Knicks: No plans to trade, waive, buy out Marbury

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif
Whether you think I read it or not... At what point in his career was Stephon Marbury a perennial all-star...? He's been an all-star twice in 12 years...
ummm maybe when he was dropping like 24 and 10 out in NJ and n Phoenix or his early years in NY, i mean pick one.

At the end of the day..we're arguing over a man who..

Has made the playoffs...what 3,4 times in his 12 year career?

Never gotten outa the first round..

And every team he left got better...

...those are the facts...

If you can give facts as to why Steph is a winning basketball player..I'm all ears..but it can't be done.

Not, what ifs...but facts.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Z Bo - Showcased. Hopefully dealt. see; Summer.

One is not like the others.
O rly?

So let me get this straight, we can't showcase Marbury? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
Duhon - stop gap player. Can be a nice back up PG after 2010 if Walsh/D'Antoni resign him. You wouldn't like him as a backup in 2 years? A veteran, defensive minded player..
Nope. Nothing about him is special, and 'can be a nice back up' is straight reaching. His play thus far is sub par. What makes you thinkhe can play at this level (or lack thereof) 2 yrs from now? Son has not done anything on offense/defense that has beenpraise worthy in the pre season/early part of this season. Even when he was on the Bulls
grin.gif
, weak.

Not even as a back up? He's better than most back ups IMO. and is 26 right now.
..showcase him for what? To trade him, for more contracts?You don't move his contract, it's expiring you pay it off this year.

If he plays, he is only showcasing for himself...for when he needs a new deal next year. And I hope yall wouldn't wana resign a 32 year old PG who livesoff his quickness/strength... after the year.

Z Bo has years left on his deal.

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Z Bo - Showcased. Hopefully dealt. see; Summer.

One is not like the others.
O rly?

Duhon - stop gap player. Can be a nice back up PG after 2010 if Walsh/D'Antoni resign him. You wouldn't like him as a backup in 2 years? A veteran, defensive minded player..
Nope. Nothing about him is special, and 'can be a nice back up' is straight reaching. His play thus far is sub par. What makes you think he can play at this level (or lack thereof) 2 yrs from now? Son has not done anything on offense/defense that has been praise worthy in the pre season/early part of this season. Even when he was on the Bulls
grin.gif
, weak.

agreed Duhon should be in Europe son is garbage. Steph should play i have made my points i aint got nothing more to say without repeating myself.i just want all this %*#* to be over its just a dumb distraction.

If you can give facts as to why Steph is a winning basketball player..I'm all ears..but it can't be done.
But he put the Knicks on his back and led them to the playoff his first year in New York!

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

But he put the Knicks on his back and led them to the playoff his first year in New York!
Those 39 wins in the then brutal eastern conference were MVP material. Weren't they? Don't forget the first round sweep.

Originally Posted by THE GR8

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif
Whether you think I read it or not... At what point in his career was Stephon Marbury a perennial all-star...? He's been an all-star twice in 12 years...
ummm maybe when he was dropping like 24 and 10 out in NJ and n Phoenix or his early years in NY, i mean pick one.
Two all-star games in 12 years doesn't make him a perennial all-star...

So, is Zach Randolph a perennial all-star because he's averaged around 20 and 10 for his career?

There's a reason stats =/= all-star... Stephon Marbury has never made a team he's been on better. Not at anypoint in his career.

Steph got about 90% of Niketalk on the payroll or something.

Shut the ++#+ up about this lame already. ++#+ has he ever done for cats to love him?

HE'S NOT EVEN THAT NICE ANYMORE. IF HE WERE TO START FOR AN NBA TEAM RIGHT NOW, HE WOULD BE AMONG THE 5 WORST STARTING PG'S IN THE LEAGUE.

++#+ 'EM.

He's just not doing it for me. He's not even seeing Charlie Ward, Chris Childs to me.
I don't see a big difference between him and Childs...

and I thought Childs was a pretty good back up to have around.

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Those 39 wins in the then brutal eastern conference were MVP material. Weren't they? Don't forget the first round sweep.
Please if Steph had a team that year he wouldnt have been swept. And if he was there the whole year than we wouldnt have been #8.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Looking back at the last two years, I kind of liked Larry Brown. I kind
of liked Larry Brown. I'm like, 'Man, I wish this guy was here to drill
me now.'
laugh.gif

Yeah...he's doing everything right, right guys? Clamoring for another coach.

Please do not make him out as a victim.

For everything you may feel D'Antoni or Walsh are doing unfairly, Steph has a quote to deserve it.

I'm sure he could get 11,12,13 million for this buy out and go play somewhere else...and we're supposed to feel sorry for someone with THAT option?

He's dug his own grave, now he has to live in it.

laugh.gif
Allen straight up hates Steph.

