For the NikeTalker's without kids, are you going to place your kids in a public or private school?

inb4 waiting for superman.
im still torn on this, since im planning to be a public school teacher.

inb4 waiting for superman.
im still torn on this, since im planning to be a public school teacher.

NewYork public school. /with my knowledge and past i can guide them in the right direction.

NewYork public school. /with my knowledge and past i can guide them in the right direction.

No where near thinking about having kids, but if I ever have any, they're definitely going to public. I want them to learn the difference between the good and the bad, and not to mention the exposure of what goes on out there.

No where near thinking about having kids, but if I ever have any, they're definitely going to public. I want them to learn the difference between the good and the bad, and not to mention the exposure of what goes on out there.

just curious what lessons do you think kids learn in ps that they cant in private schools?

just curious what lessons do you think kids learn in ps that they cant in private schools?

As far as life lessons, private schools aren't as vanilla as some of you people think, a lot, and I mean a lot of things went down just as much, if not more, than some nearby public schools.
So that reasoning is bunk.
I'm putting my kids through Catholic private schools from kindergarten to high school.

As far as life lessons, private schools aren't as vanilla as some of you people think, a lot, and I mean a lot of things went down just as much, if not more, than some nearby public schools.
So that reasoning is bunk.
I'm putting my kids through Catholic private schools from kindergarten to high school.

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

important life lessons learned in public schools >>>> uniforms

/thread

EXACTLY!

I want my child to get educated in academics as well as life. And wheres a better place to learn about life than in a Public School? Of course you can learn about life in a private school, but a PS is more raw IMO.

But who knows. Maybe my view on that may change when that time to send them to school actually arrives. At the end of the day it all depends.

/thread

EXACTLY!

I want my child to get educated in academics as well as life. And wheres a better place to learn about life than in a Public School? Of course you can learn about life in a private school, but a PS is more raw IMO.

But who knows. Maybe my view on that may change when that time to send them to school actually arrives. At the end of the day it all depends.

I've been to both. I'd want my children to have a similar experience.

But there are so many variables (e.g.: location, my finances, and what my wife would think).

I've been to both. I'd want my children to have a similar experience.

But there are so many variables (e.g.: location, my finances, and what my wife would think).

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

/thread

EXACTLY!

laugh.gif
 what kinda life lessons do you need as a kid? These "Life Lessons" should be from parents raising their child in the properly. Life Lessons are learned in college when you're let free from the restrictions of your parents or guardians. I'm not saying all public schools are bad, but here in America or at least here in CA, the vast majority of them are horrible. Plus kids will be kids regardless of public or private the important thing is the school having the power to get rid of the trouble makers. 

Back
Top Bottom