How to make it in America(HBO series)

Very NT esque show. I will def be tuning into this. Just seen the first episode and can tell this will be another classic hbo series.

Just watched, I'm looking forward to it. Starts Feb. 14th, according to IMDB.

It's aight. First show didn't hit me like "damn yo, slammin!" like yall
eyes.gif
but hopefully it'll get better as time goes on. 

Sadly I'm more of a fan of TV then I am of supreme, dipset, art, and raw denim. So this show just doesn't do it for me.

I'm not sure what the appeal is of this show. It seems a bit transparent to me. Name dropping Japanese denim and NYLON magazine seems as forced as mentioning Bergdorf Goodman on Gossip Girl.

For 30 minute HBO programming is this supposed to be a comedy? If so then where were the jokes? "He who hesitates, masturbates" that was funny in 1999. And the main character talking about his OG 1's, even John Stossel said Give Me A Break.

Next time I feel like seeing forced hipster fashion BS i'll open up a Complex magazine.

You guys are too easy, this is crap televison.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

It's aight. First show didn't hit me like "damn yo, slammin!" like yall
eyes.gif
but hopefully it'll get better as time goes on. 

I'm guessing you are in Cali? NYC>CALI
laugh.gif

Show looks good.

I would have to say the writers frequent this forum.  Might as well call it nike talk

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Cudi can't act though.
How can you tell? 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 Really though, he had such a minor part that you cant even judge his talent off of that. We'll just have to see as the show proggresses.

Just finished watching it and it was pretty good. I can definitely see myself watching it in the future. Cudi seemed a little extra though....but none the less cool.

Just finished watching it and it was pretty good. I can definitely see myself watching it in the future. Cudi seemed a little extra though....but none the less cool.

Originally Posted by iequalratings

Sadly I'm more of a fan of TV then I am of supreme, dipset, art, and raw denim. So this show just doesn't do it for me.

I'm not sure what the appeal is of this show. It seems a bit transparent to me. Name dropping Japanese denim and NYLON magazine seems as forced as mentioning Bergdorf Goodman on Gossip Girl.

For 30 minute HBO programming is this supposed to be a comedy? If so then where were the jokes? "He who hesitates, masturbates" that was funny in 1999. And the main character talking about his OG 1's, even John Stossel said Give Me A Break.

Next time I feel like seeing forced hipster fashion BS i'll open up a Complex magazine.

I agree with some of these points. 

It's still a pilot so hopefully some of the seemingly forced references are toned down, hopefully it gets a lot funnier because there were only a couple funny moments, and we'll see how they handle some storylines.  I'll be checking it out and has potential, but nothing great yet.

cudi trying to be drake.......reminds me of my time in NY, also reminds me why I left.....

Originally Posted by bmorekicks

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by Ouch my feet

The first episode is trying too hard...Im sure it will ease in over the season
Agreed. They tried to pack in way too much for a pilot. I'm sure it'll slow down as the show progresses.

Thats what pilots do...they set up the basic outline of the show 
There was way too much going on for a pilot. Plus the script and acting was pretty discombobulated.

For 30 minute HBO programming is this supposed to be a comedy? If so then where were the jokes?
A 30 minute show doesn't have to be a comedy. In fact, in our ADD society, the 30 minute dramedy is the wave of the future. There might be some humorous moments, but it's not a sitcom.

its not a comedy.
but its all good, all you have to do is NOT watch it if it offends you this much
laugh.gif

and how is it being easy? just because it doesn't entertain YOU that doesn't mean it wont entertain us. does that make us any lesser of human beings?
cause that's how you're coming off about it
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by shaqtus92

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Cudi can't act though.
How can you tell? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Really though, he had such a minor part that you cant even judge his talent off of that. We'll just have to see as the show proggresses.

I enjoy dudes music, but even in those two brief scenes dudes camera presence was so awkward.  Doesn't surprise me, dude always seemed sort of awkward when he worked at Bape
laugh.gif

lol i was just about to post a topic about this. Digging the show so far, whens the next episode?

+$@@ is masterpiece theater, but god forbid we like something that involves a lot of the site's interest's.  I mean, is it in the same mode of Entourage where it is kind of some male fantasy of strugglin on the scene and blowing up?  Yea, but that doesn't mean it can't be good.  The acting is way better than Entourage already, I ***% with Greenburg and my man Victor Vargas
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom