Mario's album is gonna be the top R&B album this yr...

Originally Posted by shortydoowopp

Originally Posted by beeniesfoams

Best R&B albums of 2009
Joe Signature.. i told yall he dropped a gem
Pleasure P. ....NT knows wassup
Maxwell..... Numbers don't lie
Mario... I pray that with all of the material he's released post Go, that he has more than enough material to make a great one.
Trey Songz... Dude released his first gem.. props to you Tremaine.

first gem?

ever heard of Gotta Make It?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
foreal...Ready a gem? trey day a gem?
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Robby Valentino

Jeremih's album is garbage...what the hell are yall talkin bout?
roll.gif

thank you...sound like he was singing in his basement about nothing...

dude needs to grow his hair back
no he doesn't...

Mario has the voice to be a legend when it's all said and done, I believe it was A. Keys back in like 2002 who said his voice was the best she ever heard
Keys is willin...
laugh.gif

hmm mario had hits back in the day "chick with the braids" and most of the songs on that album...i needa catch up with some of his newer material.Dude is talented. Hopefully the album does well.

Where that Donald Faison gif
laugh.gif
...cover cheesy as hell...he do look likea super hero. Maybe it's just me...but he looks like something outta Mars Attacks with no hair
tired.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by dunksnjordans1992

this is marios WEAKEST album yet. the break up song to me didnt have a good beat and the lyrics are CORNY.

You're judging his whole album off Break Up...track list aint even out
smh.gif
laugh.gif

And Break Up is doing it's job. It's a radio track...what more do u want from it? It must not be that corny if it's #2 on Hip-Hop & R&B and#20 on the Hot 100.

Originally Posted by YaBoyDiddy

laugh.gif
...cover cheesy as hell...he do look like a super hero. Maybe it's just me...but he looks like something outta Mars Attacks with no hair
tired.gif
roll.gif

this is marios WEAKEST album yet. the break up song to me didnt have a good beat and the lyrics are CORNY.

smh.gif
laugh.gif

And Break Up is doing it's job. It's a radio track...what more do u want from it? It must not be that corny if it's #2 on Hip-Hop & R&B and #20 on the Hot 100.
so what happens if "LOL" is top 10 on the RnB billboard? from the looks of it its going to be on there in about 2 weeks.

Originally Posted by imINchucks5

Originally Posted by YaBoyDiddy

laugh.gif
...cover cheesy as hell...he do look like a super hero. Maybe it's just me...but he looks like something outta Mars Attacks with no hair
tired.gif
roll.gif

smh.gif
laugh.gif

And Break Up is doing it's job. It's a radio track...what more do u want from it? It must not be that corny if it's #2 on Hip-Hop & R&B and #20 on the Hot 100.
so what happens if "LOL" is top 10 on the RnB billboard? from the looks of it its going to be on there in about 2 weeks.
I don't care for "LOL"...beat is bouncy and the chorus is catchy. Reminds me of nursery rhyme or something
laugh.gif

Would I intentionally listen to the song? hell no.

Only thing I cant stomach is Soulja Boy's trash $%# verse
sick.gif
smh.gif
. Youknow something is bad when u feel awkward and it has nothing to do with you
laugh.gif

The guy can definitely sing, but it seems his albums do not get any promotional backing, and he is struggling to find his musical identity if that makes anysense. Look at Lloyd for example, he has nowhere near the vocal talents of Mario, but he makes good albums and songs, and seems to have found and stays in his"lane" so to speak.

Originally Posted by Basketballsavant

The guy can definitely sing, but it seems his albums do not get any promotional backing, and he is struggling to find his musical identity if that makes any sense. Look at Lloyd for example, he has nowhere near the vocal talents of Mario, but he makes good albums and songs, and seems to have found and stays in his "lane" so to speak.
I'd say his identity is ballads(I Choose You, Let Me Love You, Afraid To Cry, Inside Of You) and soulful songs(Do Right
pimp.gif
, Things You Do, Good News Bad News, Dont Do It, I'm Trying To Be Down, Love)- Dre & Vidal type production. But why pick a lane when u can rip anything: Save My Soul, Emergency Room, Weather Girl, Greastest Performer, Late Night,Promise Land - and Stuttering & Starlight is as left as it goes for him but he rips that too. He's the Reggie Bush of R&B
laugh.gif
; on one hand you're mad at him for not dominating one thing, but you cantbe mad at his receiving yards and punt returns.

you cant really compare Maxwell to Mario, yes they are both R&B but they hit two TOTALLY different target audiences

Stranded sounds like it's gonna be a hit as well

and some of you dont know how to judge vocal talent, Mario's voice is easily one of the best in R&B

and some of you dont know how to judge vocal talent, Mario's voice is easily one of the best in R&B
thats fine and all

but a full R&B Album comes down more to having a great voice

there whole thing is "Dream cant sing"

well then these %+%%%% should be mad a non-signing @%@$% got the R&B Album of the year so far

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

there whole thing is "Dream cant sing"

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]well then these %+%%%% should be mad a non-signing @%@$% got the R&B Album of the year so far[/color]

Exactly.

Back
Top Bottom