Knicks: No plans to trade, waive, buy out Marbury

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

I love it.

No, I'm nothing close to a Steph hater.

But I love it. Dude has been stepping on management's toes for a couple years. Now they're stomping on his.
laugh.gif

I disagree. My dude is getting the last laugh because they're still paying him 21 Million at the end of the day. It's the fan's that are beingcheated because D'Antoni isn't putting the best possible product out on the court.

^ They're paying him this contract now, but I think the reason they're doing this is to lower his value, essentially succeeding in getting himto allow them to buy his contract out for cheaper.

I think Stephon is satisfied taking his 21 million for the year to the bank.

If he doesn't get traded, then he'll just sign somewhere else next year, there ARE teams out there that need a PG, and that could use him.

For instance, Miami.

Good, I'm tired of talking about Steph.

I don't blame him for everything what's happened to the Knicks, it isn't all his fault. But at this point I don't care about him. He'sgonna get paid 21 million to do nothing. Best of luck to wherever he goes next year, but the Knicks don't need to play him right now. Is he a better playerthan Duhon? Of course. Than Roberson? Absolutely. But no sense in playing him if he won't resign with us, if he'll only play to boost his own value forthe off-season, and if he'll take time away from younger players and the Knicks focus for the future.

I wish we could just be done with him for good, but this is as close as we'll get.

I've stuck up for this team for years. Even through the dreaded Layden/ Eisley/ Shandon/ Weatherspoon era. I will still watch games (until I get NBA TV),but I have officially lost all respect for this organization, or lack thereof. Even if they do win a championship with D'Antoni, until New York learns how to take care of their own (Ewing, Clyde, Mark Jackson, Ewing Jr, Marbury, etc...) or comes under newmanagement, I will never be 100% genuinely happy.

This, is F#*&ED UP!

And for everyone saying Steph deserves this... I guess it will always just be entertainment for some. But no MAN deserves this. Neither do the fans. The realones that is.

Brooklyn FTL!...

^ The only thing I'll agree with you on is that the fans don't deserve this.

What the fans deserve is a franchise committed to winning and competing. Steph has proven he does not have that commitment.

^^I agree with you... kinda but as much as we did some @%%$@% up *#!+ to our vets im not down eith the idea of giving people *#!+ JUSt beacuse they have tiesto the franchise.

For real tthough i have spoken enough about this *#!+. I mean i dont see why we already gotta turn this season into a soap opera when we dont need to which inaddition to it being a stupid move bball wise and @%%$@% up for steph is the main reason i dont like this. I mean we have a clean slate, why does D'Antonigotta start more drama. We shoulda got my homeboy Mark and have him bring fire to this team and let him grow as a coach as this team rebuilds instead of hiringanother high profile coach when the team cant play ball no matter who the coach is. Signing D'Antoni just brings us more big egos which is what i said whenwe got him and it is paying off now. This is not what we need, we shoulda let Mark come in and adapt to the players instead of having the players adapt to himso when we get good Mark is already established. RThis is just like when we got LB bringing in another stubborn, high profile coach to a team thats bad andCOMPLETELY doesnt fit the system. Dumb move if you ask me, and signing Duhon was a dumb @!$#+#@ move also. Son is trash and the only way he can be slightlyeffective is as a backup in a half court set offense, we brought him in to be a starter and run the break?! The %#!% were we thinking?

All i know is i dont give a *#!+ anymore, i just want to end all of this talk about Steph. i mean we will be talking about the same *#!+ for weeks, we shouldjust let it go and see how it all plays out.

laugh.gif
I don't understand at all why Knicks fans would want to watch their team spend any energy on a guy that simply isn't a piece of their future... Itain't even like Steph is that good or overly entertaining to watch.
laugh.gif
If this were Allen Iverson or Kobe Bryant, I'd understand. But we'retalking about Stephon freaking Marbury...

But, I also wouldn't understand whatever crappy reasoning their management had behind keeping him around in the first place... What good is he going to dofor that franchise's future? What good does paying him to sit on your bench do? If they were to activate him, what good does committing playing time to himright now do? It makes ZERO sense to keep the guy around. It makes even less sense, IMO, to waste playing time and developmental minutes in a full outrebuilding process on a guy that has no future with the organization past this year, especially when you're going to be a bad basketball team regardless...

I also don't buy that Donnie Walsh had no idea why he was inactive before their meeting... Donnie Walsh isn't an idiot. I don't believe for asecond that he thinks it's productive for that team to keep Stephon Marbury around... If there's one thing that organization needs, it's to STARTOVER. That's why Walsh was brought in... Get away from everything they've done the last few years. Get rid of every distraction, bad attitude, badcontract... Start the whole thing over from the ground up... All of their problems from the last few years stemmed from Isaiah Thomas and Stephon Marbury...Why keep him in New York any longer than you have to? Pay him whatever money it's gonna take to get him the hell outta town and move on...

