**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Ok the one thing Booker does is shoot and Dlo has shot better than him since February 2016. What other skillset does Booker have other than being a volume shooter who hasn't shot well in extended minutes (he's shot well in the last week tho)? He can't create like Dlo. He can't pass like Dlo. He can't score from the post like Dlo. So what is it? His shooting is not better. Look at the percentages.

Sorry if my initial reaction came off personally, didnt mean any disrespect.

I agree with you for the most part, but i dont agree with DLo being a better shooter.
You said look at the percentages, but Bookers % is higher this season.
I know its early, im hopeful DLo will shoot better but up until last night he was shooting 38% :x (39% now lol)

I know efficiency, defense, stats, contributions in all categories of the game matter when evaluating two players, but i also consider value.
Value is subjective so we can all rate players values differently.

Again, I am PROUD of having DLo as our PG. I think we made the right choice of him over Jahlil.
I think he has a WORLD of potential and im excited about the next 10 years of watching him grow and develop under a coach like Luke.

If I was given the option though, right now (and i can be very wrong and i hope that i am for our teams sake), i just feel like Devin's skill set as a shooting guard is once in a generation. I dont think hes 'just' a scorer. I think he will be an ELITE scorer who will be a tad bit more impactful than Dlo, assuming he does pick-up other positive habits especially defensively.

I dont think hes been given more responsibility, im faily confident he'll be able to handle that when the time comes.
But its just a gut feeling. I can be wrong, i hope im wrong.
I want DLo to succeed. This isnt a anti-DLo opinion at all, its more of a i see a world of superstar potential in Booker opinion.

What do you guys think about willie cauley stein?

Energetic.

Isn't getting nearly the run he should which leads me to a couple conclusions
1. Kings draft poorly based on fit and need
2. He deserves much more minutes wise to develop. 14 minutes a game isn't going to develop him.

Last edited:
once ingram finds his shot man oh man

i dont care about that record its just insane that we have been in every game this season. even that mavericks game we were right there in the 4th

luke making it work with a team that has nick young, lou will, druss, and clarkson is unbelievable

cant believe deng looks so washed though

Let me be a downer..

As great as Lou & Nick have played, definitely been major assets to all 5 wins.... You have to trade one of them during this season.

They are not long term solutions. Think of it this way, after this season with Nick when he opts out, or Lou after next season...

Do you believe the Lakers should give either one of them a 3 year deal at $12mil per? Regardless of how they've played, especially when we are missing the IT factor as a playoff team.

That would be 3 years for 32 year old Nick Young or 3 years for 32 year old Lou Williams.

Because of that, there's no reason to let both of those contracts lapse.. One is fine, if you think it will move the young guys forward in their progress.

I'd even lump Tarik with one of them. He's got a quality 2 year contract, but after that, he's likely not our guy moving forward. Even with him being only 27 in 2018. Presumably, you'd want to move Mozgov to a backup spot in 2018 because a better guy is coming in.

Nance & Randle would make him someone who is getting only a few minutes a game barring injury.

It would have a negative impact on the team, but it likely is a better choice in the long term depending on what it brings back
-----------------------
About Deng:
I do not see being here for all 4 years..

What I think is going to happen is they will trade him before year 3 of his contract. It will be for a lesser player who has 3 years left on their deal, but a lower salary per year to allow for more moves

Last edited:
Do you believe the Lakers should give either one of them a 3 year deal at $12mil per? Regardless of how they've played, especially when we are missing the IT factor as a playoff team.

Why are you setting the bar at 12m per? Is any team going to give them that? And how do you know we're missing the it factor as a playoff team? It's been 2 weeks

Why are you setting the bar at 12m per? Is any team going to give them that? And how do you know we're missing the it factor as a playoff team? It's been 2 weeks

Generally uptick of new salary cap. Which will go up again next season by about $10mil. Crawford just got 3 year / $42mil. JR got 4 year / $57mil. Aaron Afflalo 2 year / $25mil. Courtney Lee 4 year / $48mil

Even if it was 3/4 of that, it's still a bad choice to bring them back long term after their contracts run out.

Why do I think we're missing something....Superstars are necessary for long playoff runs. We currently do not have one. Maybe we develop one, but right now we do not have one.

Nonetheless, do you believe it is smart to use even more of 2018 & 2019 cap flexibility on Lou williams and Nick Young?

So when Randle, Russell need to be paid we are what we are?

Between you and me I'd rather have the capability to add a star with Russell Randle Clarkson Ingram and Nance when or if the opportunity presents itself.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom