If you're married or in a long term relationship please come in...

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by Sighfur

IMO, in order for marriage to work you have to reinvent the fun in your relationship every now and then. Such as finding new things that make you both happy. It can't be the same ol' "dinner date" or "lets go to the movies" ...cause' things will get old real fast. My wife and I try new things all the time, some get added to our idea of "fun" some things we never do again.

But doing things together isn't as critical as finding your own individual space. Being a functioning couple is dependant on being a functioning individual. Seperation is just as important to a relationship as companionship.

Most importantly, it all has to be effortless.
my dream relationship. I am calling ducktales on it's existence though
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif
Honestly the thing that takes most effort is trying to win arguments. We definitely aren't perfect. Plus, make up sex is always helpful.....

Originally Posted by kix4kix

IMO, in order for marriage to work you have to reinvent the fun in your relationship every now and then. Such as finding new things that make you both happy. It can't be the same ol' "dinner date" or "lets go to the movies" ...cause' things will get old real fast. My wife and I try new things all the time, some get added to our idea of "fun" some things we never do again.

But doing things together isn't as critical as finding your own individual space. Being a functioning couple is dependant on being a functioning individual. Seperation is just as important to a relationship as companionship.

my dream relationship. I am calling ducktales on it's existence though
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif
Honestly the thing that takes most effort is trying to win arguments. We definitely aren't perfect. Plus, make up sex is always helpful.....

Make sure you two do MARRIAGE COUNSELING before you actually get engaged.  It is very helpful, whether you do it threw your church or just doing a few sessions with a counselor.  Also, if she hasn't brought up marriage just yet, don't you rush yourself into getting an engagement ring just yet.  Not saying your girl should be putting pressure on you to get married but as a man you should kinda want your woman more exciting or more looking forward to getting married than you are as the man, meaning she should want it a bit more than you.

... if you can't imagine yourself without this girl ... the next step for me would be living together ... and after that you'll just know ... 

Truth.

Make sure you two do MARRIAGE COUNSELING before you actually get engaged.  It is very helpful, whether you do it threw your church or just doing a few sessions with a counselor.  Also, if she hasn't brought up marriage just yet, don't you rush yourself into getting an engagement ring just yet.  Not saying your girl should be putting pressure on you to get married but as a man you should kinda want your woman more exciting or more looking forward to getting married than you are as the man, meaning she should want it a bit more than you.

... if you can't imagine yourself without this girl ... the next step for me would be living together ... and after that you'll just know ... 

Truth.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by paegk

I've been with my girl for 12 years.  We got engaged 9 years ago and we've been living together for about 10 years.  If we get married that's cool but if we broke up it's nothing, on to the next.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

eek.gif
laugh.gif
 so much wrong.....

I've been with my girl for 12 years.  We got engaged 9 years ago and we've been living together for about 10 years.  If we get married that's cool but if we broke up it's nothing, on to the next.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

eek.gif
laugh.gif
 so much wrong.....

Wow, you sound dreamy. Your wife must be one lucky gal.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by KatieJade4

laugh.gif

Shut up and get back in the kitchen and cut my brownies into perfect squares.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Maybe I will after you get done washing the dishes
smile.gif

laugh.gif

Maybe I will after you get done washing the dishes
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Retro23J

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

eek.gif
laugh.gif
 so much wrong.....

Gotdamn...

trust me your lady has one foot out the door already.

Originally Posted by Retro23J

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

eek.gif
laugh.gif
 so much wrong.....

Gotdamn...

trust me your lady has one foot out the door already.

laugh.gif

roll.gif

laugh.gif

roll.gif

Damn. 12 years and been engaged w. her for 9 years, and if you break up w. her it'll be nothing? thats crazy so why even get engaged?

Damn. 12 years and been engaged w. her for 9 years, and if you break up w. her it'll be nothing? thats crazy so why even get engaged?

I've been with my girl for over 4 years now. I believe she's the woman that will be with me for life. The next step, for me, would be to get engaged and live together before the "I do's" are exchanged.

I've been with my girl for over 4 years now. I believe she's the woman that will be with me for life. The next step, for me, would be to get engaged and live together before the "I do's" are exchanged.

Originally Posted by Young Soy Two3

Arranged marriage ftw.

Originally Posted by Young Soy Two3

Arranged marriage ftw.

Wow. There's absolutely no way in hell...

I noticed a lot of people are actually encouraging living together before marriage. Do you all feel it's a good thing to help truly determine the strength of a relationship? I've been with my boyfriend for almost 3 years and we've discussed the "what if's" as far as moving in together, but I've just always been wary of the idea.

Back
Top Bottom