Knicks: No plans to trade, waive, buy out Marbury

but to expect the fans to watch two mediocre point guards for an entire season while a FAR better option rots on the bench in street clothes...get real.
Nah, I don't care to watch a 31 year old PG who won't be around next year play.

He's not 20 and 8 steph...

you wana win 33 games instead of say 28-29? I don't.

but to expect the fans to watch two mediocre point guards for an entire season while a FAR better option rots on the bench in street clothes...get real.
I have a pretty good feeling Knicks fans don't feel cheated by Marbury being inactive...

It's not like he's the difference between playoffs and Lottery... He's the marginal difference bad and really bad, and that's just not worththe headache of the distractions he brings with him...

%+#+%! up economy,biggest election in history to TRY to "save" the country, and Steph gets approximately $268,292 per GAME to NOT PLAY...... What abeautiful place the U.S. is
laugh.gif

I have a pretty good feeling Knicks fans don't feel cheated by Marbury being inactive...
laugh.gif
...oh, you'd be surprised.

And it disgusts me.

It's not like he's the difference between playoffs and Lottery... He's the marginal difference bad and really bad, and that's just not worth the headache of the distractions he brings with him...
Exactly.

I'm still waiting for ONE reason Steph can be beneficial for the future for this orginization going forward. Just one.

whether he is here next year makes no difference, do you want mardy and duhon here next year? i don't.

as long as we're trying to win games, i want to see steph. when we start playing for the future, i still don't want to see mardy and duhon out there.why would anyone?

like i've said before, we're rebuilding, but we're still trying to win games. we should play the best players. that's why zbo and q start,right? if that wasn't the case, why isn't chandler starting?

I can see the point that Knicks fans have as far as Marbury playing and I agree. I'm not a Knicks fan though, so I don't really care about ithurting/helping them. I just want to see him play somewhere, because I've always enjoyed Marbury since is GT and Minny days, and his career is rapidlydeclining.

what? i would say the majority does, and you would also, if you had to watch mardy collins and chris duhon every night.
It's not like he's the difference between playoffs and Lottery...
if we all thought that way, none of us would ever watch knick games, we would just say "what's the point?" as long as the fans ofthis franchise have to watch a sub par product, the least we can ask for is the best players to play.

well, whether we like it or not, they are going to be here next year, right?

Yall would rather not have Duhon here and have to give Steph an extension or just flat out not have a PG?

I hope not

As far as Zach and Q...Q has played in this system...he's actually somewhat of a leader. Zach...well, who else do we have as post players? And if nothingelse, he rebounds and score at times.

Zach can also have trade value...so you showcase him...I hope we all realize that doing that with Steph is just not an option.

Chandler will take a starting spot soon. I don't think there is much doubt about that.

If a new system, a new mentality is being cemented...why play a guy who won't be around nextyear and can't be traded this year?

If you wana win more games during a rebuilding process (and I mean just a few, Steph is not worth that many)...then I can't really say youshouldn't...I just don't agree with that train of thought.

if we were showcasing players, we would be playin curry regardless. he's 25 years old, and he's warming bench. q sucks. leader or not, there is noreason why should be starting. if we are rebuilding, chandler needs those 34 minutes a night. you say he'll get it soon, and i agree, that's my point.we're not tanking yet, we're still trying to win, which is why steph should be playing. and when this bum jeffries comes back, he's supposed to begetting minutes. it doesn't make sense.

if we're going to rebuild, we should stop wasting the fans time and patience and get on with it. stop giving false hope, and minutes to players whodon't need them.

Even if you don't like Steph, admit that he SHOULD be playing. Duhon is a bum. Nate is great off the bench but he has no wear near as talented as Steph is.You don't bench you're best PG.

Walsh doesn't agree with buyouts which is pure BS. They are doing Steph dirty. He was on the radio yesterday talking about how he wants to play. How wouldyou feel if you busted ya @%! all summer to get in shape because they asked you to and then you get benched? I give him crediting for keeping his cool cus ifthat was me, I woulda lost it.

