NBA 2K11 Official Thread (Patch Put for PS3 & XBOX 360)

I'm a hardcore 2k dude, ever since NBA 2k for Dreamcast. I maybe only missed one year, the one with CP3 on the cover. I always got it early or on the release date.

But this year, I'm holding off. Why?

Because for the past 2-3 years, Toys R-Us has had that BUY 2 GET 1 GAME FREE DEAL, 1 week after the 2k release. Every year I'm like DAMN! I shouldve waited.

I'll go ahead and sign up for gamefly for 1 month just so I can get 2k on the release week, then go ahead and cop 2k11 + Halo Reach + ???? when that Toys R Us deal goes down in early october.

Originally Posted by Jonbx5

so with the game coming up have ya seen any deals? they usually have ones with giftcards
i need to get my 360 modded but im afraid of getting banned for playing online
ohwell.gif
I honestly dont understand you fools that insist on playing pirated games especially when there is a risk of being banned on XBL or PSN. Games nowadays rely heavily on online play and without it you miss out on most of the fun. *jus' sayin*

Originally Posted by NuMba1KiCkrocka

so with the game coming up have ya seen any deals? they usually have ones with giftcards
ohwell.gif
I honestly dont understand you fools that insist on playing pirated games especially when there is a risk of being banned on XBL or PSN. Games nowadays rely heavily on online play and without it you miss out on most of the fun. *jus' sayin*
Just buy another box once you get banned
laugh.gif
. They have banwaves once a year around November. You pay 60+ for each game, why not spend 30 on 30 DVDs and have 30 games for free. You get your money's worth EASILY. I will keep doing this until they find a way to permanently stop it.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dustblaaze

I'm a hardcore 2k dude, ever since NBA 2k for Dreamcast. I maybe only missed one year, the one with CP3 on the cover. I always got it early or on the release date.

Because for the past 2-3 years, Toys R-Us has had that BUY 2 GET 1 GAME FREE DEAL, 1 week after the 2k release. Every year I'm like DAMN! I shouldve waited.

I'll go ahead and sign up for gamefly for 1 month just so I can get 2k on the release week, then go ahead and cop 2k11 + Halo Reach + ???? when that Toys R Us deal goes down in early october.
I remember this deal dudes where going in last year
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
i hope they do it again

ohwell.gif

i seen a few ppl who have had there 360 modded for years without problems so idk

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

ohwell.gif
laugh.gif
. They have banwaves once a year around November. You pay 60+ for each game, why not spend 30 on 30 DVDs and have 30 games for free. You get your money's worth EASILY. I will keep doing this until they find a way to permanently stop it.
pimp.gif
that's what a lot of dudes do.  I didn't even sweat it when I got banned, I can get rosters, and updates with the transfer cable
and I have a PS3  if I just want to play online, which I never do.
I'm well content being banned now
I can still stream my movies to and all that so it's cool

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

ohwell.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
that's what a lot of dudes do.  I didn't even sweat it when I got banned, I can get rosters, and updates with the transfer cable
and I have a PS3  if I just want to play online, which I never do.
I'm well content being banned now
I can still stream my movies to and all that so it's cool

already!
2413t55.jpg

Been banned for a year now and i'm goooooooooood

Rondo a 87 tho??? Come on.. he the best rated player on his team?!
and his overall is better than nash.. wow. guess christmas comes twice a year now huh? lol
I really dont care but thats crazy..

Originally Posted by NotoriousMJ23

Rondo a 87 tho??? Come on.. he the best rated player on his team?!
and his overall is better than nash.. wow. guess christmas comes twice a year now huh? lol
I really dont care but thats crazy..

Steve Nash's defensive skills are very low which is why his overall suffers. Again, overall rating isn't an implication that PLayer X is an overall better player than Player Y. It just means in the ratings that matter most to that position, Player X's formula looks better than PLayer Y's formula on paper.

I don't see the issue with Rondo being the highest rated Celtic. What is your issue with that?

Originally Posted by dustblaaze

im hoping TRU will do this deal again, I made like 200ish off that deal last year, but heres what you can do (i did last year)

bought the game from gamestop, played it for a week, then the TRU buy 2 get 1 free deal came along

bought 2 games + NBA 2K10 (free), I returned the 2 games I paid for to TRU back for store credit, then return NBA 2k10 with the receipt for FULL PRICE

I'll say this once and for all. It absolutely doesn't matter what a players rating is once u start playing. I've gone absolutely nuts with the bucks T'Wolves and even the pistons. Well maybe not the pistons.. but yea I've had my @@* kicked online by that dude Fatherlessstyle (on 2K not NT) on a ranked match and dude played with the clippers.

Anways my point is if you know how to play these ratings don't matter. Essentially all these guys are pros which is the beauty of 2K or other sports simulations. If u play well enough and learn all the teams strengths and weaknesses u can dominate with any player/team.

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

I'll say this once and for all. It absolutely doesn't matter what a players rating is once u start playing. I've gone absolutely nuts with the bucks T'Wolves and even the pistons. Well maybe not the pistons.. but yea I've had my !#! kicked online by that dude Fatherlessstyle (on 2K not NT) on a ranked match and dude played with the clippers.

Anways my point is if you know how to play these ratings don't matter. Essentially all these guys are pros which is the beauty of 2K or other sports simulations. If u play well enough and learn all the teams strengths and weaknesses u can dominate with any player/team.

The dude ran pick and roll all day and me and kept shooting 3s with steve blake. Never missed. I was bamboozled

Originally Posted by ireminisce

indifferent.gif
at dirk being an 83
Last I checked he didn't make NBA All-Defensive 1st or 2nd team, while Tim Duncan made All-NBA Third Team & All-Defensive 1st Team was ranked higher. So unless you felt the score was too high, it's fair when comparing to someone else at his position. I will say when comparing the two Duncan should be lower, he doesn't score as much even though he could when it's needed, a few points off would've been better.

But I'm not one to get caught up in ratings, I just use the full ratings to gauge a player's strength and weakness on the team.

most of you guys shouldnt even be worried about overall ratings, when you guys play, most of you only care about the 3pt rating and the dunk rating
laugh.gif

ohwell.gif

I know that Amazon has a 10$ Credit to a future purchase on a game and free release day delivery if you pre-order. Sounds good to me. And no taxes either.

ohwell.gif

I know that Amazon has a 10$ Credit to a future purchase on a game and free release day delivery if you pre-order. Sounds good to me. And no taxes either.

Originally Posted by yungchris504

ohwell.gif

Walmart.com has this as well 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

ohwell.gif
grin.gif
Doesn't Wal-Mart tax you? Saving $5 ftw!

Originally Posted by Mister916

ohwell.gif
grin.gif
And I am pretty sure Wal-Mart doesn't guarantee free release day shipping but I could be wrong. And why are you trying to play me rck2sactown

Originally Posted by Mister916

ohwell.gif
grin.gif
And I am pretty sure Wal-Mart doesn't guarantee free release day shipping but I could be wrong. And why are you trying to play me rck2sactown
I ain't trying to play noone..... unless you are talking about 2K11
laugh.gif

I'm probably gonna do it just cuz I already have a $20 gc there from preordering Halo 
grin.gif
 With Halo I did get free overnight shipping, *%%@ was frustrating
laugh.gif
it arrived in my town on like thursday and they had to hold it till Tuesday, the release date
laugh.gif

EDIT: #+$% me. The shipping on that is like a week
30t6p3b.gif
I'm playing myself SMH

Back
Top Bottom