Mark Teixeira Close To Making a Decision...

Haven't people noticed Morneau has forgotten how to hit for power? Mark Texieria this YEAR had a better year than Morneau's MVP year.

This is more annoying than the CC signing. I think we all knew he was going to end up in Pinstripes but I have NO idea where Tex will end up.

Dude is like, great and all, but there is no way in hell hes worth nearly $25 Million a year.

I don't think anybody is going to offer what Boras wants. Well atleast if they know what they are doing they wont.

boras right now is beggining to lose some credibility, last year the a-rod mess now this.....teams seam to be scared of the guy now.

Originally Posted by SingleDigitJsOnly

Ryan Howard
Miguel Cabrera
Justin Morneau
Kevin Youkilis
Adrian Gonzalez
Prince Fielder
Carlos Delgado

WOW. You really do not know your baseball. The only one I would even consider giving you on anything would be Fielder. And that's really just for his pop. As far judging on all 5 tools, Tex surpasses all the above named players easily. Man, I hope the O's get him.

You obviously don't know what you're talking about if you say you'd take Fielder over any of them. Did you not watch Howard put histeam on his back in September and carry Philly to the playoffs? Has he not either won or been in the running for MVP every year since he's played a fullseason? Cabrera hits for a better average and has just about the same amount of RBIs and HRs each year as Tex. Berkman and Morneau also put up similarnumbers to Tex every year so how can you say Tex surpasses all of them easily?

Why is everyone overlooking Tex's glove? Fantasy fans
smh.gif

Teix has a nice glove but its 1st base, not exactly a demanding position defensively as opposed to others.

adrian gonzalez is very nice.

someone sign this dude already, i hope he goes to the O's or Nats so he can ruin his career.

Tex is going to the Red Sox. Give them another day or 2 and they will offer him ridiculous money.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Teix has a nice glove but its 1st base, not exactly a demanding position defensively as opposed to others.

That's exactly what I'm sayin. All a team wants from a first baseman is production, a good glove is just a bonus. And to say Tex is a 5 tool player isfalse. You need speed to be considered a 5 tool player.

Originally Posted by the PGA tour

Why is everyone overlooking Tex's glove? Fantasy fans
smh.gif
co-sign, I'm a HUGE sports fan but I don't do any fantasy sports, it just tweaks everything up and then you sometimes end up cheering fora player on the opposing team

EDIT: i'm praying he doesn't go to the Red Sox...

[h1]Mark Teixeira Rumors: Saturday[/h1]
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [December 20 at 12:51pm CST]

12:49pm: Jack Curry of the New York Timesexamines Boras' "patient, defiant style" and suggests the Red Sox are throwing it right back at him.

Roch Kubatko talks about how Washington's Ted Lerner isthe one owner who could blow the other teams away with a Teixeira offer. Many people seem to believe they're willing to go to ten years,$200MM.

9:24am: Yesterday we tracked the MarkTeixeira sweepstakes as the Red Sox seemed to back out, but ultimately remained interested; the rumors continue today.

Jon Heyman writes that talks have resumed between Scott Boras and theYankees and Angels. The Yankee front office is still deciding which slugger to pursue: Teixeira or Manny Ramirez. Heyman sees signs that"the Angels might be readying for a move," since owner Arte Moreno could consider boosting his bid from the $160-170MM range.

Heyman hears that the Red Sox bid close to $180MM, but ESPN.com reportsthat their bid was $165-170MM. ESPN heard from an "executive familiar with the meeting" between Teixeira's people and the Red Sox that ScottBoras seeks an eight-year deal worth $195MM.

However, when Jerry Crasnick asked Boras about this figure, he heard it was "inaccurate" and that there was "very limiteddiscussion of economic considerations" Thursday night.

Adam Kilgore heard from a GMinvolved with Teixeira who believes "the Red Sox have the best offer on the table."

Michael Silverman thinks the Red Soxneed to go all out for Tex and Peter Schmuck doesn'twant a few million dollars to stop the O's from signing him.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

gotta disagree, a good defensive 1st baseman saves errors for 5 others guys. how many rallys have you seen started because the first baseman could'nt picka bad throw. how bout a crucial 3-6-3 double play that can be turned, not all first baseman have that ability and it's one of the hardest to complete. aguy who can defend the line and stop doubles is also crucial. 1st base is one of the hardest positions to play for the fact that so much rides on you beingable to make a play. a 1st baseman has the 2nd most touches of the baseball in the game so yes 1b is a demanding position ..........

jose reyes agrees with me ........

Delgado has actually played very solid defensively last season, even though I always said he has crab hands (he picks a lot of bad throws).

Teix will be signed before Christmas IMO...to Boston.

Originally Posted by shake n bake718

Did you not watch Howard put his team on his back in September and carry Philly to the playoffs? Has he not either won or been in the running for MVP every year since he's played a full season?
Howard was garbage 2/3rds or the season. There are two Ryan Howard's the good one and the bad one. The bad one won't take a walk and hits.240 the good one gets 400. OBP and pushes .600 slugging. The good is one of the best hitters in the league the bad one is...bad.
Cabrera hits for a better average and has just about the same amount of RBIs and HRs each year as Tex. Berkman and Morneau also put up similar numbers to Tex every year so how can you say Tex surpasses all of them easily?
Not last year...
Berkman and Morneau also put up similar numbers to Tex every year so how can you say Tex surpasses all of them easily?
Do you know who Morneau is? I'm canadian and dude stay overrating him.

10:18pm: An update from Kat O'Brien at Newsdaysays "the Yankees remain on the periphery of the bidding" for Teixeira.

Scott Boras has apparently contacted Brian Cashman to inform him that an 8-year/$180MM contract would be needed to land Tex. This contradictsrecent reports that estimate that the Boston Red Sox have made such an offer, since they have not signed the free agent yet.

The article also reiterates the fact that the Yankees do not have an offer out to Teixeira.

6:50pm: Lyle Spencer and BillLadson of MLB.com report that Teixeira will decide on where to sign in the next few days.

6:02pm: Brown, who seemingly had the Angels' withdrawn offer scoop first, has more. He says Arte Moreno decided that Tex did not intend toplay for the Angels and were being used to drive up the price.

Brown also learned that the Red Sox have not spoken to Boras since Thursday night.

5:15pm: According to Ken Rosenthal, the Angels withdrew their offer toTeixeira. He says the Angels' decision "appears more final" than Boston's "not going to be a factor" statement. Rosenthalbelieves the Angels offered around $160MM over eight years, but Tex wants to be on the East Coast. Tim Brown says the Halos will not re-enter the bidding forTeixeira.

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

6:02pm: Brown, who seemingly had the Angels' withdrawn offer scoop first, has more. He says Arte Moreno decided that Tex did not intend to play for the Angels and were being used to drive up the price.

Brown also learned that the Red Sox have not spoken to Boras since Thursday night.

5:15pm: According to Ken Rosenthal, the Angels withdrew their offer to Teixeira. He says the Angels' decision "appears more final" than Boston's "not going to be a factor" statement. Rosenthal believes the Angels offered around $160MM over eight years, but Tex wants to be on the East Coast. Tim Brown says the Halos will not re-enter the bidding for Teixeira.
Who's going to play 1st base for the Halos?

They're usually major players in free agency every off-season so I expect them to make some kind of moves.

man watch this fool pick the yankees
laugh.gif

nah...i just hope he decides soon, so we can move on with our offseason plans

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

man watch this fool pick the yankees
laugh.gif

nah...i just hope he decides soon, so we can move on with our offseason plans
co-sign. i want this saga to end. i expect a decision to be made by Christmas.
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom