How important is RELIGION in a Relationship?

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by 49ers650

I think they reflect on the persons life and what they did and say "you'll be missed"
Oh yeah I figured that but D thats it? No "hopefully we'll see you in Heaven and we can chill again"? Sorry if anyone gets offended but that seems empty.
ohwell.gif

well, that's life. so let it go. not everybody believes in heaven/hell so what's the point of hoping somebody else gets into heaven if you, yourself, don't believe in it.

That's your MINDSET. Not LIFE. We don't know for sure. My question is you all are content with just living X amount of years and then bam its over foreternity? For me it doesn't float my boat. I'm just trying to figure out what you all believe so I can better understand you. So if anyone is planningon arguing pump your breaks.

why does something need to be said period?

I mean like as a send off. God forbid but if something happens to your girl, your just going to say "I'll miss you" and she'll basically begone for ever to just lay in the ground? I mean this aint even a heaven or hell thing, this is more so of do you want more out of everything or do you justwant things to end here? Screw how you feel things will be, if you had it your way, would you want there to be a better place after this? Do you want to be ina place of peace or just lay in the ground to rot?
ohwell.gif

Remember, I'm trying to understand where you all are coming from, not looking for a fight.

I mean like as a send off. God forbid but if something happens to your girl, your just going to say "I'll miss you" and she'll basically be gone for ever to just lay in the ground? I mean this aint even a heaven or hell thing, this is more so of do you want more out of everything or do you just want things to end here? Screw how you feel things will be, if you had it your way, would you want there to be a better place after this?

True, religious or not, it's kind of a big deal. If anything, one who doesn't believe they will EVER seen that person again, shouldprobably have more of a reason to say farewell. But I also get the point that,in an atheist's mind, they're dead, so they won't hear what you say.

I mean like as a send off. God forbid but if something happens to your girl, your just going to say "I'll miss you" and she'll basically be gone for ever to just lay in the ground? I mean this aint even a heaven or hell thing, this is more so of do you want more out of everything or do you just want things to end here? Screw how you feel things will be, if you had it your way, would you want there to be a better place after this?
True, religious or not, it's kind of a big deal. If anything, one who doesn't believe they will EVER seen that person again, should probably have more of a reason to say farewell. But I also get the point that,in an atheist's mind, they're dead, so they won't hear what you say.

Yeah I know but to me, it feels like there should be more there. These are the people you love and care for and your only destination for them isa wooden box six feet in the damn ground? What if this said person is just an outright saint of a person, they don't deserve more after this world?

I think they reflect on the persons life and what they did and say "you'll be missed"
Oh yeah I figured that but D thats it? No "hopefully we'll see you in Heaven and we can chill again"? Sorry if anyone gets offended but that seems empty.
ohwell.gif

well, that's life. so let it go. not everybody believes in heaven/hell so what's the point of hoping somebody else gets into heaven if you, yourself, don't believe in it.

That's your MINDSET. Not LIFE. We don't know for sure. My question is you all are content with just living X amount of years and then bam its over for eternity? For me it doesn't float my boat. I'm just trying to figure out what you all believe so I can better understand you. So if anyone is planning on arguing pump your breaks.

I mean like as a send off. God forbid but if something happens to your girl, your just going to say "I'll miss you" and she'll basically be gone for ever to just lay in the ground? I mean this aint even a heaven or hell thing, this is more so of do you want more out of everything or do you just want things to end here? Screw how you feel things will be, if you had it your way, would you want there to be a better place after this? Do you want to be in a place of peace or just lay in the ground to rot?
ohwell.gif

Remember, I'm trying to understand where you all are coming from, not looking for a fight.

yes, i'm content with living x amount of years and then being gone forever.

True, religious or not, it's kind of a big deal. If anything, one who doesn't believe they will EVER seen that person again, should probably have more of a reason to say farewell. But I also get the point that,in an atheist's mind, they're dead, so they won't hear what you say.
Yeah I know but to me, it feels like there should be more there. These are the people you love and care for and your only destination for them is a wooden box six feet in the damn ground? What if this said person is just an outright saint of a person, they don't deserve more after this world?

i thought being a saint was because one wanted to be a good person.. not because you might get a prize at the end.

of course i'll say i'll miss you.. but why is anything else needed? she's a buddhist.. i'm not sure what they believe happens after death, butwhy should i say something pertainin' to that to her? i don't see why it's necessary

i'm not tryin' to start a fight either, just wonderin'..

i thought being a saint was because one wanted to be a good person.. not because you might get a prize at the end.
Here we go. I meant it the way in which being a good person because you love it, not because you want a prize at the end.

God forbid, what if your first born life ends at 7 or 8. Is that really all you want for them?

My question is, do you want more? Do you deep down want a better place for us all with no pain or sorrow?

of course i'll say i'll miss you.. but why is anything else needed? she's a buddhist.. i'm not sure what they believe happens after death, but why should i say something pertainin' to that to her? i don't see why it's necessary
OK I get you from that perspective. But one day this all has to end. Whether its reincarnation or whatever this all has to end. Basically I'mjust asking, do YOU want there to be more after all this? I mean for us to have so much pain here and injustice here, to me there has to be something of anatonement for each person. Everything has a beginning and a end in our realm so I'm sure this life has a expiration date.

