Give/Show examples of the decline of quality in Jordan retros...

Status
Not open for further replies.
simple because its hard to not care when you have spent the last 9-15 years or even more following a brand and then stopping its a shock

simple because its hard to not care when you have spent the last 9-15 years or even more following a brand and then stopping its a shock

Originally Posted by bittersweet

The quality of my Space Jams is perfect.

20156_1210929790607_1149600175_30544423_2719749_n.jpg

If you think that JB is failing you quality wise ... why continue to buy? Why even care?

Kids sizes have always been inferior to the mens sizes. But if u don't notice the difference, good for you.

20156_1210929790607_1149600175_30544423_2719749_n.jpg

If you think that JB is failing you quality wise ... why continue to buy? Why even care?

Kids sizes have always been inferior to the mens sizes. But if u don't notice the difference, good for you.

Know this, Nike will not put the same amount of expensive materials into any product than they did before. All of the special features on the OG VI are a great example, it is a process of understanding that they learn from their mistakes like any company, you will never see any shoe have 100% to even 85% of the same material, design, process of manufacturing, it is like any industry, know that a VI made in mid to late 1990 with the materials and process to manufacture would cost 3X today. So if you do not like what is released, do not buy the product, I do have real inside knowledge that 3 years ago, they wanted to make Jordan retros with OG materials with a premium, like the BIN 23 collection now (I know they really missed on that one) but they really were ready to push for it, then Humphrey said no. He really said no. It would have been DMP style packs of each year/shoe, so say a IV pack, Nike AIR and all that, $300-$350 retail, very slight modifications would have been made, (like the 23 inside the 2004 II) and the whole "We do not want to hurt the value to the collectors whom have the originals" argument is a lie. A lie. A lie. Remember back in 2002 when Humphrey said that the II could never be made again because they were made in Italy, and the original plates used to manufacture them were destroyed? Well, the next year, they retroed. They need Jordans marketing campaigns more than they need him, they need his legacy and old shoes to "remix" them in Puff Daddy fashion even. You will see so many ugly horrible shoes coming down the pipeline the next few years, the Michael Jordan legacy shoe wise is trashed, dispute that...

Know this, Nike will not put the same amount of expensive materials into any product than they did before. All of the special features on the OG VI are a great example, it is a process of understanding that they learn from their mistakes like any company, you will never see any shoe have 100% to even 85% of the same material, design, process of manufacturing, it is like any industry, know that a VI made in mid to late 1990 with the materials and process to manufacture would cost 3X today. So if you do not like what is released, do not buy the product, I do have real inside knowledge that 3 years ago, they wanted to make Jordan retros with OG materials with a premium, like the BIN 23 collection now (I know they really missed on that one) but they really were ready to push for it, then Humphrey said no. He really said no. It would have been DMP style packs of each year/shoe, so say a IV pack, Nike AIR and all that, $300-$350 retail, very slight modifications would have been made, (like the 23 inside the 2004 II) and the whole "We do not want to hurt the value to the collectors whom have the originals" argument is a lie. A lie. A lie. Remember back in 2002 when Humphrey said that the II could never be made again because they were made in Italy, and the original plates used to manufacture them were destroyed? Well, the next year, they retroed. They need Jordans marketing campaigns more than they need him, they need his legacy and old shoes to "remix" them in Puff Daddy fashion even. You will see so many ugly horrible shoes coming down the pipeline the next few years, the Michael Jordan legacy shoe wise is trashed, dispute that...

Originally Posted by thebeast23

@ BigBallinBruce....ur shoe dnt look yellow. it looks dirty witch alotta ppl get confused wit. notice how itw Yellow in only the spots where ur foot comes in contact

but the cheated us wit the leather material....i liked the old leather better

n the 01 molds were alot better.

and the padding was cheated as well

i do think the patent cut is very minor...may jusb tryna accomodate the new mold
Yeah but even when i clean the bottom, they are still yellow by the blue areas....i even have a deadstock pair of jams which have NO bumps, but are still yellowing already in the same spots as the ones i wear do....the DS ones are getting yellow around the blue area on the bottom. ANd I'm sure other peoples DS jams have started to yellow in that area too already. I wish they would have kept the DMP molds for the XI's in 2009 and beyond. That would be cool if they used the DMP molds on the Cool Grey coming out later this year.

@ BigBallinBruce....ur shoe dnt look yellow. it looks dirty witch alotta ppl get confused wit. notice how itw Yellow in only the spots where ur foot comes in contact

i do think the patent cut is very minor...may jusb tryna accomodate the new mold
Yeah but even when i clean the bottom, they are still yellow by the blue areas....i even have a deadstock pair of jams which have NO bumps, but are still yellowing already in the same spots as the ones i wear do....the DS ones are getting yellow around the blue area on the bottom. ANd I'm sure other peoples DS jams have started to yellow in that area too already. I wish they would have kept the DMP molds for the XI's in 2009 and beyond. That would be cool if they used the DMP molds on the Cool Grey coming out later this year.

