Most overrated NBA player today?

Originally Posted by the PGA tour

^^
That is except for maybe Zach, i dont think anybody thinks he is better than he really is. First off i dont know how 20 and 10 is a joke, 2nd off he might be the best well rounded offensive power forward in the league.

you got that part right

laugh.gif

i don't even like this frontrunning dude who only popped up on NT when this team got good, but he's right.

zach's the most well rounded 4 in the league since rodney rogers.

He may not even be top 10-15 PFs overall but as a complete scorer, he might be the best.

So, off of some of your logic, where does this guy stand?

69acedca9744330118664cc4d0fe7130-getty-76075049vb014_pacers_heat.jpg

I mean, his nickname is "Buckets"

I would actually have to agree with Tony Parker. This dude just gets open lanes off of Ginobli and Duncan. I won't deny he's super quick, and he hasimproved his jumper, but every game I see the Spurs in, he's either racing down the floor for an easy layup or finishing something in traffic. Not too muchif you ask me, for a 18-20 ppg scorer.

Lebronze James

All HYPE !

Built by NIKE, BSPN, & David Stern.
laugh.gif

he does gets hyped up a lot....... but to say he is all hype? What a joke..
tired.gif
Is he not an elite player in this league?

Zach has a more complete offensive set than KG and Dirk.
jesus......
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
smh.gif

Luol Deng
Ben Wallace Benedict Wallets
smh.gif
sick.gif
indifferent.gif
alien.gif

Kirk Heinrich Hinrich

PREACH! but you misspelled a couple of their names........fixed it for ya
tired.gif

Originally Posted by nitzski

And it's clear some of you have never watched Zach Randolph outside of some highlights. Dude is as offensively talented as ANY PF in the NBA, now I'm not saying he's the best PF in basketball or he's not a selfish non-defending S.O.B. but as far as offensive talent he can compete with anyone...so pause all the
laugh.gif

Exactly what i have been trying to say to these fools. Im not saying that he does play D, or that he is unselfish, because clearly he is not. But if someof yall actually watched Z Bo you wou;d know he can flat out score. You can even ask Kevin Garnett who has been playing vs Zach 4 times a year for the past 4season including this one. He even says that Zach is a phenomenal scorer and can really score any where on any one. There are not too many pfs, who have adeveloped post game like him, a beautiful outside shot, and the ability to take it in. I would actually like the Knicks to trade him and get a hard worker whodoes pass and play D and dunk on people like David lee in the lineup. But if any of you guys have watched Zach often you would know that he is as good of ascorer as any PF in the NBA. Not the best overall, but that dude can score.

2nd off he might be the best well rounded offensive power forward in the league. He got a lights out jumper, he can take it in strong, and bully his way inside, he works hard and is VERY tough on the glass despite being undersized and under athletic. The reason why he aint that good and not elite is cause he dont play D for *$%@ and although he is a good passer, he dont give up that !!$@$%# ball.

What's an "offensive PF?" All the guys who I think are better than Randolph can put the ball in the hoop.

Antawn Jamison >>>>>>>>>>>> Zach Randolph by a mile

How can you say someone is a good passer even though they don't give up the ball? That kind of contradicts itself.

Zach Randolph is not a winner, and he is TOTALLY one-dimensional. You can lump him in the same category as Stephon Marbury.

PF's IMO that are better than Zach Randolph.....

Garnett
Nowitzki
Boozer
Sheed
Bosh
Jamison
West
Duncan

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

2nd off he might be the best well rounded offensive power forward in the league. He got a lights out jumper, he can take it in strong, and bully his way inside, he works hard and is VERY tough on the glass despite being undersized and under athletic. The reason why he aint that good and not elite is cause he dont play D for *$%@ and although he is a good passer, he dont give up that !!$@$%# ball.

What's an "offensive PF?" All the guys who I think are better than Randolph can put the ball in the hoop.

