Mass Shooting Thread: Waiting on the next one.

What is there to skimmed?

MF - he stated those things and the reason for a killing spree.

Pathetic

That's the beauty of an Internet forum. We don't have to agree on anything. You could get clapped today and I wouldn't stop what I'm doing.

That's the beauty of an Internet forum. We don't have to agree on anything. You could get clapped today and I wouldn't stop what I'm doing.
Wtf does that have to do with what I wrote?

Ahhhhhh...

The beauty of the internet, where you can be a complete idiot and think you can pass as an educated individual. FOH.

Last edited:
The Republican party is in shambles man.

They lost Hurd and the only two female in Senate Brooks and Roby, along with 5 other long standing members.

They are ******* weak anyways. Instead of standing up to the ******** they let it slide and now instead of fighting they are leaving cause they cant stand it anymore.

FOH

this isnt the political thread, or the where in NY are you from/are you even black thread. this is the mass shooting thread. yall should try to keep that in mind.

His Twitter is still available to anyone who wants to see it.

Where is the evidence that his shooting was related to his political views, like the one in El Paso in the form of the shooter's manifesto?

And even if it in some way can be considered left wing terrorism, it's doesn't put a dent on these stats that are dominated by right wingers, who are responsible for more attacks than all other groups combined:

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.png

5.png

6.png

Notice the variety of the sources on these graphs. Yet they all point to the same thing.

Neil deGrasse Tyson

TweetStorm 8 HOURS AGO · PUBLIC TweetStorm - August 5, 2019 Yesterday, a Tweet I posted in reaction to the horrific mass shootings in America over the previous 48 hours, killing 34 people, spawned mixed and highly critical responses.

If you missed it, I offered a short list of largely preventable causes of death, along with their average two-day death toll in the United States. They significantly exceeded the death toll from the two days of mass shootings, including the number of people (40) who on average die from handgun homicides every two days.

I then noted that we tend to react emotionally to spectacular incidences of death, with the implication that more common causes of death trigger milder responses within us. My intent was to offer objectively true information that might help shape conversations and reactions to preventable ways we die.

Where I miscalculated was that I genuinely believed the Tweet would be helpful to anyone trying to save lives in America. What I learned from the range of reactions is that for many people, some information –-my Tweet in particular -- can be true but unhelpful, especially at a time when many people are either still in shock, or trying to heal – or both.

So if you are one of those people, I apologize for not knowing in advance what effect my Tweet could have on you. I am therefore thankful for the candor and depth of critical reactions shared in my Twitter feed.

As an educator, I personally value knowing with precision and accuracy what reaction anything that I say (or write) will instill in my audience, and I got this one wrong. Respectfully Submitted Neil deGrasse Tyson

I have to watch my back for mental illness, mental illness, not racists packing heat now, it’s scary out there.

American media demonizing people with mental development issues. Trump gonna pull funding from Special Ed. and Special Olympics. 'Nooo, I don't know what they're teaching you in there. Are sniper courses in the curriculum?'

Neil deGrasse Tyson

TweetStorm 8 HOURS AGO · PUBLIC TweetStorm - August 5, 2019 Yesterday, a Tweet I posted in reaction to the horrific mass shootings in America over the previous 48 hours, killing 34 people, spawned mixed and highly critical responses.

If you missed it, I offered a short list of largely preventable causes of death, along with their average two-day death toll in the United States. They significantly exceeded the death toll from the two days of mass shootings, including the number of people (40) who on average die from handgun homicides every two days.

I then noted that we tend to react emotionally to spectacular incidences of death, with the implication that more common causes of death trigger milder responses within us. My intent was to offer objectively true information that might help shape conversations and reactions to preventable ways we die.

Where I miscalculated was that I genuinely believed the Tweet would be helpful to anyone trying to save lives in America. What I learned from the range of reactions is that for many people, some information –-my Tweet in particular -- can be true but unhelpful, especially at a time when many people are either still in shock, or trying to heal – or both.

So if you are one of those people, I apologize for not knowing in advance what effect my Tweet could have on you. I am therefore thankful for the candor and depth of critical reactions shared in my Twitter feed.

As an educator, I personally value knowing with precision and accuracy what reaction anything that I say (or write) will instill in my audience, and I got this one wrong. Respectfully Submitted Neil deGrasse Tyson

Smart dumb mutha****a

If you asked a 5th grader how a president should talk and act, you would get DT.

5th grade is a stretch. I used to get into a ton of trouble back then but still knew to behave myself and listen to strong and intelligent adults (versus the teachers that clearly didn't care about teaching/discipling kids properly)

5 year old is more accurate

Last edited:
That and why aren’t there extensive background checks being done at these video game shows?

yoooo, wasnt there a mass shooting last year by that white kid after he lost at a video game tourney? it was a 2k tourney or something. They had the shooting audio recorded

yoooo, wasnt there a mass shooting last year by that white kid after he lost at a video game tourney? it was a 2k tourney or something. They had the shooting audio recorded

Madden tournament. Dude was either getting smoked or already lost.

Madden tournament in Jacksonville, Fl at the landing.

Neil deGrasse Tyson

I hope he genuinely feels that his tweet was extremely ignorant and isn't just backtracking due to pressure.

If you out here STILL caping for this “leader” you are a complete herb. That goes goes for ninjahood and the rest of y’all phonies

how y’all don’t see the real issue if mind blowing. Hope y’all don’t have children either cause boyyyyyyyyy

Back
Top Bottom