Finally a licensed pharmacist!

Originally Posted by ricky409

Originally Posted by DC SOUNDS

i always wanted to become a pharmacist. back in college, i made the immature decision to do my undergrad in business administration/accounting because i didn't have the patience for 6 to 8 years of school. I sometimes regret it now. I ended up graduating, working for a Big 4 public accounting firm as an auditor, and got my CPA license. I'm 26 years old now and thinking about doing a total 180, and switching careers and pursuing my original dream. Thinking rationally, I would end up doing at least another 4 yrs of school, acquire a couple hundred grand of debt, and be at least 30 years old when its all said and done, it would be a lot easier to just stick around as a CPA in the field of financial reporting as I am now. I don't love accounting though, I see a lot of pharmacists who really see their career as something meaningful at he end of the day.....NT...anyone jump into pharmacy this late in the game, what do you guys think?

fambs... i'm WITH YOU 100%...

i'm finna be 22 in august... getting ready to get my marketing degree in august...

and going to knock out my MBA afterwards (got a scholly to play at a school for my last year of basketball, so i figure, why not gone ahead and get it)

but i'm SERIOUSLY thinking about applying for a pharmecy school as soon as i finish my MBA up...

might take me 6 years to get it...

but i'll have an MBA and pharmacy degree by the time i'm 30...

what yall think??

pharmaceuticals was my DREAM job field comin up... and switched cuz i didnt think i was good enough...

frown.gif
frown.gif
I used to work with a plastic surgeon in undergrad and he always told me that you can never have enough degrees. He had his MD/MBA and was KILLING it. If it's something you really wanna do, I'd say go for it.
And to OP, congratulations! I hope to be sharing this same feeling next year when med school is finally over and done with. 

Back
Top Bottom