Kanye West: King of the Sunken Place, "Watch the Throne"

I always was intrigued by the “us” word that gets thrown around

Kanye isn’t for “us” anymore. His music isn’t for “us”, his clothes aren’t for “us”...

His music has got exponentially better if you ask me, but I also would never want to hear another college dropout type album. I’m ok with leaving things in the past

His clothes are priced comparably to most low tier lux brands

We need to stop putting so much weight on entertainer’s pov. I don’t think Kanye agrees with the bigotry that Trump portrays but i’m sure he agrees with the “free thought”, marketing ability and polarizing traits. I think he has purposely left tweets open ended to create the dialogue and also show how people have a hard time seeing things from views besides their own.

The key is nuance and as a society we clearly lack that. It’s us vs them and thats with almost every agenda that is a hashtag on social media.
why do you think it's an "us vs them" mentality?

I forget who it was, but someone told me Kanye was just a vessel for Rhymefest and Consequence lyrics. The accuracy was astounding.
It's true, his best verses were all from those two.

Diamonds
This Way Remix
Grammy Family

baffles the mind to see people holding him to some intellectual standard based off his old lyrics

First time seeing this.

2018 wild af

how is this news to you?

last year i was in a class with several 20 somethings, ages ranged from 20 to 28.

all of them had Kanye in their top 3, 5, whatever

they were devastated when i dropped the bomb on them

the 28 year old stuck his fingers in his ears on some LALALA!!

told me i just ruined his childhood

dudes were legit hurt

baffles the mind to see people holding him to some intellectual standard based off his old lyrics

how is this news to you?

last year i was in a class with several 20 somethings, ages ranged from 20 to 28.

dudes were legit hurt

It's not, I just never saw that video :lol:

why do you think it's an "us vs them" mentality?

The dialogue continues to be in that scope.

Look how everyone “canceled” chance because of his tweet yesterday. Everyone screams for inclusion but praises separation, which I fudamentally don’t agree with.

how is this news to you?

dudes were legit hurt

Very baffling. Not to mention, those “socially conscious” lyrics are just a small percentage of his lyrics overall. His writers weren’t even that adept. Average bars over great production with the aesthetic of a “genius” tied into it.

The greatest thing Kanye did was fool people to think he was some kind of musical genius. It allowed for him to get away with average *** music or straight trash because “you don’t get it yet”....its “genius”. The man been washed since 2010. 8 years. He just produced some great records then made good music for a 5 year stretch (with a ton of help) and branded himself as some forward thinker.

Nothing ye does surprises me. He’s the ultimate contrarian and gets off on **** like this. College dropout and late registration were dope though. But I BEEN seeing through this cat.

Not much there to me tbh.

Kanye isn’t for “us” anymore. His music isn’t for “us”, his clothes aren’t for “us”...

His music has got exponentially better if you ask me, but I also would never want to hear another college dropout type album. I’m ok with leaving things in the past

His clothes are priced comparably to most low tier lux brands

We need to stop putting so much weight on entertainer’s pov. I don’t think Kanye agrees with the bigotry that Trump portrays but i’m sure he agrees with the “free thought”, marketing ability and polarizing traits. I think he has purposely left tweets open ended to create the dialogue and also show how people have a hard time seeing things from views besides their own.

The key is nuance and as a society we clearly lack that. It’s us vs them and thats with almost every agenda that is a hashtag on social media.

kanye is co-opting MAGA, an ideology built on nativism/white resentment, thats where us vs them comes from. there is no nuance to that. the MAGA hat is close to becoming the current day Klan hood. so many hate crimes have been committed with that hat on the last two years, im sure its a coincidence.

kanye is co-opting MAGA, an ideology built on nativism/white resentment, thats where us vs them comes from. there is no nuance to that. the MAGA hat is close to becoming the current day Klan hood. so many hate crimes have been committed with that hat on the last two years, im sure its a coincidence.

Cultural appropriation?

291B32A9-6E7D-44E0-9E44-A552F387DAE2.png

Kanye was a genius though. Just like Dre. His ear for music, how he put albums together. Whether he wrote or not, made every beat or not, he was still the overseer of classic albums and songs.

I’ve had this same avatar since the Yeezus tour in 2013, gotta change it up now ..... I can’t rock with dude anymore at all.

I like how you made this an announcement instead just changing it. :lol:

I don’t consider it co-opting for wearing a hat.

Just like people wearing religious symbols for jewelry that they have zero belief in.

Kanye was a genius though. Just like Dre. His ear for music, how he put albums together. Whether he wrote or not, made every beat or not, he was still the overseer of classic albums and songs.

I like how you made this an announcement instead just changing it. :lol:

It’s Infinity War day and I’m on my way to see the movie, Infinity War is more important than changing an avy, it’ll have to wait til tonight lmao

I don’t consider it co-opting for wearing a hat.

Just like people wearing religious symbols for jewelry that they have zero belief in.

sure if he's trying to do the confederate flag thing again, switch up the meaning or whatever that would be misguided but better than rocking the hat cause he wants to show support to trump

Kanye used to rap like Cons and Rhymefest

Drake used to rap like Big Pooh and Phonte

Ya favorite rappers ain’t as ground breaking as many make them out to be

Can you elaborate on this further for me, i scratched my head a bit and only ask, since what i posted was quoted and what you wrote was engaging, but admittedly left me a bit confused.

Some opinions are closer to facts than others. We hide behind "free speech" to give them all the same value and in the process, allow bull**** thought processes to chip away at the mechanisms society built to separate what is true from what is false.

Back
Top Bottom