I love it.

No, I'm nothing close to a Steph hater.

But I love it. Dude has been stepping on management's toes for a couple years. Now they're stomping on his.
laugh.gif

How would you feel if you busted ya @%! all summer to get in shape because they asked you to and then you get benched?
Should he be rewarded for that?

That is his job.

Just like it's D'Antoni's/Walsh's job to decipher what is best for this team. Look at their background, I'll go with them as opposed toSteph (look at his career success).

It's funny tho...everyone always was pleased with Isiah's moves when they first went down....Steph, Francis, ZBo.

And now everyone hates this..

Good sign.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Looking back at the last two years, I kind of liked Larry Brown. I kind of liked Larry Brown. I'm like, 'Man, I wish this guy was here to drill me now.'
laugh.gif

Yeah...he's doing everything right, right guys? Clamoring for another coach.

Please do not make him out as a victim.

For everything you may feel D'Antoni or Walsh are doing unfairly, Steph has a quote to deserve it.

I'm sure he could get 11,12,13 million for this buy out and go play somewhere else...and we're supposed to feel sorry for someone with THAT option?

He's dug his own grave, now he has to live in it.

Exactly. Dude is a bum. AND still making millions. Cry me a river.

Originally Posted by yungmatt

%+#+%! up economy,biggest election in history to TRY to "save" the country, and Steph gets approximately $268,292 per GAME to NOT PLAY...... What a beautiful place the U.S. is
laugh.gif

I know right.
roll.gif

Steph has to be filthy paid.

Mateen Cleaves wrote:
what the hell is point of keepin him on the team?
They on some $@%+ where it looks like they just wanna flat out embarrass him.... Its $%+#!% up and hilarious at the same time
laugh.gif
. Plus they are basically blackballing him because they obviously dont want himto go to another team and make anymore money than the $22 mil they gotta pay him this year. He can go sign for the minimum and play but the knicks aint gonnalet him do that cause they still gotta pay that.

How you gonna play Steph all pre-season and then just bench em like that? Even Walsh doesn't know why Steph isn't playing. It's all D'Antoni.They both said that everyone has a fresh start(thats the reason they waived Pat Jr Ewing instead of Jerome James), but D'Antoni obviously has somethingagainst Steph because no one in the right mind thinks that DUHON is better then Steph.

Even if you think Steph makes millions and to cry me a river, do you actually think that CHRIS DUHON should be a STARTING POINT GUARD???? Dude is GARBAGE.

And Steph has been the scapegoat for this Knicks organization for years. All this crap is because of DOLAN.

steph is an E head. his brain is jello.

i agree with allen3xis 100% on this issue.

he wont be here next year, time to get use to him not playing.

Is Mr. Starbury okay playing in a reserve role? Cause I don't see why Roberson is getting minutes Fat Joe's BFF could have. I reallydon't.

You cut Ewing Jr., you don't play Mr. Starbury, but Roberson gets minutes? Is he in the Knicks future plans?

they probably dont want him to play because they dont want him to showcase anything for any other teams to look at when his contract is up

if you dont showcase, no one knows your capabilities.
if no one knows your capabilities, not many people will be willing to take the chance on you.

OR how much they should offer you.
maybe thats the plan, to screw him over as extensively as possible so he cant get a good contract next season.

I was referring to his contract situation after this one expires

Originally Posted by throwback1718

they probably dont want him to play because they dont want him to showcase anything for any other teams to look at

if you dont showcase, no one knows your capabilities.
if no one knows your capabilities, not many people will be willing to take the chance on you.

OR how much they should offer you.
maybe thats the plan, to screw him over as extensively as possible.
Yeah that sounds like a great idea. Not play the guy so no one is willing to offer anything of value for him.

If he's not willing to accept a buyout the best thing for the Knicks is to just let him sit on the bench and have his contract expire.

Back
Top Bottom