For the NikeTalker's without kids, are you going to place your kids in a public or private school?

if my kid needs the attention and focus that a lower teacher student ratio in private schools have, then yes. but if he learns like me than public all the way

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Originally Posted by Manglor

Depends on the state/city/neighborhood.
x2

This

Originally Posted by ForeverDecember21

A Public School w/ a good reputation in the suburbs ...
Very likely...
Originally Posted by raffstyleXX

School starts at home.

eek.gif

This is a gem.

pimp.gif

A good public school. Had this debate with some friends not too long ago and it was agreeded upon that public school is where social skills are developed

A good public school. Had this debate with some friends not too long ago and it was agreeded upon that public school is where social skills are developed

Public.
I'm not going to be one of those educators who is all about equity and social justice in public schools, while sending their kids to a private

Public.
I'm not going to be one of those educators who is all about equity and social justice in public schools, while sending their kids to a private

Originally Posted by YouMadYouBad

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

important life lessons learned in public schools >>>> uniforms

/thread

EXACTLY!

I want my child to get educated in academics as well as life. And wheres a better place to learn about life than in a Public School? Of course you can learn about life in a private school, but a PS is more raw IMO.

But who knows. Maybe my view on that may change when that time to send them to school actually arrives. At the end of the day it all depends.

laugh.gif
 what kinda life lessons do you need as a kid? These "Life Lessons" should be from parents raising their child in the properly. Life Lessons are learned in college when you're let free from the restrictions of your parents or guardians. I'm not saying all public schools are bad, but here in America or at least here in CA, the vast majority of them are horrible. Plus kids will be kids regardless of public or private the important thing is the school having the power to get rid of the trouble makers. 
exactly, these dudes dont know what they talkin about...i was in a private school prek-8th grade, and HS and i came out just as fine
laugh.gif

only diff is i know i got in a lot less trouble/behaved better than most of my friends from  a public school, thats about it..not much of a difference
grin.gif

As of right now, I think I will do private school till 6-7th grade. Letthem get the best educational base they can get, then time to get witregular society...no matter the pros/cons IT ALL STARTS AT HOME.
funny you should mention this.  My cousin and I were JUST talking about this today
laugh.gif

he said there are a lot less "punks" or none at all in elementary...after that(6-
glasses.gif
its just a bunch of tough kids trying to get at the weaker ones

as for me, if money is right, I'd like them to go to  a private school pre-k-8th grade...its just a great bond you have when you graduate with all your friends you were growing up with..im in college now, and still communicate with some of my friends from 8th grade, enough to call them my best friends still

Originally Posted by YouMadYouBad

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

important life lessons learned in public schools >>>> uniforms

/thread

EXACTLY!

I want my child to get educated in academics as well as life. And wheres a better place to learn about life than in a Public School? Of course you can learn about life in a private school, but a PS is more raw IMO.

But who knows. Maybe my view on that may change when that time to send them to school actually arrives. At the end of the day it all depends.

laugh.gif
 what kinda life lessons do you need as a kid? These "Life Lessons" should be from parents raising their child in the properly. Life Lessons are learned in college when you're let free from the restrictions of your parents or guardians. I'm not saying all public schools are bad, but here in America or at least here in CA, the vast majority of them are horrible. Plus kids will be kids regardless of public or private the important thing is the school having the power to get rid of the trouble makers. 
exactly, these dudes dont know what they talkin about...i was in a private school prek-8th grade, and HS and i came out just as fine
laugh.gif

only diff is i know i got in a lot less trouble/behaved better than most of my friends from  a public school, thats about it..not much of a difference
grin.gif

As of right now, I think I will do private school till 6-7th grade. Letthem get the best educational base they can get, then time to get witregular society...no matter the pros/cons IT ALL STARTS AT HOME.
funny you should mention this.  My cousin and I were JUST talking about this today
laugh.gif

he said there are a lot less "punks" or none at all in elementary...after that(6-
glasses.gif
its just a bunch of tough kids trying to get at the weaker ones

as for me, if money is right, I'd like them to go to  a private school pre-k-8th grade...its just a great bond you have when you graduate with all your friends you were growing up with..im in college now, and still communicate with some of my friends from 8th grade, enough to call them my best friends still

I'm a public school teacher and it honestly depends on where I live. Let me start by saying that I teach in the South Bronx and that I teach at a Public Charter School. However, I live in upstate NY...yea long drive.

Nonetheless, as a teacher, if I had a child, I'd do my research and look at testing scores and what-not. A private school does not equate to a good school, nor does a charter school equate to a good school, so always, always, always and I mean always, do your research!So I guess my answer would be, it depends. Would I send my child to the school I currently work at? Yes in a second.

I'm a public school teacher and it honestly depends on where I live. Let me start by saying that I teach in the South Bronx and that I teach at a Public Charter School. However, I live in upstate NY...yea long drive.

Nonetheless, as a teacher, if I had a child, I'd do my research and look at testing scores and what-not. A private school does not equate to a good school, nor does a charter school equate to a good school, so always, always, always and I mean always, do your research!So I guess my answer would be, it depends. Would I send my child to the school I currently work at? Yes in a second.

I've been to both. I def didn't learn much in private school, it was basically my parents buying my way through high school. plus, public schools are a lot more entertaining.

I've been to both. I def didn't learn much in private school, it was basically my parents buying my way through high school. plus, public schools are a lot more entertaining.

Basically. That's all you really need. Get yourself a neurotic PTA with clout and your set.

Basically. That's all you really need. Get yourself a neurotic PTA with clout and your set.

Back
Top Bottom