I don't remember the timing of their stays in Phoenix, but do Steph and D'Antoni have a history going back to Phoenix? Was Steph gone before Mike gotthere?

^6Duhon aint the future either. Fact is Steph is the best we got and as long as we have him he should be playing AND starting. And in addition to it being dumbas in Steph''s our best player, he worked hard and benching him just holds old grudges and we should be letting the past go. Why should Steph get allthe hate when he didnt do anything much worse than anybody else? I mean it is just stupid if you ask me, more than the fact that hes our best player, but increating drama when it is unecessary.

And all of their problems came from stephon? Is that a %!$+++@ joke. All the problems came from Layden and were escalated by Isiah. Dont hate the player. Wewere the worst %!$+++@ team in basketball when Isaih brought Steph in in 04. He didnt ask to come. But we were still a !!%! team and in last place in Januarywhen we got Steph who put the team on his back and led us to the playoffs. In fact you could say that anything even slightly positive that the Knicks have donethis past 5 years during Isiah's run have been led by Steph as i pointed out in that other Marbury post.

Seriously though. and yall say START OVER. How is this starting over? Holding grudges from the past. EVERYONE on this team played for Isiah pretty much andEVERYONE has lost. So how is letting go of the past blaming one guy for those years and benching him. I mean that seems like holding the past more than lettinggo. To let go of the past we would have given Stephon a fair chance and he would be starting just like every other %!$@+%+ player on this team got a cleanslate. i mean come the *%*@ on.
eyes.gif

I don't know about you all, but I always went under the philosophy that your best players will play regardless. Who cares if he doesn't stay? You neverever know what will happen in sports.

D'Antoni holding a super duper grudge... whats really going on here?

come on give steph a chance... a CHANCE!!!!

Originally Posted by THE GR8

^^I agree with you... kinda but as much as we did some @%%$@% up *#!+ to our vets im not down eith the idea of giving people *#!+ JUSt beacuse they have ties to the franchise.

We shoulda got my homeboy Mark and have him bring fire to this team and let him grow as a coach as this team rebuilds instead of hiring another high profile coach when the team cant play ball no matter who the coach is. Signing D'Antoni just brings us more big egos which is what i said when we got him and it is paying off now. This is not what we need, we shoulda let Mark come in and adapt to the players instead of having the players adapt to him so when we get good Mark is already established. This is just like when we got LB bringing in another stubborn, high profile coach to a team thats bad and COMPLETELY doesnt fit the system.

EXACTLY. The first thing that came to mind when you said that was Van Gundy and how good the team was with him. Oh well...

But as for waiting it out for the future, here's the thing. Except for what Chandler, Nate and Marbury especially bring to the table, everyone on this teamis replaceable. Knock Stephon all you want, but this team hasn't had a player at point that good since Mark Jackson was around. Do you remember how happyeveryone was that we got him in '04 after putting up with all the Greg Anthony's, Frank Williams, Rick Brunsons, Eisleys and Childs?... I'm justupset he couldn't shine in NY like we all hoped (and I truely believe it could've worked out with better management).

Duhon straight up got signed to be replaced in 2 years! Why play people that you know will eventually be replaced when and not play someone who's betterand skillset is harder to replace.

But I am also growing tired of talking about this whole thing. Wherever Steph ends up, I'll support. I hope he signs with Cleveland and they will achampionship in 2010! That will really be poetic justice lol

Nate and Will are my last hope with this team.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Looking back at the last two years, I kind of liked Larry Brown. I kind of liked Larry Brown. I'm like, 'Man, I wish this guy was here to drill me now.'
laugh.gif

Yeah...he's doing everything right, right guys? Clamoring for another coach.

Please do not make him out as a victim.

For everything you may feel D'Antoni or Walsh are doing unfairly, Steph has a quote to deserve it.

I'm sure he could get 11,12,13 million for this buy out and go play somewhere else...and we're supposed to feel sorry for someone with THAT option?

He's dug his own grave, now he has to live in it.

This quote comes after he's been sitting though. This is the ONE kinda sorta negative thing Steph has said about the whole matter. I think he's handledit well. I just think its funny he's being used as the scapegoat, but Walsh and D'Antoni are the ones that are looking stupid at the moment. Maybe theywill be vindicated later, but right now, the same dysfunctional, circus-like atmosphere that they want to shred...they are contributing to it. Not Steph...

Originally Posted by TrueBlack88

Looking back at the last two years, I kind of liked Larry Brown. I kind of liked Larry Brown. I'm like, 'Man, I wish this guy was here to drill me now.'
laugh.gif

For everything you may feel D'Antoni or Walsh are doing unfairly, Steph has a quote to deserve it.

I'm sure he could get 11,12,13 million for this buy out and go play somewhere else...and we're supposed to feel sorry for someone with THAT option?

