Gun control vol. Alex Jones vs Piers Morgan

An assault rifle by definition is a select fire weapon meaning it can fire semi-auto and can be switched to a burst or full-auto. They have been heavily regulated since 1934 and the purchase of new assault rifles has been banned since 1986. So you were saying?
You know well they are talking about weapons like assault rifles not handguns not shotguns not hunting rifles quit playing dumb ar guy.Their is a reason why they are calling it an assault weapon tame the image the present is an assault rifle or an m4 .

Son you know they are talking about an assault rifle don't front and be ignorant.
Do you even know what an assault rifle is son?

It's any rifle that can fire a rifle caliber round at fully automatic.  All the semi-automatic rifles bought and sold in gunstores and at gun shows are NOT capable of full automatic fire unless one modifies them with additional parts which is a huge FELONY. 

The assault rifle terminology derived from Democrats trying to ban semi-automatic firearms.  The media simply uses it to get citizens in fear of those firearms and to demonize the gun owners who possessed them.

Have you looked at the bill for the new Assault weapons ban?  It's not going to pass in its current form.  No way does the ATF have the manpower to register every single grandfathered semi-automatic rifle, handgun, and shotgun.  It takes anywhere from 4-8 months for them to approve of people chopping a barrel down or to approve a suppressor sale.  Now add in millions and millions of firearms?  Not going to happen.  Also there would most likely be a fee and at 200 a firearm, many people cannot afford that.

I'm a gun rights supporter and the only reason I don't support any ban or registration is because it does not work effectively.  Norway has incredibly strict gun control laws but they had a school shooting that made Newtown look like nothing.  The previous assault weapons ban did not reduce gun crime and homicides continued to go down AFTER the ban expired, and it did not do anything to prevent Columbine.

You know well they are talking about weapons like assault rifles not handguns not shotguns not hunting rifles quit playing dumb ar guy.Their is a reason why they are calling it an assault weapon tame the image the present is an assault rifle or an m4 .

So because they look scary we should ban them? Tell me without looking it up, what does AR stand for and tell me what came first the M16 or the AR?

Son you know they are talking about an assault rifle don't front and be ignorant.
An assault rifle by definition is a select fire weapon meaning it can fire semi-auto and can be switched to a burst or full-auto. They have been heavily regulated since 1934 and the purchase of new assault rifles has been banned since 1986. So you were saying?
actually my good homie, a semi automatic gun is defined as a gun that doesn't have to be MANUALLY loaded like a revolver. each bullet firing STILL has

to be pulled by a trigger.

this "assault weapon" term is just a scare tactic.

My dude when I think of an assault rifle I'm think of damn m4 and guns like the armalite rifle its about design people don't like the fact that what appears to be a military grade machine gun is available. Me personally I don't care to remove these guns I don't live in a community with a penchant for school shootings I got police inside most of our schools and metal detectors those gun lobbyist nor do the folks opposing them care about what happens on Lamron ,st Louis,Compton or New Orleans so I don't care about them until they start spouting gibberish and talking all that my ancestors crap on tv and 1776 .

With Stewart, where were you disappointed? What would you have liked him to say?

He brought up how the discussion is always pushed onto other issues. Blaming violent movies, mental health failures, it "never being the right time" to discuss it, not attempting campaigns to raise awareness against gun violence, fear of the government "taking all the guns". I rarely hear gun advocates even admit there's an issue. You can still support gun rights and say "you know what, maybe there's something we can do to help".

It's a multi-faceted issue, but constantly I see the blame shifted away. Total blame on guns is of course unfair, but when the NRA and other advocates seemingly refuse to make concessions or even suggestions, the conversation dies before it even starts. And there needs to be a conversation, and I think that was one of Stewart's points.

But the conversation is guided by people who have no idea what the hell they're talking about. We have Dianne Feinstein writing gun legislation, what makes her the authority on firearms. She is obviously not a gun owner so what is it. You have people talking about the gun show loophole, when they've never been to a gun show. If they had been they'd know that 95% of sellers at gunshows are FFL holding dealers meaning they do perform the standard NICS check and it's already against the law to buy multiple guns with the purpose of reselling without a FFL.