Originally Posted by bigj505

I don't agree. For years, Kids' sizes have been superior, damn near similar to OG's with every release.

Quality has been good on every GS Jordan I've bought ... but every men size ... not so much.

I don't agree. For years, Kids' sizes have been superior, damn near similar to OG's with every release.

Quality has been good on every GS Jordan I've bought ... but every men size ... not so much.

Originally Posted by BigBallinBruce

But I see your Marlboro's, and if you smoke, or keep smoke by ANY of them clear soles, piss is all over the "ice"
sick.gif
because I am really sure that you know that air and or smoke, and especially smoke oxidizes your clear soles 5X easily.. I had to explain to my friend whom is such an idiot, he smokes 2 packs a day in his parents basement and has 200+ pairs stacked in the corner, no tape over the box holes even, and even if he did smoke outside (he does now) but the point is, he has two sets of the DMP, and both the XI and VI are nasty pissy MC Yella, and his DS pairs are starting to be almost as bad as the ones he wears, in my opinion, he deserves it, smoking that much for years, parents enabling all his vices and habits, at least his shoes match what he lives, my boy is 27, I had to rant about him somewhere, and now he can read it here, but yeah... NEVER smoke around your kicks if you dont want a quick MC Yella High School to NBA speed yuckie piss sole... I hope you do not smoke inside...
frown.gif
If you do then, well..
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
or
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

But I see your Marlboro's, and if you smoke, or keep smoke by ANY of them clear soles, piss is all over the "ice"
sick.gif
because I am really sure that you know that air and or smoke, and especially smoke oxidizes your clear soles 5X easily.. I had to explain to my friend whom is such an idiot, he smokes 2 packs a day in his parents basement and has 200+ pairs stacked in the corner, no tape over the box holes even, and even if he did smoke outside (he does now) but the point is, he has two sets of the DMP, and both the XI and VI are nasty pissy MC Yella, and his DS pairs are starting to be almost as bad as the ones he wears, in my opinion, he deserves it, smoking that much for years, parents enabling all his vices and habits, at least his shoes match what he lives, my boy is 27, I had to rant about him somewhere, and now he can read it here, but yeah... NEVER smoke around your kicks if you dont want a quick MC Yella High School to NBA speed yuckie piss sole... I hope you do not smoke inside...
frown.gif
If you do then, well..
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
or
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I don't agree. For years, Kids' sizes have been superior, damn near similar to OG's with every release
roll.gif

I don't agree. For years, Kids' sizes have been superior, damn near similar to OG's with every release
roll.gif

yeah my dude u were way off wit that one..even in ur pix i see the lil acne problem on em.....but i aint gon front the 11 looks like a different shoe with the different mold. the older retros and OG molds look WAY better. even the CDP molds werent as good as the OG's. i can honestly say the difference is so apparent that the 11 OG can be considered ugly to some as a retro cuz the shape is thrown of so much...but on the feet idc wat NOONE say they r still on point. but i like OG molds better...at least for 11's...i cant say da same for 12's tho lol

yeah my dude u were way off wit that one..even in ur pix i see the lil acne problem on em.....but i aint gon front the 11 looks like a different shoe with the different mold. the older retros and OG molds look WAY better. even the CDP molds werent as good as the OG's. i can honestly say the difference is so apparent that the 11 OG can be considered ugly to some as a retro cuz the shape is thrown of so much...but on the feet idc wat NOONE say they r still on point. but i like OG molds better...at least for 11's...i cant say da same for 12's tho lol

GS quality better than Men's size's quality? Rarely. Maybe a few instances. Like the anniversary 11s where the GS versions got blue-tinted soles. For the most part? No way. GS sizes have always been inferior. Sometimes they don't even have the same design. The 4s would be a perfect example of this. The differences stand out like an elephant among water buffalo.

GS quality better than Men's size's quality? Rarely. Maybe a few instances. Like the anniversary 11s where the GS versions got blue-tinted soles. For the most part? No way. GS sizes have always been inferior. Sometimes they don't even have the same design. The 4s would be a perfect example of this. The differences stand out like an elephant among water buffalo.

Uh my 09 spacejams are fine...and those CDP 11s look good to me lol its just the comfort on those that suck

Uh my 09 spacejams are fine...and those CDP 11s look good to me lol its just the comfort on those that suck

Originally Posted by udntnoeme01

well the anniversary 11's havin a blue sole has nothin to do wit quality...but as for the different design thats true.....but i would go farther then sayin sometimes cuz majority of the time it looks different

Originally Posted by udntnoeme01

well the anniversary 11's havin a blue sole has nothin to do wit quality...but as for the different design thats true.....but i would go farther then sayin sometimes cuz majority of the time it looks different

Originally Posted by RockwellFontana

sick.gif
frown.gif
If you do then, well..
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
or
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
LOL i smoke inside, but never in my room.........and i alwys keep the door closed withan air purifier running ll the time, so the air stays clean in there. should i keep a humidifier or de-humidfier in there? maybe i should turn my room into a humidor to keep the shoes in tip top shape hhahaaaa...............
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
< ME NOT in my room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom