Found a atm card in the machine Vol. over 30k

So I went to the atm there was a man in front of me using the atm machine, after he finish I walked up to pull out a hot $20. I notice a receipt left in the atm I pulled it out and looked at hit (over 30k). On the screen it showed "would you like to make another transaction". I was thinking, this dude left his atm card still in the atm. I hit cancel and yelled at dude (he was around 100 feet away from me) you left your atm card in the machine. He came running back with the quickness saying, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK MAN! 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

P.S - I can't front, I thought for a second should I take out a $100. I just couldn't bring myself into doing it.
laugh.gif

You would have been prompted to re-enter his PIN.

Way to go though, you could have used that bad boy to stock up at Wal-Mart swiping credit and forging signature

you wouldve got caught on the camera... chances are u use that atm regularly... ::annoying law and order sound::: you wouldve gotten popped on fraud charges

ATM's, as far as I know, require you to enter a pin # even when it asks you if you want to make another transaction.
So unless you knew dudes pin, you more than likely were't going to get into his account.

Thumbs up for alerting dude though.

You did the right thing, plus there are cameras.. it would of been your %%%!

Originally Posted by majik214

You would have been prompted to re-enter his PIN.
This.
You did the right thing, the world needs more people with your honesty.

Good job.
pimp.gif

I could never allow myself to steal money from someone. Even if I knew I could get away with it.

Plus isn't there a camera on every ATM? They would've found you soon after.

But ignoring that you still did the right thing. Never feels good to take what someone else made for himself.

What atms require you to insert your card and leave it in there during transaction? Every one I have ever dealt with you just swipe your card or insert it then pull it out immediately in one motion. And when it asks for another transaction, you still have to put the pin in again anyways

I wouldnt do it. Cuz i wouldnt want anyone to steal 30k from me. thats how i see things before i do it.

I am pretty sure OP could've pulled money out without a pin because there are banks that don't require it if it's the type to take the card. OP is probably a banker there also. If OP had withdrew dude's money, he would've been caught by the camera.

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

What atms require you to insert your card and leave it in there during transaction? Every one I have ever dealt with you just swipe your card or insert it then pull it out immediately in one motion. And when it asks for another transaction, you still have to put the pin in again anyways
Not sure where OP banks at, but I bank with BoA and they keep your card in the machine until the transaction is complete. 

Back
Top Bottom