For the NikeTalker's without kids, are you going to place your kids in a public or private school?

Public, they'll learn through experience instead of me having to tell them. I feel like getting the initial guidance of basic right and wrong from my parents and going to public school's my whole life has taught me a lot in all the positive ways. Learning from other people's mistakes as well as my own.

Public, they'll learn through experience instead of me having to tell them. I feel like getting the initial guidance of basic right and wrong from my parents and going to public school's my whole life has taught me a lot in all the positive ways. Learning from other people's mistakes as well as my own.

Public school... Easily...

Learning life lessons is something public school gives a plethora of....

Not to mention most private schools are not much better education-wise than public schools.. Unless you go to a top of the line private school (which let's face it, almost all of us wouldn't be able to afford).

Public school... Easily...

Learning life lessons is something public school gives a plethora of....

Not to mention most private schools are not much better education-wise than public schools.. Unless you go to a top of the line private school (which let's face it, almost all of us wouldn't be able to afford).

Public... private schools are sheltering your kids. Let em live & learn. Plus private school takes too much money.

Public... private schools are sheltering your kids. Let em live & learn. Plus private school takes too much money.

Look at you soft *** future parents. Ok, yeah if you lived in Compton or some of the worst areas in the U.S then i understand about a private school. But why would you even move in a terrible neighborhood anyways if you want to raise a family?

Look at you soft *** future parents. Ok, yeah if you lived in Compton or some of the worst areas in the U.S then i understand about a private school. But why would you even move in a terrible neighborhood anyways if you want to raise a family?

Originally Posted by sarteaga0408

I'm a public school teacher and it honestly depends on where I live. Let me start by saying that I teach in the South Bronx and that I teach at a Public Charter School. However, I live in upstate NY...yea long drive.

Nonetheless, as a teacher, if I had a child, I'd do my research and look at testing scores and what-not. A private school does not equate to a good school, nor does a charter school equate to a good school, so always, always, always and I mean always, do your research!So I guess my answer would be, it depends. Would I send my child to the school I currently work at? Yes in a second.
I agree. It depends on the nature of the school, teachers, test scores, etc. and education should start before your child reaches the age of 5.

Originally Posted by sarteaga0408

I'm a public school teacher and it honestly depends on where I live. Let me start by saying that I teach in the South Bronx and that I teach at a Public Charter School. However, I live in upstate NY...yea long drive.

Nonetheless, as a teacher, if I had a child, I'd do my research and look at testing scores and what-not. A private school does not equate to a good school, nor does a charter school equate to a good school, so always, always, always and I mean always, do your research!So I guess my answer would be, it depends. Would I send my child to the school I currently work at? Yes in a second.
I agree. It depends on the nature of the school, teachers, test scores, etc. and education should start before your child reaches the age of 5.

Grammar school probably a private. High School, if I have a son and I remain in the NYC area then he's going to my alma mater which was a private school.

Grammar school probably a private. High School, if I have a son and I remain in the NYC area then he's going to my alma mater which was a private school.

Originally Posted by taimaishu123

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

important life lessons learned in public schools >>>> uniforms

/thread

this public sets you up for street smarts. book smarts you can always learn on the way.
This logic is horrible. The whole point of school is a scholastic education. Not for "street smarts" 
I would want to put my kids in private school. I've gone to both, and while public school is more fun, my grades were much better in private school. 

/thread

this public sets you up for street smarts. book smarts you can always learn on the way.
This logic is horrible. The whole point of school is a scholastic education. Not for "street smarts" 
I would want to put my kids in private school. I've gone to both, and while public school is more fun, my grades were much better in private school. 

Originally Posted by hella handsome

/thread

They're going to need street smarts when they hit the real world

Can't shelter them forever

Always the dudes who come from some secluded place and get a real shock, on some "
eek.gif
this didn't happen in private school"
laugh.gif

I've been to both and I gotta say, public school >>> private school. You learn more about real life and I've met plenty of people who graduated from private school who are stupid as hell (some girl told me one time that Alaska was a country
30t6p3b.gif
)

I've been to both and I gotta say, public school >>> private school. You learn more about real life and I've met plenty of people who graduated from private school who are stupid as hell (some girl told me one time that Alaska was a country
30t6p3b.gif
)

Originally Posted by hella handsome

/thread

They're going to need street smarts when they hit the real world

Can't shelter them forever

Always the dudes who come from some secluded place and get a real shock, on some "
eek.gif
this didn't happen in private school"
laugh.gif

This is a great question because I was just thinking about this the other day, I think I'd put em in private. I mean I've been in a private school pretty much all my life in LA and the people are pretty much the same. The public schools out in the OC are nicer but the kids are pretty much all the same. So no matter where you put them in the LA county, you'll have the same kids with the same mentalities. Maybe not as aggressive/violent but you should never put your kids into that kind of environment to begin with.

This is a great question because I was just thinking about this the other day, I think I'd put em in private. I mean I've been in a private school pretty much all my life in LA and the people are pretty much the same. The public schools out in the OC are nicer but the kids are pretty much all the same. So no matter where you put them in the LA county, you'll have the same kids with the same mentalities. Maybe not as aggressive/violent but you should never put your kids into that kind of environment to begin with.

never thought of that, but, i know the private school i went to i would NOT want anyone i know going there, and the public schools are trash in my area, =/

Back
Top Bottom