Mario's album is gonna be the top R&B album this yr...

With the exception of maxwell i kinda gotta agree. The Dream production and hooks and harmony is so stellar it kinda overshadows his lack of singing ability.

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

there whole thing is "Dream cant sing"

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]well then these %+%%%% should be mad a non-signing @%@$% got the R&B Album of the year so far[/color]

Exactly.

If y'all feel that album was that good, than that's how y'all feel. Just know that, I haven't listened to Love vs Money in ages. I'll takeJ. Holiday's Round 2, Jamie Foxx's Intuition*, Musiq's On My Radio* and Day 26's Forever In A Day over Love vs Money. Dream is an enigma tome...I cant put him in a box. I find it hard to call that album R&B. He's a Pop Artist to me; he just sprinkles an R&B track in here and there,allowing y'all to call him R&B
laugh.gif
. Sweat It Out and Put It Downare the only R&B tracks on that album. Everything else is just over produced and has no vocals.

* December '08

^ cosign

i swear i can never listen to a Dream album all the way through
he cant sing.

but i do like some of his songs though ill give him that..."falsetto", "rockin that thang", and "put it down" are the only tracksi liked.

I feel what every1,but if u think about it, thats what every1 is doing.When is the last time some1 really dropped a rnb album. Mostly every1 has about 12-15tracks a strong 5 ballads and the rest be midtempo or cats singing over rap beats. And rnb album is like luther or like babyface brian mcknight maxwell. Onlything differentiats dream is his production and melodies and hooks are better and those artist mentioned are better singers.RnB albums arent suppose 2 havetracks by the runners hitts committee etc. Folks like mint condition peabo bryson wasnt crooning to beats on the likes of a zaytoven track

Everybody is a better singer than Dream. Dream has nothing that I would want to listen to vocally - unless it's from a demo standpoint.

The-Dream makes Great Music...Period.

And Yes, "Love VS. Money" has been the best R&B/Pop album of 2009

Fancy=R&B song of the year....EASILY

KayCurrency wrote:
The-Dream makes Great Music...Period.

And Yes, "Love VS. Money" has been the best R&B/Pop album of 2009

Fancy=R&B song of the year....EASILY

I will concur fancy my be the best arranged and produced song of the year period/ But as ar as alnum i still gotta give it 2 my boy Maxwell

I seen Dream, Keri Hilson and Mario last night at Love in DC. It's funny cause all I could think about was this thread. Then someone in here saying howgood Mario sounded live......
indifferent.gif
Dream sounded better than I thoughthe would live tho

::

There's well over 40 songs out that could possibly be on the album
so anybody else make their own "version" of it with your favorite tracks?

I picked my favorite 15 tracks...put em in a order I think flows nicely
haven't heard The Runners track or the one with Hurricane Chris though

Originally Posted by ZSong

There's well over 40 songs out that could possibly be on the album
so anybody else make their own "version" of it with your favorite tracks?

I picked my favorite 15 tracks...put em in a order I think flows nicely
haven't heard The Runners track or the one with Hurricane Chris though

Nah, I aint go in like that(yet
laugh.gif
). I have no playorder...it's just whatever I feel like hearing at the moment...and it just becomes a long playlist of Mario tracks new and old. It keeps it fresh.

Favorites, no particular order:

Thinking About You (No Acehood)
Thinking Of You(Depression) snippet
Stranded snippet
Soundtrack To My Broken Heart
Come Back To Me
Don't Walk Away
So Good In Bed
15 Minutes
Good One
Things You Do
Promise Land
I Miss My Friend
Inside Of You
Love
Me & My Girl
I Choose You
Better Man
Afraid 2 Cry
Dont Do It
Live A Lie
I'm Trying To Be Down
Hello
Main Attraction

Feelings gonna be hurt when that official tracklist drop
laugh.gif

I'm just very nerdy with stuff like this
[even made my own tracklisting of the Keri album
laugh.gif
smh ]
I tried to make the album tell a story...

01. Mario - Oh Baby (3:39)
02. Mario - Weather Weather (3:51)
03. Mario - Emergency Room (Feat. Rihanna) (3:51)
04. Mario ft Gucci Mane & Sean Garrett - Break Up (4:10)
05. Mario - Get Out (3:30)
06. Mario - Lonely Girls Club (3:59)
07. Broken Heart (3:07)
08. Mario - My Story (3:59)
09. Mario - I Miss My Friend (3:47)
10. Mario - Don't Walk Away (4:03)
11. Mario - Come Back To Me (4:40)
12. Mario - Love (4:04)
13. Mario - Afraid To Cry (Hardest Moment) (3:40)
14. Mario - Promise Land (4:53)
15. Mario - Inside Of You (4:25)

-I think there's a version of "Get Out" with Ludacris?? maybe I'm mistaken

-"Inside of You" is a RIDICULOUS...
all it needs is drums coming near the end, maybe around the 3:00 mark, and a layering of Mario vocals singing some "whoa's" very much like theoutro of Alicia Keys "Like You'll Never See Me Again"...straight up copy it for all I care, it would behot... I'm guessing it's a Tricky/Dream track so if they tinker with the final version of it ala "Right Side ofYa Brain" demo vs album then
eek.gif
eek.gif

see...very nerdy

Originally Posted by ZSong

I'm just very nerdy with stuff like this
[even made my own tracklisting of the Keri album
laugh.gif
smh ]
I tried to make the album tell a story...

-I think there's a version of "Get Out" with Ludacris?? maybe I'm mistaken

-"Inside of You" is a RIDICULOUS...
all it needs is drums coming near the end, maybe around the 3:00 mark, and a layering of Mario vocals singing some "whoa's" very much like the outro of Alicia Keys "Like You'll Never See Me Again"...straight up copy it for all I care, it would be hot... I'm guessing it's a Tricky/Dream track so if they tinker with the final version of it ala "Right Side of Ya Brain" demo vs album then
eek.gif
eek.gif

see...very nerdy

It's not nerdy...music gotta have a flow; u cant just have your music all over the place sonically or content wise. You cant be talking boutsimpin on one track and then you're a player on the next track...there should be a transition in there somewhere - this chick played me or something
laugh.gif
. Mario album dropping soon so I aint make no tracklist. I only maketracklists for artist that I don't know when their album will see the light of day: One Chance
laugh.gif

There is a version of Get Out with Luda' on it, but I like to keep my Rap seperate from R&B depending on my mood

Inside Of You will sound ridiculous when it's mastered and everything.

I just hope that all the tracks that have leaked within the past 6months or so don't end up on the album - Don't get me wrong, they're fire..I'd just like to see something that hasn't been out on the net months before the actual release date.

broken heart is hands down one of the best songs i've heard this year. the melody, smooth beat, dope vocals. great song

Originally Posted by oinker34

I just hope that all the tracks that have leaked within the past 6months or so don't end up on the album - Don't get me wrong, they're fire.. I'd just like to see something that hasn't been out on the net months before the actual release date.
I'll take some mastered tracks that I've heard before over new tracks that suck - but that's more of a worst case scenario. Andeverybody don't follow leaks so u gotta imagine if a track is really good it'll make the album. What's old to us could be new to the averagelistener.

Back
Top Bottom