% will be attending college with 75% going to a 4-year university.

Today (same write up as here but with pictures at the bottom)
http://dressingbetterforless.blogspot.com/2013/06/wdiwt62213-graduation-edition.html

Last edited:
That's great to hear Sartega. I'm glad you invest so much time and effort with your students. They will always remember you.

Hi ! i have been reading this thread for about a week and im starting to like it 

I have a question for you im trying to find some loafers that are similar to this 

So it looks kinda like ferragamo , but with a budget 100 $ and under

Thanks !

WOW, is this László Vass from Budapest? I did not know he was still around. I remember wearing these as a young lad. I had a black pair and a brown pair. I remember going to there shop with my mom. That brought back many tragic memories.

oh wow, you lived in this area? (Sorry about the tragic memories...)
I want one of their shoes, but the prices are a bit steep for myself, just yet.

This is a really good read about quality shoemakers throughout the world, but not a fan of their 10 rules:

http://www.ebay.com/gds/A-Gentlemans-Guide-to-Dress-Shoes/10000000008530117/g.html

yeeah, those 10 rules...well I only truly disagree with the statement on suede and tassles.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom