is it Really Not OK to Not Know who Paul McCarteny Is???

Ok so we established who he is, for people who want to get into his music or get a feel for his sound what should one listen to?

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Originally Posted by sillyputty

.....interesting points made.

.....however, i can tell you, when i was exposed to greats like The Isleys, Al Green, James Brown, etc. it wasnt through the radio thats for sure. the radio back then did what the radio does now......play the same top 40 songs over and over and over.

...i dont quite remember how i came upon those artists i listed, but when i did i liked it and looked for more. i sure didnt discount it or mock it by calling it 'my grandfathers music' while moving on to something new, thats for sure.

For every name you list, I can show you a longer list of artists you've NEVER heard of and ask why you don't know them. 

*sigh*

.....you probably could. the difference between me and them though?

....the difference is if you showed me that list, my response would NEVER be:

"who? aw man thats @%$@ is old who cares?"

or

"that came out before i was born, it aint got @%$@ on this new stuff im listening to...."

or

"how am i supposed to know about artists that came out before i was born?"

NEVER in a million years.

i'd keep my mouth shut until i looked into said artist for myself and thanked whoever put me on......

....if you were reading you'd see that ive pointed this difference out twice already.

.....yeah, and this is coming from the same guy that said

Scott Storch just made pop songs that no one will really remember like that. 

...yeah bruh, you kinda suck at this music thing. maybe you should stick to religious threads?

Bruh, I first of all I was referring to the stuff Storch did OUTSIDE of the Roots. 
Second of all, if a teenager doesn't care or want to know who Paul McCartney is...SHE HAS THAT RIGHT.

You can't FORCE someone to respect the past like that. She doesn't HAVE to if she doesn't want to. 

What good for the geese isn't good for the gander.

If I hear some music in the past that I don't like, I don't HAVE to like it just because its old. I don't care like that bruh. 

I happen to like old jazz music...but that doesn't mean 14 year old Becky HAS to love it. What don't you understand about that?

If she wants to take a dump on it, she has that RIGHT to do so.

For every name you list, I can show you a longer list of artists you've NEVER heard of and ask why you don't know them. 

*sigh*

or

"that came out before i was born, it aint got @%$@ on this new stuff im listening to...."

or

i'd keep my mouth shut until i looked into said artist for myself and thanked whoever put me on......

....if you were reading you'd see that ive pointed this difference out twice already.

Scott Storch just made pop songs that no one will really remember like that. 

...yeah bruh, you kinda suck at this music thing. maybe you should stick to religious threads?

Bruh, I first of all I was referring to the stuff Storch did OUTSIDE of the Roots. 
Second of all, if a teenager doesn't care or want to know who Paul McCartney is...SHE HAS THAT RIGHT.

You can't FORCE someone to respect the past like that. She doesn't HAVE to if she doesn't want to. 

If I hear some music in the past that I don't like, I don't HAVE to like it just because its old. I don't care like that bruh. 

I happen to like old jazz music...but that doesn't mean 14 year old Becky HAS to love it. What don't you understand about that?

.......and i too feel no one is obligated or HAS to like something just because it's old, genius.

^ WHAT PART ABOUT THAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?

.......you know, you have a real problem with reading and comprehension. i told you, stick to the religious threads, you suck at this.

......here it is again genius, this time in bold, highlighted, and underlined for your remedial @@@:

.....its more about:

[color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]having an open mind that you dont know everything and willing to learn[/color]
[color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]
vs. [/color]
[color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]
taking a glance at an artist that came out before you were born and brushing them to the side like coming out before you were born takes away from the music[/color]

^ thats it and that's all. read no more into that than what's there.

*sigh*

or

or

.......and i too feel no one is obligated or HAS to like something just because it's old, genius.

.......you know, you have a real problem with reading and comprehension. i told you, stick to the religious threads, you suck at this.

......here it is again genius, this time in bold, highlighted, and underlined for your remedial @@@:

.....its more about:

[color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]having an open mind that you dont know everything and willing to learn[/color]
[color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]
vs. [/color]
[color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]
taking a glance at an artist that came out before you were born and brushing them to the side like coming out before you were born takes away from the music[/color]

Dude...why are you so mad?

No one HAS to appreciate the past. If she doesn't want to learn about old music, thats her prerogative.

Thats it. 