Conversation to anti-gun folk means they want to lecture gun owners on how evil guns are and how we should ban the scary ones. I have also heard one reasonable argument from someone who's pro gun control.

Are you saying that being a gun owner or an "authority" on guns puts you in a better position to decide whether guns needs to be off our streets or not? Clearly being extensively trained with firearms does nothing to justify responsibility with these weapons, we hear about law enforcement and even soldiers overseas greatly abuse their power and kill via excessive force, cops moreso than troops (i was really referring to the shooting at a texas base, and that army dude that went on a rampage in afghanistan killing women and kids for no reason).

Background checks only do so much. it really doesn't curb the problem. Just because the guns were legally purchased (which im guessing the buyer passed the background checks) doesn't mean the wrong person with malice intent couldn't get their hands on said gun, whether it be family or friend.

Furthermore, I think its a tired excuse to use the 2nd amendment as justification to carry weapons that serve no purpose but to do massive amount of harm. Guns were made to kill with lethal intent, that ******** "guns don't kill people, people kill people" is stupid as ****. 2nd amendment is outdated with respect to our society, and in fact i believe its doing more harm than good.

actually my good homie, a semi automatic gun is defined as a gun that doesn't have to be MANUALLY loaded like a revolver. each bullet firing STILL has

to be pulled by a trigger.

this "assault weapon" term is just a scare tactic.

I know that, I've actually got to fire a true assault rifle. They have a selector that moves in at least 3 positions.

The term assault weapon is an invented term, anybody with a little firearm knowledge knows that.

My dude when I think of an assault rifle I'm think of damn m4 and guns like the armalite rifle its about design people don't like the fact that what appears to be a military grade machine gun is available. Me personally I don't care to remove these guns I don't live in a community with a penchant for school shootings I got police inside most of our schools and metal detectors those gun lobbyist nor do the folks opposing them care about what happens on Lamron ,st Louis,Compton or New Orleans so I don't care about them until they start spouting gibberish and talking all that my ancestors crap on tv and 1776 .

Oh, well since you don't want to restrict there ownership I have no problems with you. My apologizes if I came off as overbearing.

appearence =/= reality

da m16 and AR-15 IS NOT DA SAME WEAPON.

tell me whats da difference between a AR-15 and a desert eagle since one is being so villanized and one isn't.

they both fire da same rate with big *** bullets.

Well, I know the persons in this thread that do not own guns and probably never even held one for that matter.

Are you saying that being a gun owner or an "authority" on guns puts you in a better position to decide whether guns needs to be off our streets or not? Clearly being extensively trained with firearms does nothing to justify responsibility with these weapons, we hear about law enforcement and even soldiers overseas greatly abuse their power and kill via excessive force, cops moreso than troops (i was really referring to the shooting at a texas base, and that army dude that went on a rampage in afghanistan killing women and kids for no reason).
Background checks only do so much. it really doesn't curb the problem. Just because the guns were legally purchased (which im guessing the buyer passed the background checks) doesn't mean the wrong person with malice intent couldn't get their hands on said gun, whether it be family or friend.
Furthermore, I think its a tired excuse to use the 2nd amendment as justification to carry weapons that serve no purpose but to do massive amount of harm. Guns were made to kill with lethal intent, that ******** "guns don't kill people, people kill people" is stupid as ****. 2nd amendment is outdated with respect to our society, and in fact i believe its doing more harm than good.

Tell me what makes this

View media item 171354
deadlier than this.

View media item 171353
They only want to ban one of them, yet they both have been used in war. In fact one of them is very accurate out to nearly 900yds. One is powerful enough to take down bears while the other in some states you can't even use it to hunt deer because the round it fires isn't large enough.

How about these two.

View media item 174062
View media item 208794
One of these is in current use by our armed forces and the other is only used only by civilians.