Book_YouPlayToWinTheGame_small.jpg

And this is why the Knicks organization is a joke right now. You don't sit your best player at the BEGINNING of the season because he isn't apart of your future plans. It basically sends the message to your fans that you're conceding the season from the beginning. The organization is just cheating it's fans, and screwing over Steph at the same time. It looks like the Players Union is in support of Steph if he gets them involved so that is a good sign.
QFT...I've put up with a lot as a Knicks fan w/ Isiah, but to just give up on the season this early and tell your fans that we're gonnateach Mardy Collins and let Anthony Roberson know what it's like to play in the NBA instead of try to win games is ridiculous, and I'm more mad at thatattitude than anything that's happened in the last 5 years with the Knicks....u can say anything u want about Isiah, or even Layden...but they never triedto tank a season on purpose and try to fool people by asking them to come to see the "new" knicks, at least he had some respect for the fans...

And if u talk about Karma, it goes both ways: u think free agents are going to want to sign with us seeing this happen?...if I was LeBron, or ANY 2010 FreeAgent, I wouldn't want to go to a team that puts you on the inactive list hoping you'll take less money to be bought out once they want to go in adifferent direction. This isn't the NFL. They keep saying "this is a business", but that only makes them look worse if you look like this from abusiness prospective. I wouldn't want to go anywhere NEAR a classless organization that chooses to INTENTIONALLY sell a poor product to consumers, andinstead of firing people, tries to embarass them by taking away their livelihood while still keeping them around to be ridiculed and be a distraction to otherworkers. Would you consider signing with a team that, on a given season, decides to purposefully lose games and puts players on the inactive list for personalreasons?

The bottom line is that this is cheating the fans, disrespectful to players, and completely UNPROFESSIONAL...watch knicks ticket sales go to all time lows thisyear, i know i'm not paying to see Chris Duhon...

At this point, it doesn't matter if Steph has only made the all-star team twice. Alot of players are even lucky to get there once. If I do recall, thatlast all-star game, Steph was the one to help lead that comeback.

The point is, you play your best players. Duhon is a bum. If you were a coach, why the hell wouldn't you start Steph?

Real talk, I kinda hope all you people who want Steph to play, and are *****ing about the new Knicks management /coaching ALREADY, when they are doingeverything right, by NOT doing what Zeke did (which you same dimwitted fans LOVED at the time)....I hope you all stop being Knicks fans and jump on that Netsbandwagon. Leave behind the intelligent, real fans who like the team, not some LOSER of a player.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

He's just not doing it for me. He's not even seeing Charlie Ward, Chris Childs to me.
I don't see a big difference between him and Childs...

and I thought Childs was a pretty good back up to have around.
Nah I like Childs and Ward I'm just saying they were real solid for us.
I think Childs was better defensively though.

Originally Posted by Krisp Kicks

Steph got about 90% of Niketalk on the payroll or something.

Shut the ++#+ up about this lame already. ++#+ has he ever done for cats to love him?

HE'S NOT EVEN THAT NICE ANYMORE. IF HE WERE TO START FOR AN NBA TEAM RIGHT NOW, HE WOULD BE AMONG THE 5 WORST STARTING PG'S IN THE LEAGUE.

++#+ 'EM.
See this is the thing. When people have an opinion, they speak it, so why are you so mad that people don't agree with how you feel about Steph? Leave the thread, ignore the thread. He'd be among the top 5 worst starting PGs?

• Brevin Knight
  • Bibby
  • Harris
  • Jameer Nelson
  • Antonio Daniels
  • Luke Ridnour
  • Demarcus Nelson
  • Beno Udrih
  • Randy Foye
  • Rafer
  • Mike Conley
  • Tj Ford
  • Mo Williams
  • D Rose
  • Rondo
  • Blake
So from that list of starting PGs, he's not better than the majority? Yea ok, move along.

Real talk, I kinda hope all you people who want Steph to play, and are *****ing about the new Knicks management /coaching ALREADY, when they are doing everything right, by NOT doing what Zeke did (which you same dimwitted fans LOVED at the time)....I hope you all stop being Knicks fans and jump on that Nets bandwagon. Leave behind the intelligent, real fans who like the team, not some LOSER of a player.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

http://www.oddpic.com/data/508/*****slap.gif

See this is the thing. When people have an opinion, they speak it, so why are you so mad that people don't agree with how you feel about Steph? Leave the thread, ignore the thread. He'd be among the top 5 worst starting PGs?

• Brevin Knight
  • Bibby
  • Harris
  • Jameer Nelson
  • Antonio Daniels
  • Luke Ridnour
  • Demarcus Nelson
  • Beno Udrih
  • Randy Foye
  • Rafer
  • Mike Conley
  • Tj Ford
  • Mo Williams
  • D Rose
  • Rondo
  • Blake
So from that list of starting PGs, he's not better than the majority? Yea ok, move along.
Only people I'd take him over on that list, abd only if I didn't care about trying to build a WINNING team are:

Luke Ridnour
Steve Blake
Nelson
Knight
Daniels

I've got all those other guys before Steph because they either: 1) Are not distractions, 2) Have upside, 3) Win, 4) Can pass/run an offense, 5) OfferWAAAAYYYYY better value, and allow the team to build up around other players.

