How important is looks really?

Looks are important to get things started but after that I’m more concerned about sharing the same goals, interests in life. Also loyalty is big. Done smashed plenty of fine women that were not wifey material lol If your looking for a little fling here and there its 100% about looks.

I think looks mean more for men than women. Women care more about personality first (or money).

I used to be really picky about looks. Especially weight.

like it or not, looks are paramount. a person's appearance affects practically every aspect of their lives from their romantic prospects to their career paths.

people are overall nicer to better looking people, and what's more, they often develop a higher level of confidence from the constant affirmation.

it's not even fully a sexual thing...heterosexuals gravitate toward attractive folks of the same sex as well. look up the "halo effect" sometime.

people kiss cute babies more, hire folks with nice faces more readily, and are even more likely to assist them in an emergency situation.

these contentions are backed by science, and so an attractive woman can be a valuable resource for a stunning array of reasons.

...at least, that's my theory.

Looks aren't that important for the majority of ppl, just look at most ppl's wives/bm/girlfriends out of the people you know and be objective, it only makes sense because the vast majority of women aren't beautiful so there isn't enough beautiful women for most men

show me a man with an unremarkable wife and I'll show you a man who wouldn't mind if she looked better. it would likely be the first thing he would change about her.

besides, if looks aren't that important, why has every President since the television era been at least 6 feet tall and somewhat photogenic?

obvious exception is obvious, but he got by on raw white power which pretty much trumps everything at the moment.

Looks is the first thing you notice, so I'd say it's pretty important, and anyone saying otherwise is lying
I would say when a girl looks a guy, she looks for is the guy taller than her, is he well dressed, and is he confident looking. After that I don't think they're as picky as we are. So we have it a little easier.

That's the only way I can explain in my head some of the pairings I see out there (outside of money)

I would say when a girl looks a guy, she looks for is the guy taller than her, is he well dressed, and is he confident looking. After that I don't think they're as picky as we are. So we have it a little easier.

That's the only way I can explain in my head some of the pairings I see out there (outside of money)

talents like humor and creativity can go a long way, but the number one factor is physical attraction. only unremarkable looking people say looks don't matter.

W Bush is 5'11, and thats American Presidents, there are many world leaders of other countries that have been short etc.

show me a man with an unremarkable wife and I'll show you a man who wouldn't mind if she looked better. it would likely be the first thing he would change about her.

besides, if looks aren't that important, why has every President since the television era been at least 6 feet tall and somewhat photogenic?

obvious exception is obvious, but he got by on raw white power which pretty much trumps everything at the moment.

W Bush is 5'11, and thats American Presidents, there are many world leaders of other countries that have been short etc.

fine, W Bush is 5 foot 11.5, but I feel like you can give me half an inch in a trend spanning over 50 years.

fair to say that looks obsession is especially intense in American culture, but as far as I know like 90 percent of NT is American so I think my contention is still valid.

edit- Jimmy Carter was 5 foot 10, but come on.

JFK
LBJ
Nixon
Reagan
Bush I
Clinton
Bush II
Obama
President Donald John Trump (that phrase never gets less surreal).

Last edited:
Male looks don't matter as much as you get older. This comes from experience. I'm almost 34. Dating in my 20s was depressing. Dating in my 30s has been awesome. Good job and money help.

Also remember this: When you are so dead set on getting the super attractive girl who's a model or actress or whatever, always make sure to remember that for every ridiculously good looking woman, there is a miserable guy at home waiting for her. Focus on the connection over looks. Looks get old after a year.

Male looks don't matter as much as you get older. This comes from experience. I'm almost 34. Dating in my 20s was depressing. Dating in my 30s has been awesome. Good job and money help.

Also remember this: When you are so dead set on getting the super attractive girl who's a model or actress or whatever, always make sure to remember that for every ridiculously good looking woman, there is a miserable guy at home waiting for her. Focus on the connection over looks. Looks get old after a year.

are you dating 30 year old women who have also aged and therefore lost some of their ability to influence outcomes with their looks?

not that I don't agree on the significance of a fulfillng connection.

are you dating 30 year old women who have also aged and therefore lost some of their ability to influence outcomes with their looks?

not that I don't agree on the significance of a fulfillng connection.

I only try to date really attractive girls (IMO) so they're all doing something right. If a girl takes care of herself and eats well, they tend to look good no matter the age. I've dated girls in their 20s, 30s and 40s. Although they get a bit more "leathery" closer to 40. Again, money and a good job help with that (being jewish helps, too, especially in LA). But the best relationships I have had are the ones where I am best friends with my girl. The ones based solely on physical attraction end up fizzling out after a month.

Back
Top Bottom