What will penetrate fewer layers of drywall. An AR15 or a shotgun loaded with buckshot?

Looks can be deceiving and that's why I feel the way I do.

"By calling attention to 'a well regulated militia,' 'the security of the nation,' and the right of each citizen 'to keep and bear arms,' our founding fathers recognized the essentially civilian nature of our economy... The Second Amendment still remains an important declaration of our basic civilian-military relationships in which every citizen must be ready to participate in the defense of his country. For that reason I believe the Second Amendment will always be important."

A president you probably like said this.

Last edited:
appearence =/= reality

tell me whats da difference between a AR-15 and a desert eagle since one is being so villanized and one isn't.

Major difference is combat potential and weildability.Desert eagle isn't something you would bring into a Seige or any type of combat scenario as your main gun AR is .Dude I'm not about to listen to some fool who doesn't even own guns besides some 45 long colt.Son I hunt and hang out at the range with my army friends .You on the other hand do what aim at pigeons and make gun noises while your mom sits in the back wondering when your gonna move out .Desert eagle is pretty unwieldy kickback gets jammed easy and weight you want a lighter gun to bring in as a side not a heavy one that can break your wrist.I own a glock and a shotgun my pops gave to me cuz his arthritis prevents him from hunting and shooting as much.

Tell me what makes this
View media item 171354deadlier than this.
View media item 171353They only want to ban one of them, yet they both have been used in war. In fact one of them is very accurate out to nearly 900yds. One is powerful enough to take down bears while the other in some states you can't even use it to hunt deer because the round it fires isn't large enough.
How about these two.
View media item 174062View media item 208794One of these is in current use by our armed forces and the other is only used only by civilians.
What will penetrate fewer layers of drywall. An AR15 or a shotgun loaded with buckshot?
"By calling attention to 'a well regulated militia,' 'the security of the nation,' and the right of each citizen 'to keep and bear arms,' our founding fathers recognized the essentially civilian nature of our economy... The Second Amendment still remains an important declaration of our basic civilian-military relationships in which every citizen must be ready to participate in the defense of his country. For that reason I believe the Second Amendment will always be important."

People also believe that we live in a real life Jason Bourne movie where one bullet kills someone.

A woman a few days shot an intruder 6 times and ran out of ammo, and he still managed to get up and leave the house and is in custody. 6 times this dude was shot. 6

Now what if there were 2 or 3 of these intruders? Well, if there was a law limiting the amount of ammo in a regular handgun she would be **** out of luck, right? She should just sit, get raped, and wait for the police.

At the end of the day liberals gonna use this to say we need more government because that's what they want more power for themselves That isn't cool nor benefits me at all.

appearence =/= reality

More rounds per clip ,less recoil,a crap load more affordable and longer range desert eagle is a fashion statement this ain't duke nukem son you shoot that gun with even a slight turn in your wrist you will be wearing a cast if you don't hit your self in the head first.

Tell me what makes this

deadlier than this.

They only want to ban one of them, yet they both have been used in war. In fact one of them is very accurate out to nearly 900yds. One is powerful enough to take down bears while the other in some states you can't even use it to hunt deer because the round it fires isn't large enough.
How about these two.

One of these is in current use by our armed forces and the other is only used only by civilians.

People also believe that we live in a real life Jason Bourne movie where one bullet kills someone.

A woman a few days shot an intruder 6 times and ran out of ammo, and he still managed to get up and leave the house and is in custody. 6 times this dude was shot. 6

Now what if there were 2 or 3 of these intruders? Well, if there was a law limiting the amount of ammo in a regular handgun she would be **** out of luck, right? She should just sit, get raped, and wait for the police.
son was rockin da iron merm.
glasses.gif

5 guns they will be air jordan release demand if da ban starts catching steam...shows how pointless and made up "da assault weapon" term is.

What about Joe Scarborough champ??
It's like me saying there are Democrats against gun-control which is true but they are relatively few and far in between.

They're anomalies just like mass shootings and it is impossible to fully plan and account for them and one really shouldn't.

Back
Top Bottom