NBA's Overt Technical Fouls. Will it hurt the Game?

I agree with you JB23.

I wouldn't expect things to be as strict as we've seen over the preseason.

I agree with you JB23.

I wouldn't expect things to be as strict as we've seen over the preseason.

O'Neal's foul was stupid, yes. Some frustration should be warranted when players are in the heat of the moment.

But but make no mistake, passion/emotion and whining/complaining are not the same thing.

The passion and emotion of sports should be uplifting and inspiring to teammates and fans. Complaining and whining is pathetic, juvenile, and selfish. Let the coach do the talking. Dude just need to go out and play their game.

O'Neal's foul was stupid, yes. Some frustration should be warranted when players are in the heat of the moment.

But but make no mistake, passion/emotion and whining/complaining are not the same thing.

The passion and emotion of sports should be uplifting and inspiring to teammates and fans. Complaining and whining is pathetic, juvenile, and selfish. Let the coach do the talking. Dude just need to go out and play their game.

This topic has opened up a medium for an excellent debate that supports arguments from both perspectives. I'll be at the Heat vs Magic game here in Tampa next Friday and will report back to the thread with updates on who may have been T'd up and whether or not warranted as I may be convinced of why if watched live and in person
laugh.gif
. Furthermore, I think it's safe to say that for those of us that are enrolled in fantasy leagues, it may be a good idea to draft players with higher FT percentages in light of the insertion of this rule lol. All jokes aside, as stated earlier this is an excellnt debate with points and opinions and even facts that may convince one to sway to believe the other sides position! ..... Just not me however! I'm sticking with my stance that this rule if not modified will do more harm to the game then good. 

This topic has opened up a medium for an excellent debate that supports arguments from both perspectives. I'll be at the Heat vs Magic game here in Tampa next Friday and will report back to the thread with updates on who may have been T'd up and whether or not warranted as I may be convinced of why if watched live and in person
laugh.gif
. Furthermore, I think it's safe to say that for those of us that are enrolled in fantasy leagues, it may be a good idea to draft players with higher FT percentages in light of the insertion of this rule lol. All jokes aside, as stated earlier this is an excellnt debate with points and opinions and even facts that may convince one to sway to believe the other sides position! ..... Just not me however! I'm sticking with my stance that this rule if not modified will do more harm to the game then good. 

mr2cool:
I'm sticking with my stance that this rule if not modified will do more harm to the game then good.
Then that begs the question: what if modified?

mr2cool:
I'm sticking with my stance that this rule if not modified will do more harm to the game then good.
Then that begs the question: what if modified?

If modified, I'm all for legislating the game ska with more efficient calls that will keep the players more focused on simply playing basketball and not silly whining and crying and all of the other mal-natured antics that go on in the league today. More importantly, my view strictly embellishes on the violent nature that may erupt in the game if not officiated appropriately which I believe is also an underlying agenda that Stern may be addressing with this rule. Fights on the court ... Fights in the stands.... Guns being brought to "Arenas" (Cheap jab at Agent Zero My bad lol). Stern wants his prized possession to be viewed and revered all over the world as stated earlier by another NT'er; its grossly become his end goal and persistent mission. To market his league and to increase the opportunity for vast expansion. Global Expansion unlike it's ever seen. BUT do not endanger the true essence of AMERICAN basketball as we have all grown to love, admire, and for some of us the esteemed privilege of participating within as well. I'm sure our fellow NBA NT'ers and up and coming collegiate ones as well can find some truth to that.     Just My Thoughts!

If modified, I'm all for legislating the game ska with more efficient calls that will keep the players more focused on simply playing basketball and not silly whining and crying and all of the other mal-natured antics that go on in the league today. More importantly, my view strictly embellishes on the violent nature that may erupt in the game if not officiated appropriately which I believe is also an underlying agenda that Stern may be addressing with this rule. Fights on the court ... Fights in the stands.... Guns being brought to "Arenas" (Cheap jab at Agent Zero My bad lol). Stern wants his prized possession to be viewed and revered all over the world as stated earlier by another NT'er; its grossly become his end goal and persistent mission. To market his league and to increase the opportunity for vast expansion. Global Expansion unlike it's ever seen. BUT do not endanger the true essence of AMERICAN basketball as we have all grown to love, admire, and for some of us the esteemed privilege of participating within as well. I'm sure our fellow NBA NT'ers and up and coming collegiate ones as well can find some truth to that.     Just My Thoughts!

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

QFT.

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

QFT.

As much as I hate the new rule, Kobe needs to S T F U. He doesn't get calls because he's always showing up the refs. Bynum needs to chill too.

As much as I hate the new rule, Kobe needs to S T F U. He doesn't get calls because he's always showing up the refs. Bynum needs to chill too.

Originally Posted by Ignoramus

Originally Posted by ImReallyDirkNowitzki

Originally Posted by maddog345

It will hurt the game. It takes away the emotion from the game.

QFT
David stern is a p.o.s, quickly ruining the greatest game in the world

Agreed.

1st of all, Stern claims the fans wanted this because they are sick of all the complaining after every call.  That is total bull$hit and he knows it.

2nd of all, this is nothing more than a ploy to cover up any accountability for the horrendous officiating this league has.

Originally Posted by Ignoramus

Originally Posted by ImReallyDirkNowitzki

Originally Posted by maddog345

It will hurt the game. It takes away the emotion from the game.

QFT
David stern is a p.o.s, quickly ruining the greatest game in the world

Agreed.

1st of all, Stern claims the fans wanted this because they are sick of all the complaining after every call.  That is total bull$hit and he knows it.

2nd of all, this is nothing more than a ploy to cover up any accountability for the horrendous officiating this league has.

It's no different from any other rule the NBA says it's going to enforce. I mean, the whole no flopping rule never even came to fruition. They test these things out in preseason, maybe it carries over for a eek into the regular season, and then everyone forgets. It's like the dress code. People screamed bloody murder about it and looking back, it's like "why were we so agitated over it?"

It's no different from any other rule the NBA says it's going to enforce. I mean, the whole no flopping rule never even came to fruition. They test these things out in preseason, maybe it carries over for a eek into the regular season, and then everyone forgets. It's like the dress code. People screamed bloody murder about it and looking back, it's like "why were we so agitated over it?"

So far in both the Primetime games Heat/Celts .... Rockets/Lakers, both games have had an Overt TECH issued.

So far in both the Primetime games Heat/Celts .... Rockets/Lakers, both games have had an Overt TECH issued.

new rule is weak for many reasons... it mAke Nba players look like robots... there has always been emotion in basketball so why take it out now.. but i will admit sum players do abuse the complaining to refs like kobe & lebron #NOHATE just stating the obvious.

new rule is weak for many reasons... it mAke Nba players look like robots... there has always been emotion in basketball so why take it out now.. but i will admit sum players do abuse the complaining to refs like kobe & lebron #NOHATE just stating the obvious.

don't like it....they'll use it against the avg players but not the superstars and its a way for stern to rig games...

Back
Top Bottom