If a FEMALE invites you to the movies.... UPDATE PICS (Pg.2) Final Update pg.14

Some people are just thinking clearly. It has nothing with "being a man" or a gentleman by paying for dates.
You can pay for most of that after she's your girlfriend. Because at that point your more inclined to be taking care of her, not to say you're paying for everything.
Explain to me the harm of not paying? Oh you're an *#*+$+$ because you didn't shell out money for her? Let your personality and actions speak for your character not your willingness to open your wallet.

Some people are just thinking clearly. It has nothing with "being a man" or a gentleman by paying for dates.
You can pay for most of that after she's your girlfriend. Because at that point your more inclined to be taking care of her, not to say you're paying for everything.
Explain to me the harm of not paying? Oh you're an *#*+$+$ because you didn't shell out money for her? Let your personality and actions speak for your character not your willingness to open your wallet.

I just hate how some of you are trying to paint a dude that decides to pay more of a man/human being as if he has some sort of moral badge attached to that act.

Like I said, when do you put your foot down. At what point do you not come out the pocket? Or do you simply keep it up to maintain the image of being a man with "standards."

And for you that keep saying, "It is just 7 dollars" ok and? It is the principal behind it. And you are right, there are tougher decisions in life which is why my instant answer would be NO. Not paying.

I just hate how some of you are trying to paint a dude that decides to pay more of a man/human being as if he has some sort of moral badge attached to that act.

Like I said, when do you put your foot down. At what point do you not come out the pocket? Or do you simply keep it up to maintain the image of being a man with "standards."

And for you that keep saying, "It is just 7 dollars" ok and? It is the principal behind it. And you are right, there are tougher decisions in life which is why my instant answer would be NO. Not paying.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

but you and others are trying to label someone as less of a man for paying for her. I'm not saying I'm more of a man for paying though

but you and others are trying to label someone as less of a man for paying for her. I'm not saying I'm more of a man for paying though

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

Thats basically prostitution because your paying for her company basically 
If she got a job and works why should you be paying for her ? shes not your daughter

Get to know her first and if things get serious then open the wallet for her thats all am saying 
/thread

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

Thats basically prostitution because your paying for her company basically 
If she got a job and works why should you be paying for her ? shes not your daughter

Get to know her first and if things get serious then open the wallet for her thats all am saying 
/thread

I broke up with a girl over her inviting me to get some food and her expecting me to not only pay my way but hers top. Principalities.

I broke up with a girl over her inviting me to get some food and her expecting me to not only pay my way but hers top. Principalities.

Originally Posted by oidreez

THIS! I agree with points on both sides but you (DC) seem to have this idea that every man should act in a uniform way in order to assert his manliness. I like to believe that part of the responsibility of being a man is being able to make judgment calls from one situation to another. To simply say "at what point do you not come out of pocket?" implies that every person can't determine their own breaking point. Personally, I'm not gonna lose sleep if I buy a girl a movie ticket and the date sucks. Does this mean I'll be buying her Jimmy Choo's next week? Probably not. Why? Because I'm MAN enough to know when I'm going past my own, SELF-REALIZED limits.

*inb4 a DC tirade on how I have it all wrong

Originally Posted by oidreez

THIS! I agree with points on both sides but you (DC) seem to have this idea that every man should act in a uniform way in order to assert his manliness. I like to believe that part of the responsibility of being a man is being able to make judgment calls from one situation to another. To simply say "at what point do you not come out of pocket?" implies that every person can't determine their own breaking point. Personally, I'm not gonna lose sleep if I buy a girl a movie ticket and the date sucks. Does this mean I'll be buying her Jimmy Choo's next week? Probably not. Why? Because I'm MAN enough to know when I'm going past my own, SELF-REALIZED limits.

*inb4 a DC tirade on how I have it all wrong

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

See this I dont understand. She was your girl I'm assuming?

See this I dont understand. She was your girl I'm assuming?

Broke up with? Damn you didn't sniff out the type of girl she was before that happened? Interesting that it got that deep. What was her reasoning?  She couldn't take care of you? I don't understand this one

Broke up with? Damn you didn't sniff out the type of girl she was before that happened? Interesting that it got that deep. What was her reasoning?  She couldn't take care of you? I don't understand this one

You know what you do...make her go first to the ticket booth. That forces her to either pay for herself or pay for both of you.

*pats self on shoulder*

You know what you do...make her go first to the ticket booth. That forces her to either pay for herself or pay for both of you.

*pats self on shoulder*

i made this mistake letting the relationship drag on and i was simpin my *$! of paying everything for her (i swear never t0 s1mp again)
dont let it get to that point

i made this mistake letting the relationship drag on and i was simpin my *$! of paying everything for her (i swear never t0 s1mp again)
dont let it get to that point

It was early on in the relationship. It was the culmination of her showing true colors. That was just the final straw after a couple months.

It was early on in the relationship. It was the culmination of her showing true colors. That was just the final straw after a couple months.

I would just have some $$ ready if she didn't decide to pay for me and if she doesn't I would ask about it later that night.

I would just have some $$ ready if she didn't decide to pay for me and if she doesn't I would ask about it later that night.

Originally Posted by DimesLikeHefner

Pics
2ecgftf.jpg

34xizh0.jpg

Hubba-Hubba!
eek.gif

Go to the movies! then wife it! Spend as much text/phone time with her!
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom