Hipsters Unappreciation

got a few at my college campus. i don't pay them no mind with their tight pants and wierd hair styles. let em do there thing.

Uptown is Minneapolis is pretty hipster ridden as well.
laugh.gif
I beg to differ about the pfunks though all the hipsters I know and see at school roll their own cigarettes. Everyone has a tabacco pouch papers and a bag of filters...
laugh.gif

Yeah, there are a lot of hipsters that "keep it real" by smoking Top. But the American Apparel hipsters smoke Parliaments and the veganssmoke American Spirits.

Originally Posted by ebayologist

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

ebayologist, you ever been to MCAD in minneapolis?
sick.gif
laugh.gif
Yeah, think of that on a slightly larger scale and some kids that are even more off the deep end and you have the School of the Art Institute of Chicago. Thats not to say they aren't talented. I just find their swag or lack there of humous...
laugh.gif

Uptown in Minneapolis is pretty hipster ridden as well.
laugh.gif
I beg to differ about the pfunks though all the hipsters I know and see at school roll their own cigarettes. Everyone has a tabacco pouch papers and a bag of filters...
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
my boys room mate is somewhat of a hipster, but he is too fat to be one really. hestays with a pouch of bali shag. dude is the target of all the jokes when we're drunk.
laugh.gif

i went to go look at some of my friends work with her at mcad one day. it was a huge bbq, for all the students and their guests. i got stuckplaying ping pong with a dude wearing safety glasses.
smh.gif

i usually just stray away from uptown all together. unless i am at calsurf you wont see me up there. was too many herbs, uptown lost its appeal 10 years ago.

By saying I don't believe in black hipsters, that doesn't mean that I haven't encountered black people with the hipster M.O.

I just feel like a black hipster is an impossible thing to be. One of the inherent traits of hipsterism is white privilege. No amount of Vampire WeekendEP's or Satin Charmeuse looks-vintage-but-isn't-vintage jackets can overcome that.

Originally Posted by hugebird

By saying I don't believe in black hipsters, that doesn't mean that I haven't encountered black people with the hipster M.O.

I just feel like a black hipster is an impossible thing to be. One of the inherent traits of hipsterism is white privilege. No amount of Vampire Weekend EP's or Satin Charmeuse looks-vintage-but-isn't-vintage jackets can overcome that.

I agree.

studded leather jacket with Leftover Crack lyrics painted on

I never thought I'd see the day when someone made a reference to Leftover Crack on NT. Wow.

And while we're talking about hipsters can we talk about the irritating fixed gear bike virus infecting hipster cesspits like Williamsburg?

I live in Greenpoint (2 min walk from williamsburg)

O MAN. ITS CRAZY HOW MANY HIPSTERS THERE ARE

Originally Posted by Zen Baller

studded leather jacket with Leftover Crack lyrics painted on

I never thought I'd see the day when someone made a reference to Leftover Crack on NT. Wow.

Yeah. I went there.
And while we're talking about hipsters can we talk about the irritating fixed gear bike virus infecting hipster cesspits like Williamsburg?
Admittedly, I think fixies are pretty cool, but they have gotten very trendy recently. I blame KingLouis.

but do you hate them equally for everything else they do?
Yes. Race has very little to do with my distaste for hipsters. It's not like I hate white people.

Admittedly, I think fixies are pretty cool,

Oh no, we're losing her.....

but they have gotten very trendy recently.

It's very hard for me when i see some chubby dude in a flannel shirt huffing away on a goddamn track bike. YOU NEED GEARS.

Originally Posted by Zen Baller

Admittedly, I think fixies are pretty cool,

Oh no, we're losing her.....

but they have gotten very trendy recently.

It's very hard for me when i see some chubby dude in a flannel shirt huffing away on a goddamn track bike. YOU NEED GEARS.

roll.gif

I feel where you coming from Nyelectric but F***it let them do them ya dig?
Yeah, I do dig, and I tend to be a "live and let live" type person, it's hard when it comes to hipsters for so many reasons.

I'm just sayin, unless you're a cyclist who trains A LOT or you're a professional bike messenger, you have no business on a fixed gear. Everythingelse about the hipster "look" i can just chalk up to this crazy "fashion" thing that some people seem to be into, but I just don'tunderstand why you would want to make riding a bike MORE DIFFICULT and MORE DANGEROUS just for the sake of appearance.

so can i make a post about how i hate people that wear baggy clothing? and people that wear suits? how about those guys that are always wearing glasses?what's with them?

eyes.gif

worry about yourselves. damn.

call it what you want, but it's just like racism. you don't like these people because of how they look and act...ask a racist why they don't likea certain group of people? same damn answer.

i suggest you all take a look at your morals and beliefs.

Originally Posted by blondsoccerplyr

so can i make a post about how i hate people that wear baggy clothing? and people that wear suits? how about those guys that are always wearing glasses? what's with them?

eyes.gif

call it what you want, but it's just like racism. you don't like these people because of how they look and act...ask a racist why they don't like a certain group of people? same damn answer.

I suggest you come to Brooklyn, for example, and see these people in action. It has a lot less to do with the way they dress and a lot more to do with theway they act, and the way they think.

so can i make a post about how i hate people that wear baggy clothing? and people that wear suits? how about those guys that are always wearing glasses? what's with them?

eyes.gif

call it what you want, but it's just like racism. you don't like these people because of how they look and act...ask a racist why they don't like a certain group of people? same damn answer.

please do not equate peoples dislike for hipsters to racism.

and another thing hate is used to liberal nowadays.

I'm movin to LA so I can go to Banana Split Sundaes @ Cinespace

Hipsterdom is taking over my life

Back
Top Bottom