Israel declares War - Destruction of Gaza / Growing conflict in Middle East

These posts are important because they highlight the double standard with which this conflict is covered in the West (and really, everywhere else).

The Israeli government is full of religious right wingers intend on making all of historic Palestine a Jewish state. Hamas took advantage of the inattention of Israeli leaders who were more focused on elevating Jewish religious issues over everything else, to the point where they aimed to take control of and weaken their supreme court. That is not Democratic. And yet, all of Israel's allies continue to describe the country as THE only democracy in the Middle East.

There is a hypocrisy here that needs to be called out. More people need to know about the military service exemption for religious folks in Israel, settlers' treatment of Palestinians in the West Bank, and the origins of Likud and other extremist parties that dominate the Israeli political scene.
I see what your saying. I assumed that everyone understands when people groups are involved, whatever flavor or variety, are never all good or all bad. But I believe what your saying is these posts serve as a reality check to those who have chosen a side and believe that they are " the good guys". I can understand that position.

I am curious on the thoughts from more of the pro Israeli, Zionists here.

What's the consensus on Israel's ground invasion of Gaza?

I am just reading more from the pro Palestinian, or some analysts saying they can't beat a war against Hamas, but especially Hezbollah, on the ground. Thoughts?

I read that today Israel warned Gazans to evacuate south or they'll be deemed terrorists and legitimate targets. Like they weren't already though??? This is just to get them all the way down south after slaughtering them and traumatizing them for life for the next phase in the ambitions to take over northern Gaza (if it succeeds).

Last edited:
Bombing a Christian church should be war between Israel and Christians, but Christians won’t think about attacking Israel—and they know this.

Gavin Newsom went to Israel to meet with families of hostages and said “my heart goes out to Israeli’s everywhere who live in constant fear for their lives”

This is Hunger games brought to life.

This past 2 weeks have made me so cynical. The world is a ****ed up place

1697940201886.png

Also, how is the West so obsessed about Hamas' tunnels like it is very unique? Ukrainian fighters have tunnels too. Also, the Hamas tunnels are very deep underneath and usually can evade bombardments. The issue now is that the hostages are most likely down there, including IDF commanders.

I think the urban warfare is going to be very hard and difficult to beat, and another level if if Hezbollah enters.

For those that always say but "but HaMaS!", as an excuse to justify Israeli's brutal violent aggressions. What about the West Bank, where there's no Hamas there, so why do they get keeping getting killed, dispossessed, and subjugated to a brutal violent oppression and attacks?

For those that always say but "but HaMaS!", as an excuse to justify Israeli's brutal violent aggressions. What about the West Bank, where there's no Hamas there, so why do they get keeping getting killed, dispossessed, and subjugated to a brutal violent oppression and attacks?
“WeSt BaNk SuPpOrTs HaMaS!”

Smh

Israel also closed down Al-Jazeera offices today I think.

There's also a power dynamics, imbalance and asymmetry, where the occupied see the need to resist the brutal violent occupation, and the occupier and colonial entity sees it as it has to reinforce its violence and occupation on the oppressed.

The issue I have with the Palestinian struggle is that its leaders have behaved as if this asymmetry didn't exist, and from a strategic standpoint, this approach hasn't served them well. That's the main difference between this issue and the liberation movements it's often compared to.

The reality of territorial disputes is that what's morally right may and sometimes do take a backseat to military power/alliances. This should have been baked in the long term approach (for example, by not endangering your neighbors' foreign policy for your own benefit), especially since you need power to enforce international law, the US foreign policy apparatus is 100% behind Israel, and nobody can check the US militarily. In contrast, the Apartheid SA government was under international sanctions, and the risk of black nationalist movements was a credible threat to the US government

For Palestine, trying to regain lost territory or force Israel to the negotiation table through violence doesn't look like a winning solution, especially since the Palestinian cause no longer seems to be part of other Arab nation's international calculations.
I doubt this is true...
Israeli’s military said the strike on the Al-Ansar Mosque early on Sunday killed several “terror operatives” from Hamas and Islamic Jihad who had been using the building as a command centre to plan attacks.
And:

At a pro-Palestine rally today in London, a "Gays for Palestine" group was prevented from participating in the march by pro-palestinian supporters. As an atheist, are you not worried about your ability to live in a Hamas-ruled Palestine?

Is what i’m hearing true? Israel not responsible for the hospital thing…seems like Canada released its statement after investigation.

that’s a bad look for the Palestinian side because a lot of the outrage support they were getting going to see a big recoil of see we told you that it’s all misinformation from Hamas and terrorists trying to paint us in that light (and the real stuff going to get brushed over).

The media/propaganda aspect of this war reeks of Iraq war/post 9/11 times.

The YouTube channel for the UfC literally spliced out Islam (mma fighters) post fight interview to not show his support of Palestine.

Its the tiny things

Literally didn’t know that the capital building was breeched by “Jews for Peace” group unless I saw it on Twitter. zero media coverage. CNN didn’t even have it anywhere on its website. Like ANYWHERE.

Protests have 0 coverage. Pro-Palestine protests banned. Etc.

The media/propaganda aspect of this war reeks of Iraq war/post 9/11 times.

The YouTube channel for the UfC literally spliced out Islam (mma fighters) post fight interview to not show his support of Palestine.

Its the tiny things

Literally didn’t know that the capital building was breeched by “Jews for Peace” group unless I saw it on Twitter. zero media coverage. CNN didn’t even have it anywhere on its website. Like ANYWHERE.

Protests have 0 coverage. Pro-Palestine protests banned. Etc.
The idiot mayor of Toronto shutdown and denounced a protest in support of Palestine a couple weeks ago. She kept referring it as a "pro Hamas" rally, absolutely disgusting. She claimed they didn't have a permit to protest. Thing is, you don't need a permit for a peaceful protest in the city of Toronto.

What's even more ironic, her late husband Jack Layton, actually went all the way to the Supreme Court in 1984 for that.

Anyone seen Rapaport instagram??
lol just saw it. And his twitter

Incredible the stupidity and double standard.
He said “99% of free Palestine protesters never said these two words in the lives til 2 weeks ago…something something October 7 was a terrorist attacj etc”

These guys all assume the e war starter 2 weeks ago. As if everything was 1000% roses til 2 weeks ago

“accused the U.S. of aiding the slaughter of innocent civilians”

seems that everyone is responsible for avoiding slaughter of innocent civilians except those same civilians.

self preservation.

you’ve had over 75 years to LEAVE, but refused to
Yup this is true

That’s why I don’t blame rapist. I blame the girl for being drunk at a party. You asked for it you *****! Amirite??

Did I do it right?? Please tell me

“accused the U.S. of aiding the slaughter of innocent civilians”

seems that everyone is responsible for avoiding slaughter of innocent civilians except those same civilians.

self preservation.

you’ve had over 75 years to LEAVE, but refused to

Best of luck.

Rapaport been a tool his entire life. He built a career on being a "stereotypical New Yorker" but nobody in NYC ever ****ed with him. His parents had money growing up and he lived in the Upper East Side but acts like he grew up in the trenches of Brooklyn or some ****. **** him and his lame *** views

Back
Top Bottom