This quote comes after he's been sitting though. This is the ONE kinda sorta negative thing Steph has said about the whole matter. I think he's handled it well. I just think its funny he's being used as the scapegoat, but Walsh and D'Antoni are the ones that are looking stupid at the moment. Maybe they will be vindicated later, but right now, the same dysfunctional, circus-like atmosphere that they want to shred...they are contributing to it. Not Steph...

I don't see how D'Antoni and Walsh are looking stupid right now. If anything, they are the ones who are looking good at the moment. Theyhave a malcontent on their hands and they are not going to buy him out at full price. It's smart business.

Looking back at the last two years, I kind of liked Larry Brown. I kind
of liked Larry Brown. I'm like, 'Man, I wish this guy was here to drill
me now.'
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Allen straight up hates Steph.

Book_YouPlayToWinTheGame_small.jpg

And this is why the Knicks organization is a joke right now. You don't sit your best player at the BEGINNING of the season because he isn't apart ofyour future plans. It basically sends the message to your fans that you're conceding the season from the beginning. The organization is just cheatingit's fans, and screwing over Steph at the same time. It looks like the Players Union is in support of Steph if he gets them involved so that is a goodsign.

How about the I'ma starter and always have been quote he threw out before the season?

laugh.gif

but..
It basically sends the message to your fans that you're conceding the season from the beginning.
And that, for me...is fine.

I understood that going in.

..strictly W's and L's.

What is not and will not be conceded, is implementing a new system and a new regime with a plan.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

I don't know about you all, but I always went under the philosophy that your best players will play regardless. Who cares if he doesn't stay? You never ever know what will happen in sports.
Agrree with that in addition to everything else that i just said. I mean the season just started and until the playoffs are CLEARLY outta sight weshould play our best players instead of causing unecessary drama.

And damn allen, you hate on Steph almost as much as i hate on Curry
laugh.gif

i mean i dont see why it is so bad for a guy to say "I'm a starter" when he has been a perennial all-star his whole career and has never everbeen a bench player. Its not an unrealistic claim to make its not like hes saying "I'm the best PG in the NBA." I mean especially when ChrisDuhon is the PG a guy who couldnt even start over the likes of Kirk Hinrich and a guy that Steph could blow off the floor. I mean cmon i give him props forthat being ALL that he said. Son could be throwing fits by now... and as for the Larry Brown comment its a little joke, and as far as im conserned D'Antonicould use more than just a little joke, but it was obviuolsy a joke i mean everyone knows how Stephon and LB get along
sick.gif

Stephon Marbury is a perennial all-star now?

president-bush-scratch-head.jpg

At best, he's in the bottom tier of the so-called "star" players...

i mean i dont see why it is so bad for a guy to say "I'm a starter" when he has been a perennial all-star his whole career and has never ever been a bench player.
It's bad cause the week before he said I'll do whatever is needed for the team.

Steph lost my trust a long time ago. And things like that just further that loss.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Stephon Marbury is a perennial all-star now?

president-bush-scratch-head.jpg

At best, he's in the bottom tier of the so-called "star" players...
If you would read i said that i dont think it is bad for a guy that HAS BEEN a perennial all-star for his whole career to call himself a"starter"

and allen, he made one comment that was not absurd. and even after that he took it back saying he would take a bench role if it helps the team even though hesees himself as a starter. I mean he hasnt been *****ing, he doesnt deserve this i dont care how much anybody hates him. This s just a stupid grudge that isemphasizing our past issues when we are supposed to be moving forward with the future.

and this he isnt part of our future #$*% is just @###$%* dumb

a) Duhon sucks and is no way part of our future
b) "You play to win the game" and Steph is our best player

i swear to god i dont want to hear that !$+%+$@ argument one more time unless i start to see us playing a lineup of Nate, Jamal, ILL Will, Lee, and anotherdude. I dont want to see guys like Q, Duhon, and Z Bo getting big starting minutes and than people saying Steph cant play cause hes not part of the future.Bull !$+%+$@ #$!%. YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!

the only legit reason to bench Steph that anyone can give is old stupid grudges. Which is stupid to begin with seeing as everybody gets a clean slate exceptfor Steph.
eyes.gif

laugh.gif
Whether you think I read it or not... At what point in his career was Stephon Marbury a perennial all-star...? He's been an all-star twice in 12years...

Duhon - stop gap player. Can be a nice back up PG after 2010 if Walsh/D'Antoni resign him. You wouldn't like him as a backup in 2 years? A veteran,defensive minded player..

Z Bo - Showcased. Hopefully dealt. see; Summer.

Q - Veteran. Leader. Familiar with the system.

Stephon - 1 year left. Can't be traded. Already said he's going to leave......the country.

One is not like the others. We get nothing out of Steph other than helping him increase his FA value next off season. And maybe 3-5 wins on the year.

Again, I can't argue the play to win the game thing....however there are no quick turnarounds in the NBA...so I lost with him, I can lose without him.

Alright one question..

Steph were to start the last 79 games...how many of those do we win?
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom