Is the era of the 50-60+ point scorers over in the NBA?

I think part of the reason we don't see a lot of 50-60 point scoring nights is because a lot of the better players these days are point guards. 

Kobe is still capable of putting 60 in a given night.

Lebron can get 50.  So can Wade. 

Has Carmelo ever got 50 ever?  I can't remember. 

And I'm sure a random player can get 50 on occasion. 

I think part of the reason we don't see a lot of 50-60 point scoring nights is because a lot of the better players these days are point guards. 

Kobe is still capable of putting 60 in a given night.

Lebron can get 50.  So can Wade. 

Has Carmelo ever got 50 ever?  I can't remember. 

And I'm sure a random player can get 50 on occasion. 

Helllllllloooooo, people, quit posting Brandon Jennings did it ONCE, or Andre Miller ONCE had a 50, he's asking,

WILL WE SEE MULTIPLE 50's-60's FROM THE SAME GUY(s) IN A SEASON anymore? 

He didn't ask if we will ever see a 50 point game again, of course we will, he's asking if a guy will ever have 10 in a season, or 8, or 12, or whatever number MORE THAN 1. 

Stop listing 1 and done's please. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

One look at scoring this year will tell you, players are not gunning for buckets this year as much as they are going for postseason hype.  3 guys above 25ppg.  THREE.  A few years ago we had like 4-5 above 30, and another 3-4 over 25 per.  Some of it is players being on the same team, some it's a lack of high minutes to get enough shots up, one (Durant) is a little tired and hasn't hit the throttle just yet, another wants to be  moved and isn't risking himself for a team he wants off of. 

So OP was asking if we'll ever get a season like a few years ago, where Gil, Kobe, Bron, Iverson, or TMac would drop 50 seemingly once a week.  Couple years ago, it felt like there was a 50 game every other day. 
laugh.gif

Helllllllloooooo, people, quit posting Brandon Jennings did it ONCE, or Andre Miller ONCE had a 50, he's asking,

WILL WE SEE MULTIPLE 50's-60's FROM THE SAME GUY(s) IN A SEASON anymore? 

He didn't ask if we will ever see a 50 point game again, of course we will, he's asking if a guy will ever have 10 in a season, or 8, or 12, or whatever number MORE THAN 1. 

Stop listing 1 and done's please. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

One look at scoring this year will tell you, players are not gunning for buckets this year as much as they are going for postseason hype.  3 guys above 25ppg.  THREE.  A few years ago we had like 4-5 above 30, and another 3-4 over 25 per.  Some of it is players being on the same team, some it's a lack of high minutes to get enough shots up, one (Durant) is a little tired and hasn't hit the throttle just yet, another wants to be  moved and isn't risking himself for a team he wants off of. 

So OP was asking if we'll ever get a season like a few years ago, where Gil, Kobe, Bron, Iverson, or TMac would drop 50 seemingly once a week.  Couple years ago, it felt like there was a 50 game every other day. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by CP1708

a season like a few years ago, where Gil, Kobe, Bron, Iverson, or TMac would drop 50 seemingly once a week. 

I need to see stats on this. I don't believe

If I remember right, there were about 19 50+ point games in the 06-07 season.  There's about 22 weeks in a season give or take.  Hence, about 1 a week, seemingly of course, it wasn't actually one a week. 
wink.gif

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by CP1708

a season like a few years ago, where Gil, Kobe, Bron, Iverson, or TMac would drop 50 seemingly once a week. 

I need to see stats on this. I don't believe

If I remember right, there were about 19 50+ point games in the 06-07 season.  There's about 22 weeks in a season give or take.  Hence, about 1 a week, seemingly of course, it wasn't actually one a week. 
wink.gif

Damn those Kobe streaks were awesome. I just watched Kobe's 62 in 3 quarters against the Mavs. To me much more impressive than 81.

Damn those Kobe streaks were awesome. I just watched Kobe's 62 in 3 quarters against the Mavs. To me much more impressive than 81.

Originally Posted by ONEFORALL

Yeah I miss koME Bryant.
Good times.
ohwell.gif

Yeah I miss koME Bryant.
Good times.
ohwell.gif

all you really need is the green light, alot of teams are still searching for their identities. There are alot of players that I know of that can do it if they went out and was allowed 25-30 fg attempts.

all you really need is the green light, alot of teams are still searching for their identities. There are alot of players that I know of that can do it if they went out and was allowed 25-30 fg attempts.

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

Yeah I miss koME Bryant.
Good times.
ohwell.gif

Well he had horrible team. Atleast he gave the fans their money's worth. But you're a Spurs fan so arguing with you about Kobe is useless. 

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

Yeah I miss koME Bryant.
Good times.
ohwell.gif

Well he had horrible team. Atleast he gave the fans their money's worth. But you're a Spurs fan so arguing with you about Kobe is useless. 

I'm convinced a lot of people on here speak way before they even think about what it is that they are saying. It's as though it's "cool" to make statements that are just absolutely false
laugh.gif

I'm convinced a lot of people on here speak way before they even think about what it is that they are saying. It's as though it's "cool" to make statements that are just absolutely false
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

laugh.gif

I always do that. 
laugh.gif
 The moment i'm pressing post i start thinking what the hell did i just wrote and still press post.

Back
Top Bottom