Kanye West: King of the Sunken Place, "Watch the Throne"

I don't think he got to where he is by being overrated.
I mean it's OK if. You not a fan but let's not spit out lies

:lol:

Primo, Rza, Pete Rock, Large Pro, Finesse, Buckwild, Q-Tip, Marley Marl, Prince Paul, Dilla, Muggs, Dre, Alchemist, Just Blaze.......etc.... All better producers than Ye imo...
Everything about this cat is overrated...

Listing other great producers doesnt make him... not great :lol: Folks just using current sentiments and tryna change the narrative.

Hitler was a painter

You gonna talk about art making you feel different about a persons words and actions?

I actually kind of wonder what the response from Ye would have been if he was IMMEDIATELY challenged on that slavery line. No one in the room challenged it in the moment. Should have explained to him why it wasn't a choice and have him either defend his statement or repurpose it to properly make his point. That would have been better than a week of hate.

A lot of folks making money off of this though. I remember a few weeks back there was an article out saying Adidas would sign Kaep if he rejoined an NFL team. Flash forward to after Ye makes his statement and 100's more articles written about that comment, but shaped around the lens of Ye being on a contract with Adidas and Adidas not letting him go after his statements " But they want Kaep on an NFL team".

The comment was stupid as **** and can't be defended. But the amount of attention...the amount of distraction lol. Through the roof.

That Onion Article headline was on point. "America pretends to care about a black man's opinion"

People still listen to Chris Brown after seeing Rihanna’s face

People still listen to R Kelly

Can’t control what other people do but you can control your own actions and not support individuals you feel are wrong

Exactly. Someone earlier had said "Do you boycott Starbucks & Chic-Fil-A?"

Yes, yes I do. I know my money isn't worth much, but I actively support companies that try to treat people and our planet fairly, and skip the ones that don't. I haven't eaten McDonalds in 20 years because all of their ads seem to target populations most at risk to obesity (kids and urban dwellers). I'll never eat at Chic-Fil-A, Hobby Lobby can eat a ****, United Airlines can kick rocks, etc. Am I perfect with my economic activism? Nah... but I try to do as well as I can.

And this fool isn't getting one penny from me until he awakens from his sunken place, admits he's been a fool and calls out these white supremacist puppet-masters who've been pulling his mentally incapacitated strings for the last few weeks.

Yes, yes I do. I know my money isn't worth much, but I actively support companies that try to treat people and our planet fairly, and skip the ones that don't. I haven't eaten McDonalds in 20 years because all of their ads seem to target populations most at risk to obesity (kids and urban dwellers). I'll never eat at Chic-Fil-A, Hobby Lobby can eat a ****, United Airlines can kick rocks, etc. Am I perfect with my economic activism? Nah... but I try to do as well as I can.

And this fool isn't getting one penny from me until he awakens from his sunken place, admits he's been a fool and calls out these white supremacist puppet-masters who've been pulling his mentally incapacitated strings for the last few weeks.

Do you research everyone you give your money to? If you’re trying to only spend your money with the righteous, you’re gonna be a rich man.

Do you research everyone you give your money to? If you’re trying to only spend your money with the righteous, you’re gonna be a rich man.

Try to. While I can't do searches before I enter any establishment or spend my $$$, if I know a company has actively participated in some ****ery, they're on my list. And it's not necessarily a matter of "righteousness" - it's simply my personal Rule #1: "Don't be evil / an ***hole." Break that rule, and seeya...

Stuff like this always cracks me up. Trying to sound so righteous, mean while you wearing shoes made from a sweat shop. using a phone also made off the backs of low wages.
For all you know trump probably a silent partner in the grocery store you shop from.
Stop that

No, and I’ll be honest, they’re certain things that outrage some people that I really do NOT care about. With that said they’re some things that I reallly DO mind/care about. When that’s the case if what they produce isn’t an inherent necessity I’ll cut them off. I don’t feel everyone NEEDS to follow suit, I don’t feel the need to proverbially shout it from the mountain tops, but when asked and such I’ll let it be known.

Last edited:
***** you don't know me. GTF outta here.
Thanks for confirming what I said.

No, and I’ll be honest, they’re certain things that outrage some people that I really do NOT care about. With that said they’re some things that I reallly DO mind/care about. When that’s the case if what they produce isn’t an inherent necessity I’ll cut them off. I don’t feel everyone NEEDS to follow suit, I don’t feel the need to proverbially shout it on the from the mountain tops, but when asked and such I’ll let it be known.
This Answer makes way more sense. I feel where you're coming from with that.

I actually kind of wonder what the response from Ye would have been if he was IMMEDIATELY challenged on that slavery line. No one in the room challenged it in the moment.

He was challenged on several of his assertions and he responded by wanting to give hugs from the footage I saw.

Thanks for confirming what I said.

No, I confirmed nothing, clown. I told you to "Get. The ****. Outta. Here."

Nike (which I admit I'm not a huge fan of as a corporation) has taken steps to address the factory concerns - https://www.fastcompany.com/40444836/escalating-sweatshop-protests-keep-nike-sweating. And their charitable contributions and donations I do find admirable. As well as the outlets for equality they provide via BHM, LHM, Pride and N7 initiatives.

As for cellphones, point me to a sustainable, responsibly-sourced and produced phone, and I'll seriously consider it for my next phone.

But just because you have zero social responsibility doesn't mean you need to use false equivalence attacks on people who try to, because they don't meet some make believe arbitrary level of utopian perfection that you, oh holy one, have established.

So again....

Get.

The.

Outta.

Here.

Good job doing your Googles.
Apply that energy to the rest of your life now.
Good talk, peace love and soul

Good job doing your Googles.
Apply that energy to the rest of your life now.
Good talk, peace love and soul

closing-door-gif-8.gif

I swear, this thread has brought out some real champs these last couple weeks. Trolls looking to start **** just to start **** :smh:. When ppl post stuff like "Good morning, I feel like arguing today" or whatever Hennessey said a couple days ago, and when people come at you for trying to take some kind of a personal stance on things that have zero implications on their own lives... well, you know 'Ignore' function is gonna be getting a workout, lol.

I swear, this thread has brought out some real champs these last couple weeks. Trolls looking to start **** just to start **** :smh:. When ppl post stuff like "Good morning, I feel like arguing today" or whatever Hennessey said a couple days ago, and when people come at you for trying to take some kind of a personal stance on things that have zero implications on their own lives... well, you know 'Ignore' function is gonna be getting a workout, lol.
No no sir, you must live your life in 100% black and white or not at all, gotta keep the same energy. That is a very sensible and valid argument.

Back
Top Bottom