For real, the unpopular choice (in this case benching Marbury) may be the right one. The last coach, who caved in to fan pressure in NY, and made moves lots ofKnicks fans loved was Isiah Thomas...JUST THINK ABOUT THAT. HOW DID THAT WORK OUT FOR US.

DO PEOPLE NOT SEE THE BIG PICTURE?
Besides, bunch of these guys aren't the best PG's on their team, or are starting because of injuries.

• Brevin Knight
  • Bibby
  • Harris
  • Jameer Nelson
  • Antonio Daniels
  • Luke Ridnour
  • Demarcus Nelson
  • Beno Udrih
  • Randy Foye
  • Rafer
  • Mike Conley
  • Tj Ford
  • Mo Williams
  • D Rose
  • Rondo
  • Blake
Only people I'd take him over on that list, abd only if I didn't care about trying to build a WINNING team are:

Luke Ridnour
Steve Blake
Nelson
Knight
Daniels

I've got all those other guys before Steph because they either: 1) Are not distractions, 2) Have upside, 3) Win, 4) Can pass/run an offense, 5) Offer WAAAAYYYYY better value, and allow the team to build up around other players.

For real, the unpopular choice (in this case benching Marbury) may be the right one. The last coach, who caved in to fan pressure in NY, and made moves lots of Knicks fans loved was Isiah Thomas...JUST THINK ABOUT THAT. HOW DID THAT WORK OUT FOR US.

DO PEOPLE NOT SEE THE BIG PICTURE?
Besides, bunch of these guys aren't the best PG's on their team, or are starting because of injuries.
I've got to agree with that list, although I'd probably take Steph over Rafer.

I understand Marbury can be a cancer, and he's on easy street right now financially, but he's handled it well so far. I dont get how a scoring pointdoesn't fit into D'antoni's system. Sure he may not be in the future, but thats friggin 80 games away.

Real talk, I kinda hope all you people who want Steph to play, and are *****ing about the new Knicks management /coaching ALREADY, when they are doing everything right, by NOT doing what Zeke did (which you same dimwitted fans LOVED at the time)....I hope you all stop being Knicks fans and jump on that Nets bandwagon. Leave behind the intelligent, real fans who like the team, not some LOSER of a player.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
at that entire comment.I mean as Knicks fans we are all gonna havedifferent opinions but
indifferent.gif
at you putting down a whole bunch ofKnicks fans on this forum who alot of them i know are loyal and intelligent just because they have different views than you do. I mean %#*% im not saying weshould go out and do as Isiah did, but is signing a bum PG like Duhon and not playing a PG way more talented "doing everything right." Nobody issaying steph is part of the future. %#*% alot of people arent even saying he should play. What people are saying is that if e is on the team and under contractthan he should play cause he is the best that we got, and even if we dont want to play him we shouldnt keep him on the inactive list cause it creates anunecessary distraction. Cut him and buy him out if you wanna cut ties with him. This is not the right way to handle our @*%$. I personally believe that sincetrading steph would be foolish and you gotta play to win, he should start because Duhon is a %!%%!%% bum. Obviously dudes like you and allen think differentlybut im still gonna respect yalls decisions. That was just some dumb %!%%!%% ignorant @*%$ that you just said. Nobody is saying go out and trade for someoverpaid guy or a star right now. Everyone wants to rebuild, its just a matter of how we rebuild. I mean Walsh hasnt done alotof @*%$ great so far. He drafteda guy who is up in the air. He made a VERY Isiah-esque move in signing D'Antoni as coach. Getting another high profile ego whose coaching style does notfit our players talents instead of getting a guy like Mark and really rebuilding. Sounds kinda like <cough>Larry Brown<cough> I mean he signed abig time scrub for the MLE <cough>Jeffries/James<cough> (although Duhon isnt THAT bad and he was also smart enough to make it just a 2 year deal).So obviously people are gonna question these kind of moves. Especially dumb %!%%!%% coaching moves like this that just create added drama. IT IS NOT NEEDED.%#*% even Walsh believes that if Steph is healthy and under contract than he should play. I mean this @*%$ is just emphasizing on our past issues instead ofmoving forward. So
indifferent.gif
at you putting down all Knicks fans that havehad to suffer with this %!%%!%% team for the past decade just because they dont agree with you and dont want to see %!%%!%% bum !@% Chris Duhon running thepoint.

I mean im just saying Stephon should be the PG for this one year the last year of his contract. because nobody we have is part of the future and we might aswell utilize Steph while we have him until we get a REAL PG. and Chris Duhon is not a real starting PG. and also yall are underestimating Steph'sabilities. i mean ON A ONE YEAR TERM not as the future Steph would torch most of the guys yall mentioned over him. I mean im telling you if we let him do his!#*+ hes still that talented. And we might as well let him do it cause hes the best that we got and than next summer we can get a real starting PG.

lol.. new york knicks. what a joke of a sports franchise. they won't be seeing the light for another century. RIP

Back
Top Bottom