Great. Then we're on the same page.

Here we go. I meant it the way in which being a good person because you love it, not because you want a prize at the end.

God forbid, what if your first born life ends at 7 or 8. Is that really all you want for them?

My question is, do you want more? Do you deep down want a better place for us all with no pain or sorrow?

but if there is nothing after death.. how can you have pain and sorrow?
lol what? only because i said i'd be content to live an x amount of years doesn't mean i want to die young. im just not living with false hope thatthere might be something past death. and thanks for giving my unborn's child's death age (for the record, im kidding.. i dont ever want children)

Originally Posted by jawnyquest

of course i'll say i'll miss you.. but why is anything else needed? she's a buddhist.. i'm not sure what they believe happens after death, but why should i say something pertainin' to that to her? i don't see why it's necessary

they believe in reincarnation, but correct me if i'm wrong. buddhism is one of the few religions i've actually been interested in me. but even aspeaceful as it is, too many "rules" to follow.

lol what? only because i said i'd be content to live an x amount of years doesn't mean i want to die young. im just not living with false hope that there might be something past death. and thanks for giving my unborn's child's death age (for the record, im kidding.. i dont ever want children)

Well the false hope thing is your opinion. But what made you believe what you do?

And
laugh.gif
. Why don't you want kids? They're cool until they getolder and start talking back
mad.gif

As I have mentioned on here before, my ex long term relationship was with someone of a non-Islamic background, Roman Catholic. But, we ere both nonpracticingand not as religious, then later we pretty both both become more Agnostic. His family accepted me and knew about me, my family never did. I just did not knowhow to bring it up to them. It caused a huge strain on our relationship and it was a big burden. I was dreading the day if we wanted to take it further and Ihad to tell my parents, it would have been chaos. I really do not know if I was ready for that.

I have only dated outside my background. However, because of my former relationship, for marriage, I will have to stick to someone who is Muslim. I am notputting another man through that whole ordeal (if he is not Muslim) if I am too chicken and not willing to tell my parents. He will probably be Arab too, sincemy parents would greatly mind if he was a non-Arab Muslim. As my dad said, do not step into the house if you ever bring a Non-Muslim or non-Arab Muslim.

I would date anyone of any faith, any race. But, for interfaith marriage, if both parties do not compromise, I can see how the issue of raising children tofollow a certain faith can be problematic. That is only if you make it a problem though.

lol what? only because i said i'd be content to live an x amount of years doesn't mean i want to die young. im just not living with false hope that there might be something past death. and thanks for giving my unborn's child's death age (for the record, im kidding.. i dont ever want children)

Well the false hope thing is your opinion. But what made you believe what you do?

And
laugh.gif
. Why don't you want kids? They're cool until they get older and start talking back
mad.gif

we'll i'm the eldest of my family so i've been around nothing but little kids all my life.. i've had enough of them.
and to answer your other question.. i've just never believed in a higher being.

And
laugh.gif
. Why don't you want kids? They're cool until they get older and start talking back
mad.gif

we'll i'm the eldest of my family so i've been around nothing but little kids all my life.. i've had enough of them.
and to answer your other question.. i've just never believed in a higher being.

You didn't shake em right. You gotta shake em as hard as humanly possible fresh out the womb while its still placenta on em. That'll fix em.
wink.gif

You didn't shake em right. You gotta shake em as hard as humanly possible fresh out the womb while its still placenta on em. That'll fix em.
wink.gif
No
NOO
Don't overestimate NTers RKO
glasses.gif

wink.gif
No
NOO
Don't overestimate NTers RKO
glasses.gif

laugh.gif
i didn't need to lay a hand on them for them to fear me. just give 'em the evil eye and dudes will stay in line

Nada. If he's throwin it down my throat though.. he can go straight to the door.

i wouldnt care to much about that i mean i mean i do believe in God but i dont think it would mess up my relationship with anyone

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

For me it's important. I want to be married in the Temple. And only baptized members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints who are in good standing and keeping the commandments can enter the Temple. If she's not any of those then unfortunately she won't be my wife.

So what if I wanted to become a member? I wouldn't be allowed in the temple?

Its starting to be a problem in my relationship right now..

My girl and her family are Christians and they always trip that I really dont believe in anything...

I treat her so good, I dont drink, I dont smoke, I dont club, I'm a pretty good guy
grin.gif

But she trips sometimes saying that a "Christian Man" would do certain things that I dont, and I be like "What?!" Most people that I knowthat are Christians (this is the people I know, dont wamt anyone to get offended) sin more then most people!

My family is Buddhist and my girl wants me to convert & be a Christian, I would tell her, would it be fair if I make her turn to a Buddhist?

But man she and her family be trippin some times, I love the girl, we been together for 5 years now and I go to church for her and everything, but I will notconvert to a Christian, because I feel it would be disrespectful to her and her family if I would just act like I believe when I dont..

What to do...ehh... who knows.. haha.. Religion causes too much problems sometimes..

Back
Top Bottom