A willingness to learn is NOT the same as learning about music your dad used to listen to.

No one is OBLIGATED to do that...and on top of that you need to chill out.

How do I suck at this...you're mad that no one cares who Paul McCartney is...thats no one's fault or responsibility. Thats it. End of story. 

It would be NICE if people paid attention to it...but its not a mandate...and no one HAS to do a double take at something they've never heard of.

You recognize this...but you're STILL mad about it. Let it go bruh. 

I will not be mad if Diggy Simmons never listened to ATCQ or Rakim...Why should I? Dude is doing his damn thing with or without them. It is what it is.

It would be NICE...but oh well. 

I don't understand why dudes even curse on NT ...its not like it goes through the spam filter. 
roll.gif

^ Stop with the all-bold, size 24 font. 
Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

Originally Posted by PLVN

Please entertain me Shoe F. Baby.

If Paul McCartney isn't a music god then who is?

*fingers crossed for Kanye.

Paul M alone is not a "music god"
You refuse to realize that its the beetles that are known at large, lets keep it real and ask everyone here to name a only Paul M song.

No beatles, no MJ, NO stevie wonder.

Off my head I can only think of two. "maybe Im amazed" and his" Have a merry christmas"

I dont think anyone one is a music god
He was roughly 50% of the creative force behind the best and most well-respected band of all time.
He may not be a "god," but he is an icon/legend/hall of famer/visionary. 

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Ok so we established who he is, for people who want to get into his music or get a feel for his sound what should one listen to?
I know I'm missing some obvious great songs (there are many, many more where these came from) but here is a diverse sampling of some of his best songs, imo.

Paperback Writer
Eleanor Rigby
Back in the U.S.S.R.
Helter Skelter
Maybe I'm Amazed
Calico Skies
Jet
Let Me Roll It
Band on the Run
Why Don't We Do it in the Road?
I'll Follow the Sun
Here, There and Everywhere
I've Just Seen a Face
Yesterday
I've Got A Feeling
Get Back
All My Loving
Lovely Rita
She's Leaving Home
Got to Get you into My Life
Flaming Pie
Hey Jude

.....its more about:

[color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]
vs. [/color]
[color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]

Dude...why are you so mad?

No one HAS to appreciate the past. If she doesn't want to learn about old music, thats her prerogative.

Thats it. 

A willingness to learn is NOT the same as learning about music your dad used to listen to.

No one is OBLIGATED to do that...and on top of that you need to chill out.

How do I suck at this...you're mad that no one cares who Paul McCartney is...thats no one's fault or responsibility. Thats it. End of story. 

It would be NICE if people paid attention to it...but its not a mandate...and no one HAS to do a double take at something they've never heard of.

You recognize this...but you're STILL mad about it. Let it go bruh. 

I will not be mad if Diggy Simmons never listened to ATCQ or Rakim...Why should I? Dude is doing his damn thing with or without them. It is what it is.

It would be NICE...but oh well. 

I don't understand why dudes even curse on NT ...its not like it goes through the spam filter. 
roll.gif

sillputty, do you spend all day on nt? i swear every single thread i check you've added your two cents

I didn't know who Paul was either. Yea heard his name here and there but never cared.
Never was a Beetles fan but i'm somehow expected to know the names of all the members 
eyes.gif

I guess my opinion on music isn't valid on Niketalk, how disappointing. 

Originally Posted by maicolkickhead

I didn't know who Paul was either. Yea heard his name here and there but never cared.
Never was a Beetles fan but i'm somehow expected to know the names of all the members 
eyes.gif

I guess my opinion on music isn't valid on Niketalk, how disappointing. 
Come on man. You're just showing your ignorance.
Not knowing who Paul McCartney is like not knowing who James Brown, Bob Dylan or The Rolling Stones are. 

So does anyone know the names of anyone in Queen?

Who IMO are >> The Beatles.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bamez

So does anyone know the names of anyone in Queen?

Who IMO are >> The Beatles.
pimp.gif
Who could not know about Freddie Mercury or Brian May?  
pimp.gif

"Mama... oooooh-ohhhhh" gives me goosebumps every time
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

A lot of people didn't know who Paul was on the Grammy's. 
30t6p3b.gif

Freddie Mercury is the best vocalist of all time, period. Come at me.

Back
Top Bottom