Antawn Jamison >>>>>>>>>>>> Zach Randolph by a mile

How can you say someone is a good passer even though they don't give up the ball? That kind of contradicts itself.

Zach Randolph is not a winner, and he is TOTALLY one-dimensional. You can lump him in the same category as Stephon Marbury.

PF's IMO that are better than Zach Randolph.....

Garnett
Nowitzki
Boozer
Sheed
Bosh
Jamison
West
Duncan

what i meant was as a good passer is that he showed the ability to make some very nice passes this season when he does pass it, but thats not often. Andfor your list above you guys are completely misquoting me and the other Knicks fans. i agree with you on all those PFs above, i honestly say that overall Zachisnt even the best PF on our team. I would say David Lee is better than him, because he is more athletic and tries to dunk on people rather than forces dumbshots and goes in for layups that get blocked, he plays D unlike Zach, and hes faster, and hes unselfish. None of us our arguing that, we are just saying as ascoring pf Zach is in that elite class. there are not too many PFs that can score like he does, especially in all 3 ways of scoring like Zach does.
EDIT:and just for the record the reason we even started talking about Zach is because i AGREED with someone that he is overated. I said that overall he is not avery good PF and i repeatedly restate that yet yalls keep throwing out people that are better than him. I KNOW THEY ARE. What i said was that he can score withthe best of them. But honestly that is really all he does well along with rebound. But that is how Zach made his $, he did it cause he is a great scorer. ithink since yalls think he is a cancer and a not very good and overpaid player, you are taking the hate out of prespective and saying hes a bad scorer. But heis not a bad scorer at all in any means. So basically yes i know he is not a winner and one dimensional. That is what i was arguing in the 1st place. I saidhes overated becaiuse hes selfish (therefore i acknowledged he about him self and not a winner) and that all he does do well is score (aka hes onedimensional). I acknowleged what every one of you are saying. But that 1 dimension that he has (scoring) is what he is VERY good at. But overall once again hesnot that good but hes a phenominal scorer.

He even says that Zach is a phenomenal scorer and can really score any where on any one.
When did Kevin Garnett say this?
Garnett Nowitzki Boozer Sheed Bosh Jamison West Duncan
Yeah, I'd agree that all those guys, with the exception of maybe David West, are better offensively than Zach... Throw in Elton Brand. DoesAmare count as a PF?
he did it cause he is a great scorer.
Using the term 'great' a little loosely, aren't we?
hes not that good but hes a phenominal scorer.
Again, 'phenominal' is being used VERY loosely.
But he is not a bad scorer at all in any means.
Maybe not bad, but extremely inefficient.

Who, exactly, has overrated Devin Harris? I've never seen anybody call him more than an adequet PG...

Speak for yourself, Devin's the greatest PG in the history of the NBA.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

W/O a doubt it must be D-Wade. The officials have stepped back a little bit with his flopping on every drive and now the Heat can't win.

And what does he do? He goes public 4 days ago saying that Snaq will get blamed if he plays or if he doesn't play.

He totally deflects any blame from himself and makes the issue about Snaq- his health, contract and performance on the floor. A TRUE LEADER would takeresponsibility for his team- its his team right? I thought he was an MVP!?

He is at best an above average player.

For once since Snaq left LA, I feel sorry for him.

Originally Posted by size twelve

Originally Posted by the PGA tour

^^
That is except for maybe Zach, i dont think anybody thinks he is better than he really is. First off i dont know how 20 and 10 is a joke, 2nd off he might be the best well rounded offensive power forward in the league.

you got that part right

laugh.gif

i don't even like this frontrunning dude who only popped up on NT when this team got good, but he's right.

zach's the most well rounded 4 in the league since rodney rogers.

not that im trying to brag or nothing, but ive been on NT longer than you, my friend. i was just banned for a long period of time.
laugh.gif

this avy might look familiar...
f92158e0f9568360a8e54daabc5d95969ff06fd.gif

Back
Top Bottom